Illinois St.

Discussions of all the Aces sports
Ad1770
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 1980

Re: Illinois St.

Postby Ad1770 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:22 pm

Aces44 wrote:I’m missing nothing. I’ve been there and I promise you DM’s boss wants him to win games.
Therefore, if the AD is ok with it, so will DM.

So, you would be ok with a kid coming to UE and being arrested three times in a year, and Coach Mac doing nothing to discipline him? I’m quite sure that our AD wants to win also, but I doubt him (as well as any other AD in the Valley) would allow this to continue at their school. After all, if a FELONY drug conviction didn’t warrant a kid to at least get suspended, there is a severe problem, and it might be one that the league will step in on.

After all, ISUr isn’t exactly making any tournament shares for the Valley, now are they?
TIME TO GET IT RIGHT

Aces44
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 1992

Postby Aces44 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:21 am

I’m not. DM is.
Complain about it all you want, but smart money has him in the Starting Lineup Game 1

purpleredbird
Ford Center Regular
Fan Since: 1984

Postby purpleredbird » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:56 pm

Wow, where to start. While I am a ISU season ticket holder I am a UE fan. I am certainly not making excuses for MY. I get frustrated at times with the lax attitude around player issues as well at ISU. However I also know that what is reported on or is conjecture on message boards is not always factual.

Do I think MY is going to miss much time, if any, I do not. Do I think what he supposedly did, which nobody really knows for sure is the crime of the century, I do not.

If I were an ISU fan would i want him back on the team, having heard portions of what happened, I would. I do know him personally though which weighs into it to me.

Other than that I have no opinion.

purpleredbird
Ford Center Regular
Fan Since: 1984

Postby purpleredbird » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:58 pm

Sorry, one last thing. A number of players who have left ISU in the past were shown the door by Coach DM, so he has certainly dismissed players before

letsgoAces
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1969

Postby letsgoAces » Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:13 am

MY's court date is October 19th. The judge will see his prior suspension(s). This should be interesting.

In fairness to ISU Redbird fans, the bulk majority on their message board have had enough of him and want him dismissed from the team, and some are quite critical of Dan Mueller.

I like the ISU program very much and want them to succeed (except against Evansville). Great tradition, fans, and school. But they are beginning to look like a refuge for outlaw players. Time for DM to do the right thing and show MY the door....if that doesn't help straighten him out then nothing will.

letsgoAces
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1969

Postby letsgoAces » Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:27 am

purpleredbird wrote:Wow, where to start. While I am a ISU season ticket holder I am a UE fan. I am certainly not making excuses for MY. I get frustrated at times with the lax attitude around player issues as well at ISU. However I also know that what is reported on or is conjecture on message boards is not always factual.

Do I think MY is going to miss much time, if any, I do not. Do I think what he supposedly did, which nobody really knows for sure is the crime of the century, I do not.

If I were an ISU fan would i want him back on the team, having heard portions of what happened, I would. I do know him personally though which weighs into it to me.

Other than that I have no opinion.

What is factual is MY was arrested (third time in a year) and has been, at least for now, suspended by the coach. He hit someone while driving, didn't bother to stop, and the passengers in his car contacted the police. All of that has been reported.
What troubles me with your post is how you speak out both ends of your mouth....you minimize MY's actions by stating this isn't the crime of the century and you don't want to make excuses for him.....then you state nobody knows for sure what happened but you want him back on the team...oh but you do get frustrated with lax attitude's on the team. Glad to know other than that you have no opinion LOL

PurpleWhiskers
Road Tripper
Fan Since: 1977

Postby PurpleWhiskers » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:53 pm

purpleredbird wrote:Sorry, one last thing. A number of players who have left ISU in the past were shown the door by Coach DM, so he has certainly dismissed players before

Who were the "number of players" who were "shown the door" by DM? Were they easier to dismiss because they had minor roles? Were their offenses a golden opportunity to free up scholarships for more Maliks? Did they do worse than having three arrests that included a hit and run? My impression of DM is that he would set integrity aside to further his own career. You can set me straight by providing more details about these dismissals. Thank you in advance.

211N-69
Road Tripper
Fan Since: 1964

Postby 211N-69 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:55 am

I think if they want to test this kid's integrity, let him stay in school to complete his undergrad work ... but he can't play intercollegiate sports.
So it's about molding character the way the rest of the student body has to do it ... that is the penalty for having made bad decisions ... you get to watch the games but you can't have a spot on the team. If you can handle that, in 2 years, or 3 ... or however long it takes, you can apply for your remaining eligibility, either here or at some other school.

6th man
Head Cheerleader

Postby 6th man » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:40 pm

211N-69 wrote:I think if they want to test this kid's integrity, let him stay in school to complete his undergrad work ... but he can't play intercollegiate sports.
So it's about molding character the way the rest of the student body has to do it ... that is the penalty for having made bad decisions ... you get to watch the games but you can't have a spot on the team. If you can handle that, in 2 years, or 3 ... or however long it takes, you can apply for your remaining eligibility, either here or at some other school.

Yarbough is a senior. He won't have a couple of years His 5year eligibility would be over. his best bet, If Mueller kicks him off the team, is to file for the draft
It's a great time to be an Aces fan
#getonboard

211N-69
Road Tripper

Postby 211N-69 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:55 pm

Then boot the guy off the team. Set an example. If he wants to finish school, he's on campus.

Return to “The Aces”