Illinois - Nov 8th Scouting report

Discussions of all the Aces sports
NumbersDontLie
Road Tripper
Fan Since: 1992

Re: Illinois - Nov 8th Scouting report

Postby NumbersDontLie » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:55 am

Glad to see that some reasonable expectations and opinions are in this group.

Tough to open on the road at a Power 5 conference school in Year 1, game 1 of a rebuild. I’d rather see that than lose by 31 in Game 1, Year 9 of a rebuild at Louisville or by 64 in year 10.

Tom Servo
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1991

Postby Tom Servo » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:03 am

NumbersDontLie wrote:Glad to see that some reasonable expectations and opinions are in this group.

Tough to open on the road at a Power 5 conference school in Year 1, game 1 of a rebuild. I’d rather see that than lose by 31 in Game 1, Year 9 of a rebuild at Louisville or by 64 in year 10.

Well said
8-19 .....1986
16-12 ....1987 --- MCC Champ
21-8 .....1988 --- NIT
25-6 .....1989 --- NCAA
Key point, be patient, never judge a coach on Year 1!

ncace
Road Tripper
Fan Since: 1969

Postby ncace » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:42 am

We played a very talented, deep team that will surprise opponents in the big 10. The Illinois "spaceship" has always been a tough place to play and renovations have given UofI even better environs to be a tough out at home.

The Aces are on a 2-3 year plan, and this team will struggle in almost every game this year. With the limited bench, even one injury or suspension will make us more vulnerable to a well-coached opponent.

What we will need, as much as anything, is an Athletic Admin. that will REALLY engage the fan base, and especially the NEW season tic folks. Their challenge is to make the Ford experience positive, do all they can to make each game an EVENT, and to LISTEN to what students and other fans have to say. The Media message needs to be positive and consistent. They need to promote unsold seats to youth groups, high schools, and organizations at a discount, and they need to be consistent in their positioning of the McCarty Aces as a 2-3 year program. In other words, don't just sit back and let the season play out, but continue to SELL the LT plan.

6th man
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1964

Postby 6th man » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:49 pm

Sorry I havent posted sooner but worked call The main thing I wanted to point out is the technical foul on KJ was a major turning point in the first half. He was running the offense and when he picked up his first real foul he went ot the bench for most of the first half, that is when things got out of hand and Illini went on the 25-5 run. No one on the Aces squad pick up on offense and ran the floor
Just an Observation. KJ played a clean game otherwise and led in scoring. Disciplining DC was at a bad time. Could of been a better game.

Time to regroup and get the W against X
Get on Board
UE Integrity
GO ACES

COUTEAU
Head Cheerleader

Postby COUTEAU » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:21 am

I have to agree with the T on KJ.
There was a stoppage in play, as well, of a few minutes. Totally deflated The ACES mojo.
Illinois, was able to regroup. Shake the pop in their collective noses from these upstarts from Southern Indiana and take over the flow.
I was watching on usagoals and the announcers even (tongue in cheek) thanked the officiating crew for the assistance.

Return to “The Aces”