Game Times

Discussions of all the Aces sports
COUTEAU
Head Cheerleader

Re: Game Times

Postby COUTEAU » Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:22 pm

wildbill wrote:First time season ticket buyer. Wish I wouldn't have wasted my money. Live 2 hours away, never will make it by 6

I have to agree somewhat with questioning the early tip times for weekday games.
They've made the big push, over the summer with the coaches caravan, to expand their footprint.
Reaching out to several of the surrounding communities, to increase the fan base.
Seems to nullify the longer drive, for those possible new ACES fans verses an earlier start.

6th man
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1964

Postby 6th man » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:04 pm

Lets gather early and horde the concession revenue. did the Aces get a bigger cut of the concessions. Man's gotta eat!

:beerme: :beerme: :beerme: :beerme: :beerme: :beerme:
Get on Board
UE Integrity
GO ACES

muni cup14
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1980

Postby muni cup14 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:04 am

I'm sure concession revenue will increase, I know UE Gets around 1% of alcohol sales..Time will tell if 6 is a good start time or not.
I know this doesn't have anything to do with Marty,but when he was the coach we the fans were told that University of Evansville does not dictate on what time game times are.

PurpleWhiskers
Road Tripper
Fan Since: 1977

Postby PurpleWhiskers » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:21 am

Before everyone lights their hair on fire, only 6 out of 17 home games start at 6 PM, barely more than a third. The majority of home games begin at 1 PM on weekends. Then again last year some fans were lighting their hair on fire over 1 PM starting times to allow hockey to have the evenings. It was said that 1 PM made it difficult on fans who have kids with afternoon school activities on weekends. I suppose so, but from what I've seen of the increasingly elderly fan base, the kids of most of the remaining fans having been driving their own cars for 20 years or more. They can show up separately. If the Aces can pull in new fans from Eastern Time Zone counties six times this season for their first look-see at the Aces it will be a good thing long term. Keep the faith.

letsgoAces
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1969

Postby letsgoAces » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:59 am

PurpleWhiskers wrote:It wouldn't be Evansville if someone wasn't complaining about something. Nowhere to park. Too far to walk. Too dangerous to walk. Games too early. Games too late. Popcorn is in a big bucket instead of a box. Mascot is ugly. Mascot is immobile. Mascot is missing. Timeouts are boring. Announcer says "trifecta." Fans are too quiet. Fans won't sit down. Cops won't let you boo..........

Sorry, but start time at 6pm is a big deal for people who work day shift hours. Failure to grasp that is beyond me

All Day Aces
Ford Center Regular

Postby All Day Aces » Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:11 pm

Backstage can’t be very happy about this.

mybigpurplebrain
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 1982

Postby mybigpurplebrain » Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:43 pm

I work day hours. I’ll be there!

211N-69
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 1964

Postby 211N-69 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:53 am

Making allowances for kids in school is nothing more than some folks standing around the corner counter waiting for the coffee to finish brewing and "brainstorming." The issue isn't that complicated. If you have issues with weeknight games, go to the ones on Saturday or Sunday. I had to do that when I worked afternoons. Did that for years.

The upside is that once the game is over, you can switch to a different game and catch the entire second half.

I guess I am in favor of kids, but the people who are advocating for them in these ways aren't doing anybody a favor. People with kids in tow will simply be late for the tipoff. Bet on that.

svmar10
Road Tripper
Fan Since: 1965

Postby svmar10 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:30 am

A little confusing. The Tuesday Loyola game here is 07:00. The Wednesday Loyola game there shows 06:00. The rest of the conference away games looks like week days are still 07:00. Is this just a UE thing or did the conference weigh in? And how about the other 9 team's fans who travel to UE? How many will get here at half time?

But it's only details, They could be at 6 AM in the Griffin gym, I'll be there..... Go Aces!

pafan
Crazy Man
Crazy Man
Fan Since: 2003

Postby pafan » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:54 am

The 6pm game at Loyola is probably moved up for television purposes on NBCSN Chicago. The Ramblers only have one weeknight home game scheduled for 7, the others are at 6pm or 8pm.
PurpleAcesFans on Facebook & Twitter

Return to “The Aces”