DeAndre Williams

Discussions of all the Aces sports
E-Villan
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1967

Re: DeAndre Williams

Postby E-Villan » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:59 am

One post from one poster from another school should not be grounds for concern...especially on mvcfans. I went over there to find this post, and got attacked with pop up and banner ads. That place was pretty much a cesspool before, but the pop up ads make it unbearable.

That is like having to pay a monthly subscription to read the National Enquirer.

PurpleWhiskers
Road Tripper
Fan Since: 1977

Postby PurpleWhiskers » Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:41 pm

I don't know whether to believe this story or not but I do know now that a troll or a misinformed person could light up our fan board with the greatest of ease. I tried reading the mvcfans forum a few years ago and felt ashamed of myself for wasting my time. It's little more than a food fight where the larger schools with the most fans have more food to throw. Small schools like UE will always be squashed. If you wish to stay informed about MVC schools, visit each of their fan boards separately. It will be a better use of your time.

mybigpurplebrain
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 1982

Postby mybigpurplebrain » Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:12 pm

PurpleWhiskers wrote:I don't know whether to believe this story or not but I do know now that a troll or a misinformed person could light up our fan board with the greatest of ease. I tried reading the mvcfans forum a few years ago and felt ashamed of myself for wasting my time. It's little more than a food fight where the larger schools with the most fans have more food to throw. Small schools like UE will always be squashed. If you wish to stay informed about MVC schools, visit each of their fan boards separately. It will be a better use of your time.

The post I put up before is the official Aces release about him coming to UE.
Believe what you want. I’ll go with the UE release.

PurpleWhiskers
Road Tripper

Postby PurpleWhiskers » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:17 pm

mybigpurplebrain wrote:
PurpleWhiskers wrote:I don't know whether to believe this story or not but I do know now that a troll or a misinformed person could light up our fan board with the greatest of ease. I tried reading the mvcfans forum a few years ago and felt ashamed of myself for wasting my time. It's little more than a food fight where the larger schools with the most fans have more food to throw. Small schools like UE will always be squashed. If you wish to stay informed about MVC schools, visit each of their fan boards separately. It will be a better use of your time.

You seem confused. I also believe the UE release until proven otherwise. I was referring to the mvcfans baloney about Deandre sitting out a year and only having three years of eligibility. Maybe the culprit confused Deandre with Art Labinowic. Who knows? Who cares?

mybigpurplebrain
Bobblehead Owner

Postby mybigpurplebrain » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:05 pm

PurpleWhiskers wrote:
mybigpurplebrain wrote:

You seem confused. I also believe the UE release until proven otherwise. I was referring to the mvcfans baloney about Deandre sitting out a year and only having three years of eligibility. Maybe the culprit confused Deandre with Art Labinowic. Who knows? Who cares?

Confused ? Nope just went with the first sentence of your post.
It’s all good . We know the MVCFAN post is just wishful thinking of an uninformed individual.

acecard
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1950

Postby acecard » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:19 am

PurpleRain wrote:A member of the athletic dept staff told me that DeAndre will have to sit/only have 3 years of eligibility. It was a couple of months back so I can’t remember any specifics.

Until I hear something official, I am going to believe this person is referring to Art Labinowicz. The Athletic office is not answering today.

Aces & Eights
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1971

Postby Aces & Eights » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:44 am

acecard wrote:
PurpleRain wrote:A member of the athletic dept staff told me that DeAndre will have to sit/only have 3 years of eligibility. It was a couple of months back so I can’t remember any specifics.

Until I hear something official, I am going to believe this person is referring to Art Labinowicz. The Athletic office is not answering today.

Columbus Day Holiday for govt offices, banks, and universities I guess.

mybigpurplebrain
Bobblehead Owner

Postby mybigpurplebrain » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:57 pm

acecard wrote:

I’ll still go with the official release in the courier press and the Aves back in April that states 4 years eligibility.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.courie ... /517882002

Austin Ace
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1970

Postby Austin Ace » Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:44 pm

Aces & Eights wrote:Columbus Day Holiday for govt offices, banks, and universities I guess.

The http://www.evansville.edu site says:

”Fall Break (No Classes) October 6-9”.

It continues on to say “Classes resume October 10.”

October 10th is Wednesday - so not sure if this means that the athletics department will be closed tomorrow; but figured I would throw it out there, in case you don’t get an answer.

Go Aces!!!

PurpleWhiskers
Road Tripper

Postby PurpleWhiskers » Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:56 pm

mybigpurplebrain wrote:
acecard wrote:

I’ll still go with the official release in the courier press and the Aves back in April that states 4 years eligibility.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.courie ... /517882002

The Aces website also lists Deandre as a freshman 5 months after the April press release. It's hard to have only three years of eligibility when your first year is a freshman. I'll be glad when we have basketball to talk about instead of imported rumors from a trash site.

Return to “The Aces”