AVAILABLE PLAYERS NEEDED

Discussions of all the Aces sports
MdEspenlaub
Casual Fan
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:16 am
Fan Since: 1965

Re: AVAILABLE PLAYERS NEEDED

Postby MdEspenlaub » Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:39 pm

DC is suspended for at least 3 games, not out due to injury.

acecard
Head Cheerleader
Posts: 1845
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:04 am
Fan Since: 1950

Re: AVAILABLE PLAYERS NEEDED

Postby acecard » Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:49 pm

MdEspenlaub wrote:DC is suspended for at least 3 games, not out due to injury.

MdEspenlaub, I don't know how you are able to obtain this information, but if it is true, you are the best source of information about the Aces I have ever seen. I hope I haven't been "snoockered " again.

User avatar
Tom Servo
Head Cheerleader
Posts: 1900
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:08 pm
Fan Since: 1991
Location: Evansville, IN

Re: AVAILABLE PLAYERS NEEDED

Postby Tom Servo » Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:55 pm

Unfortunately, the Becker news is true (thanks MdEspenlaub for informing us)...probably waiting on privacy rules with the NCAA to announce...can't say anything else than that...really big blow for sure. Need to get some bigs signed in this fall period. I certainly hope this is the last of the bad news items....still waiting for this big Lance news that he tweeted about. We need something, would be nice to sign these three - Dixon, LaRavia, and Eikens
8-19 .....1986
16-12 ....1987 --- MCC Champ
21-8 .....1988 --- NIT
25-6 .....1989 --- NCAA
Key point, be patient, never judge a coach on Year 1!

Aces101
Head Cheerleader
Posts: 1193
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:35 pm
Fan Since: 1980

Re: AVAILABLE PLAYERS NEEDED

Postby Aces101 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:12 pm

Now we need Dixon, Eikens, and Height BADLY

MdEspenlaub
Casual Fan
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:16 am
Fan Since: 1965

Re: AVAILABLE PLAYERS NEEDED

Postby MdEspenlaub » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:32 pm

acecard... I'm 99% sure my information is correct. Trust me, I wish I was wrong about all of this, and I wish the Administration was putting out this information, like they should. Its a shame there have been so many secrets already under they new regime . Sad...

Acescott
Ford Center Regular
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:56 am
Fan Since: 1971

Re: AVAILABLE PLAYERS NEEDED

Postby Acescott » Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:02 pm

At the rate this is going we might not make it to a Thursday game in St. Louis. It was nice having that nice positive feeling again regarding Aces basketball throughout the Summer. Now it's back to reality apparently. Don't know if Illinois and Xavier will be 64 point Dukeish individuality, but perhaps collectively .

acecard
Head Cheerleader
Posts: 1845
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:04 am
Fan Since: 1950

Re: AVAILABLE PLAYERS NEEDED

Postby acecard » Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:13 pm

MdEspenlaub wrote:acecard... I'm 99% sure my information is correct. Trust me, I wish I was wrong about all of this, and I wish the Administration was putting out this information, like they should. Its a shame there have been so many secrets already under they new regime . Sad...

Thanks Md. I believe that your information is correct, and will be waiting for anything else you are able to find out.

Okie
Casual Fan
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:56 pm
Fan Since: 1975

Re: AVAILABLE PLAYERS NEEDED

Postby Okie » Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:23 pm

MdEspenlaub wrote:acecard... I'm 99% sure my information is correct. Trust me, I wish I was wrong about all of this, and I wish the Administration was putting out this information, like they should. Its a shame there have been so many secrets already under they new regime . Sad...


It's not ethical or legal to disclose Will Becker's medical condition without his permission. This person is obviously part of the old "regime."

User avatar
Ace78
Ford Center Regular
Posts: 40
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:11 pm
Fan Since: 1971

Re: AVAILABLE PLAYERS NEEDED

Postby Ace78 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:24 pm

I just noticed the bad news about Will Becker ....

I was curious, so looked up a few hints from twitter. It seems like there are several recent "likes" and "following" going on between Will and the Regis University coaching staff. Supposedly, Regis University is located in Denver, Colorado and is a Div. 2 program. That makes me question about Will being hurt. It could be a case of home sickness.

In my opinion, once a kid (or anyone) makes a commitment, they should follow through .... and in this case, at least for the season. Whatever the reason, that puts a HUGE damper on this season with the front line depth. I don't believe this is due to the efforts of the coaching staff ... they have been very positive and have worked tremendously hard with recruiting the returning players and newcomers.

UE11
Road Tripper
Posts: 119
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:49 am
Fan Since: 2002

Re: AVAILABLE PLAYERS NEEDED

Postby UE11 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:44 pm

Ace78 wrote:I just noticed the bad news about Will Becker ....

I was curious, so looked up a few hints from twitter. It seems like there are several recent "likes" and "following" going on between Will and the Regis University coaching staff. Supposedly, Regis University is located in Denver, Colorado and is a Div. 2 program. That makes me question about Will being hurt. It could be a case of home sickness.

In my opinion, once a kid (or anyone) makes a commitment, they should follow through .... and in this case, at least for the season. Whatever the reason, that puts a HUGE damper on this season with the front line depth. I don't believe this is due to the efforts of the coaching staff ... they have been very positive and have worked tremendously hard with recruiting the returning players and newcomers.


Maybe we should take off the tin-foil hats, let everything play out and get all of the information (as non-2018 as that might be) before we get out the pitchforks and crucify someone for being a liar and a quitter. Even so, please show me the serval recent likes from Will to the Regis University coaching staff(or vice versa), because I sure don't see any. There are 100s of reasons for someone to follow someone else on Twitter, and not all of them have to do with an 18 year old's evil plan to take up a scholarship and then bolt last second to put the program in a huge damper.


Return to “The Aces”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests