AVAILABLE PLAYERS NEEDED

Discussions of all the Aces sports
mybigpurplebrain
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 1982

Re: AVAILABLE PLAYERS NEEDED

Postby mybigpurplebrain » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:31 am

Aces101 wrote:Quitting basketball seems extreme for jumpers knee. Rest, icing, anti inflammatory treatment, corticosteroid injections, and physical therapy all aren’t working?

Still on roster . No official announcement. Why would he hang around if he’s leaving for home.

Where did the medical diagnosis come from?

Looks like he is still with team and in school.
I’m not one for speculation and rumors. Sometimes I’m wrong , sometimes I’m right.

PurpleWhiskers
Road Tripper
Fan Since: 1977

Postby PurpleWhiskers » Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:17 am

Well, there have been a few recruiting thrills and a few bumps in the road. But I am more excited about this year than any in the last 15. Thankfully we will soon have games to discuss and get a peek at the future of Aces basketball. Buckle up and keep the faith.

acecard
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1950

Postby acecard » Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:04 pm

PurpleWhiskers wrote:Well, there have been a few recruiting thrills and a few bumps in the road. But I am more excited about this year than any in the last 15. Thankfully we will soon have games to discuss and get a peek at the future of Aces basketball. Buckle up and keep the faith.

I think most of us feel this way. I'm not going to worry about the Illinois, Xavier games, but will be disappointed if we are not competitive against the rest of the Non-Con schedule. There is more I could say, but not going to until I see them play some games.

stl scooter
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1987

Postby stl scooter » Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:17 pm

Joe Downs did his "one on one" with Shamar and he said that it was wrapping up the newcomers. The next one he does is with the returning players. He has not done a "one on one" with Becker.
#ACESACES #GetOnBoard #ImOnBoard

Ace78
Ford Center Regular
Fan Since: 1971

Postby Ace78 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:43 am

Ace78 wrote:I just noticed the bad news about Will Becker ....

I was curious, so looked up a few hints from twitter. It seems like there are several recent "likes" and "following" going on between Will and the Regis University coaching staff. Supposedly, Regis University is located in Denver, Colorado and is a Div. 2 program. That makes me question about Will being hurt. It could be a case of home sickness.

In my opinion, once a kid (or anyone) makes a commitment, they should follow through .... and in this case, at least for the season. Whatever the reason, that puts a HUGE damper on this season with the front line depth. I don't believe this is due to the efforts of the coaching staff ... they have been very positive and have worked tremendously hard with recruiting the returning players and newcomers.

With news of Will retiring from basketball due to knee problems, I feel bad for my previous post questioning that situation. My apologies. I want to wish Will the very best with his future!

muni cup14
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1980

Postby muni cup14 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:03 pm

So it's official

Aces101
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1980

Postby Aces101 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:26 pm

If his knees were that bad, why did he sign here? Why didn’t the coaches know of this? Were there no red flags from high school or AAU ball?

acecard
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1950

Postby acecard » Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:24 pm

Aces101 wrote:If his knees were that bad, why did he sign here? Why didn’t the coaches know of this? Were there no red flags from high school or AAU ball?

All very good questions.

IBLEEDPURPLE
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1969

Postby IBLEEDPURPLE » Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:11 pm

Aces101 wrote:If his knees were that bad, why did he sign here? Why didn’t the coaches know of this? Were there no red flags from high school or AAU ball?

Our coaching staff was put together late in the recruiting game. I am sure they looked at every player they could. Becker was supposed to visit Wisconsin by some reports so obviously people thought he could play. Maybe there is more to it than just the knees, he is a freshman. Time will tell.

What we need to focus on is not so much this season, but the next one and those coming after that. We will not be deep this year, we will not be very good this year, but the changes have been made. We were not very good in Crews first year either. I don't know that many coaches in their first year after taking over programs where a coach was terminated ever do a whole lot of good in their first year other than maybe changing the culture. Walter and staff are doing that but it will not happen over night.

IBLEEDPURPLE
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1969

Postby IBLEEDPURPLE » Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:11 pm

Our coaching staff was put together late in the recruiting game. I am sure they looked at every player they could. Becker was supposed to visit Wisconsin by some reports so obviously people thought he could play. Maybe there is more to it than just the knees, he is a freshman. Time will tell.

What we need to focus on is not so much this season, but the next one and those coming after that. We will not be deep this year, we will not be very good this year, but the changes have been made. We were not very good in Crews first year either. I don't know that many coaches in their first year after taking over programs where a coach was terminated ever do a whole lot of good in their first year other than maybe changing the culture. Walter and staff are doing that but it will not happen over night.

Return to “The Aces”