StL Post-Dispatch: UE should "do the right thing on Mizou transfer Dru Smith"

Discussions of all the Aces sports
Atlanta Ace
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 1971

Re: StL Post-Dispatch: UE should "do the right thing on Mizou transfer Dru Smith"

Postby Atlanta Ace » Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:57 pm

Frederickson needs to move on and take aim at the NCAA if he sees the college basketball landscape changing. UE doesn't make the rules for all College basketball programs. We follow them.
Let's get this McCarty Party started.

211N-69
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 1964

Re: StL Post-Dispatch: UE should "do the right thing on Mizou transfer Dru Smith"

Postby 211N-69 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:01 pm

Acescott wrote:So BF states Evansville within the rules on their reaction but that college basketball is changing, changing fast. Sounds like we are accused of being suckers by trying to go by NCAA requirements instead of play the system. Then again maybe it is all so far gone such that any semblance of rule following is damaging.

I think we can say, at least for the moment, that the U of E position ought to be held up as a symbol of strength ... which may be lionizing it a bit. I do like the idea that the *Mid Majors Take A Stand* based on the Evansville principle.

That might assume that the P5-6 schools are routinely trying to run this sort of shell game. I could also be over-stating the lack of integrity at Mizzou, which is looking bad as the result of a look inside the whole process. To that end, BenFred has tried to make the Aces look petty but has in fact inadvertently exposed something a little more sinister. Perhaps his next expose can focus on phony transfer activity.

This probably isn't fodder for a grand national investigation but we can maybe hope it stems a trend that could get out of hand. What's next ... the P6 school sends the raided mid-major a check to pay for complicity? I think U of E could use the money.

This is all very interesting if we connect dots that aren't there ... which is what BenFred tried to do by quoting somebody who probably doesn't exist.

Ad1770
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 1980

Postby Ad1770 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:09 pm

wildbill wrote:This article is FAKE NEWS......

Plain and simple.
Attachments
A12C307D-99A7-4F15-BEB0-A6B35C60DD43.jpeg
A12C307D-99A7-4F15-BEB0-A6B35C60DD43.jpeg (53.3 KiB) Viewed 207 times
TIME TO GET IT RIGHT

pafan
Crazy Man
Crazy Man
Fan Since: 2003

Postby pafan » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:33 pm

If lorem ipsum is Fake, I don't wanna be right. :lol:
PurpleAcesFans on Facebook & Twitter

211N-69
Bobblehead Owner

Postby 211N-69 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:46 pm

Ad1770 wrote:

Plain and simple.

Let's be fair on one part. It's not fake, but it's poorly delivered. If the research had been done properly (IMO), the outcome would or should have been different. B-Fred would have known, or should have known, that his contention of U of E being 'petty' was based on his claiming his 'no comment' was an official Evansville statement. Obviously that was not true and to condemn the official statement because it came later than his column is, at best, absurd reaction. Official statements are what they are and they aren't beholden to BF's timing on his column. If he didn't have official comment, he should have said that instead of propping up some phony-azz "anonymous" official at U of E.

That makes for poor journalism and the fact that he hasn't conceded to that only worsens it.

I personally would prefer to read fake news. Every other point on this has been covered.

Aces44
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 1992

Postby Aces44 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:47 pm

I can’t believe it’s taken Mizzou Man this long to respond to an issue that I’ve created.
It sounds fishy to me, like he has something to hide.

mybigpurplebrain
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 1982

Postby mybigpurplebrain » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:57 pm

211N-69 wrote:
Ad1770 wrote:

Plain and simple.

Let's be fair on one part. It's not fake, but it's poorly delivered. If the research had been done properly (IMO), the outcome would or should have been different. B-Fred would have known, or should have known, that his contention of U of E being 'petty' was based on his claiming his 'no comment' was an official Evansville statement. Obviously that was not true and to condemn the official statement because it came later than his column is, at best, absurd reaction. Official statements are what they are and they aren't beholden to BF's timing on his column. If he didn't have official comment, he should have said that instead of propping up some phony-azz "anonymous" official at U of E.

That makes for poor journalism and the fact that he hasn't conceded to that only worsens it.

I personally would prefer to read fake news. Every other point on this has been covered.

That makes it literally the definition of fake news .

stennisrm72
Road Tripper

Postby stennisrm72 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:59 pm

Aces44 wrote:I can’t believe it’s taken Mizzou Man this long to respond to an issue that I’ve created.
It sounds fishy to me, like he has something to hide.

Mizzou man was at least honest about his participation here. Joined on October 30 and is already leaving.

#BeingWrongSucks #Losingsucks #Playbytherules
#NCAAisamess

Mizzou Man
Casual Fan
Fan Since: 2014

Postby Mizzou Man » Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:14 pm

Aces44 wrote:Dear Mizzou Man,
Would you like to comment on the highway construction delays in Ozark County?

Oh, you have no comment on a non-story? Got it.

Not sure that I understand how this relates to the matter at hand but I did check the MoDOT travel map and I did not see anything indicating construction delays in Ozark County. So there you have it.

stennisrm72
Road Tripper

Postby stennisrm72 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:35 pm

Mizzou Man wrote:
Aces44 wrote:Dear Mizzou Man,
Would you like to comment on the highway construction delays in Ozark County?

Oh, you have no comment on a non-story? Got it.

Not sure that I understand how this relates to the matter at hand but I did check the MoDOT travel map and I did not see anything indicating construction delays in Ozark County. So there you have it.

You did more research to answer the question than the "journalist" is the point. I could be wrong. Reaching the NCAA website is just as easy.

Return to “The Aces”