Game Thread - New Mexico Highlands @ UE

Discussions of all the Aces sports
PurpleWhiskers
Road Tripper
Fan Since: 1977

Re: Game Thread - New Mexico Highlands @ UE

Postby PurpleWhiskers » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:38 am

Speaking of the New Look Aces, can anyone recall when an Aces team had nine different players shoot a 3 in the same game? I'm drawing a blank. One exhibition game into the McCarty era and we have already set a record.

Ad1770
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 1980

Postby Ad1770 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:49 am

The thing on the stat sheet that jumped out at me. 9-20 from 3. However, on the negative side, 58% from the free throw line will not cut it.
TIME TO GET IT RIGHT

acecard
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1950

Postby acecard » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:48 pm

Aces & Eights wrote:
Tom Servo wrote:I was impressed with Shamaar the most, I think he has a point guards game. He knows how to see the floor when penetrating to the basket which is a huge thing for this offense (finding cutters and open shooters). He's a big key for this year in my opinion.

Newton missed a couple wide open shots but had a nice drive to the basket and I think he got to the line and made 1 of 2. He played some pretty good defense a couple times in the 2nd half. Has kind of a funky looking shot, to me he seems a little more raw than Shamaar, but it hard to say given that's all I've seen out of him. I think he could be a big key guy off the bench if he can get his shot going because his perimeter defense looks to be pretty strong.

Just my observations...I'd like to hear others thoughts as well

I was very impressed with Shamaar's ball handling and speed. Both he and Newton went to the hoop to try and rebound.

Please, they are both freshmen. Shamaar will be a good one. He is built like a point guard, and has that kind of game. With experience he will be a good one. Newton looked like a freshman, but he has the instincts to be a very good player, and he just needs experience to see just how good he can be. I am worried about neither.

Austin Ace
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1970

Postby Austin Ace » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:48 pm

mybigpurplebrain wrote:I noticed the Butler weave at the top of the key.

The Butler weave: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0-IJn3KZPk

Return to “The Aces”