Game Thread - Kentucky Wesleyan at Evansville

Discussions of all the Aces sports
CoachD88
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 1976

Re: Game Thread - Kentucky Wesleyan at Evansville

Postby CoachD88 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:04 pm

lawrencevgibson wrote:While I agree with having good defense I also feel that as long as we're outscoring opponents does it really matter. My attitude towards this could be completely wrong but if we're scoring in the high 70's or low 80's we're going to win most of those games.

You are kinda making my point for me.....It is a great wish and want for this team....but we will not always be able to outscore teams (especially in the conference) and we won't be able to always score 70-80 pts/game. I simply would like to see us a little tighter on the other end so that when we need to make multiple stops...we are able. Nothing more...nothing less. And yes to me it does matter.....because to win the big games, to advance to the next level and succeed when we get there....we will have to be able to. Sorry...may be a new staff and new set of players....but I want to see this group prove a lot of people wrong on many levels!
Just my opinion...I could be wrong!

JohnU
Ford Center Regular
Fan Since: 1966

Re: Game Thread - Kentucky Wesleyan at Evansville

Postby JohnU » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:20 pm

I can't say for sure what the Aces were doing against KWC, maybe just getting their confidence up, and launching 3's and hoofing it back on defense is fun to watch, but hardly productive. Even if they have the big DC in the middle, there's no rebounding on long 3 balls. There just isn't.

I do like the potential for a quicker passing game, getting good looks at the basket, even if some of them are 28 feet out.

I suppose I can be patient.

I fear this team doesn't have enough depth or size. McCarty will doubtless go after those guys in the future.

Return to “The Aces”