Albion @ Aces Game Thread

Discussions of all the Aces sports
rpyke
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 2003

Re: Albion @ Aces Game Thread

Postby rpyke » Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:05 pm

Coming off a tough home win against a solid Wyoming team I just watched a group of guys who flat out underestimated this DIII team and played with no effort. I'll call it a terrible day and move on.

CoachD88
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 1976

Postby CoachD88 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:10 pm

rpyke wrote:Coming off a tough home win against a solid Wyoming team I just watched a group of guys who flat out underestimated this DIII team and played with no effort. I'll call it a terrible day and move on.

I'll take that and agree. Just hope some of the small/detail things we are seeing the boys not do...don't come back to haunt us in big ways later.
Just my opinion...I could be wrong!

acesfan27
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 1991

Postby acesfan27 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:16 pm

By watching the scores online we played terrible today like you guys said no energy the guys weren't playing together sloppy sloppy basketball what is wrong with Feehan is he hurt?

acesfan27
Bobblehead Owner

Postby acesfan27 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:18 pm

a wins a win i guess but this team should feel embarrassed today terrible effort

stennisrm72
Road Tripper
Fan Since: 1964

Postby stennisrm72 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:32 pm

Coach talked about the slow starts on his postgame segment. They're not sure what it is but know it needs to be corrected quickly. My wag is the focus on defense. A good Wyoming didn't score much while we struggled offensively.

Tom Servo
Head Cheerleader

Postby Tom Servo » Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:05 pm

CoachD88 wrote:
rpyke wrote:Coming off a tough home win against a solid Wyoming team I just watched a group of guys who flat out underestimated this DIII team and played with no effort. I'll call it a terrible day and move on.

I'll take that and agree. Just hope some of the small/detail things we are seeing the boys not do...don't come back to haunt us in big ways later.

I agree, need to learn from this. That effort won’t get it done against anyone the rest of the year. Have to be a heck of a lot better.

Our defense is better, but our offensive play today was far and away the worst of the season. Like you said hopefully it’s a game where they looked at the name of the other team and declared a win. That is something that haunts inexperienced teams. Have to learn to bring the effort every night. Use this as a learning point and move on. Need much better effort at Arkansas State.
8-19 .....1986
16-12 ....1987 --- MCC Champ
21-8 .....1988 --- NIT
25-6 .....1989 --- NCAA
Key point, be patient, never judge a coach on Year 1!

scottpt99
Casual Fan
Fan Since: 1987

Postby scottpt99 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:10 pm

That was an ugly game.

Does it bother anyone else that our 3 redshirt players seem completely uninterested in the time out discussions. The one is always pulling his phone out and glancing at it, they are talking and playing around with each other, or watching the video board (I understand when the one was on the Family Feud deal). Maybe I am completely wrong, but I feel like they should be listening as maybe there will be something they can learn for next year or offer input to players as they are sitting.

I enjoy their enthusiasm when their teammates make big plays and all.

Again, just my thoughts on something I have notices as I watched the home games this year.

ncace
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 1969

Postby ncace » Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:24 pm

Rest assured, Walter will not let this very poor effort pass. The only two positives, that appear as takeaways to me, are 1. DC picked up some effective minutes in the paint, and he generally stayed out of foul trouble and 2. We now have exhibit A as to why you take EVERY opponent seriously and play to win CONVINCINGLY. Instead of 65-49, the score should have been 85-49.

Albion wasn't intimidated, they were focused on their game plan, and they had a couple of good shooters, but yes, this effort today should have embarrassed the Aces.

sect.3purple
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1971

Postby sect.3purple » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:01 pm

Just wasted a Saturday watching a pathetic, no-effort game of poor shooting, missed free-throws, silly passes, all obvious signs of lack of focus and lack of interest in competing! The Aces should be ashamed of what they put on exhibit today....what happened to all those statements of "being tough." Hey, the Hebron Hoppers showed more energy and effort than our basketball team! Almost 7 minutes into the game before we scored a basket! A first half of lethargy and carelessness....for goodness sake, someone wake these guys up...and free-throw shooting practice should definitely go on the schedule!

COUTEAU
Head Cheerleader

Postby COUTEAU » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:02 pm

Checked the score, every so often, throughout the day.
Wasn't sure what to make of it.
After reading my fellow PAF members comments, perhaps just as well I didn't make a stronger effort to follow the game more closely.
Still hoping to be in Jonesboro on Tuesday.
However, being stuck in Dallas, seems inevitable.
Humerous sidebar.
Here in Frisco, I'm staying down the street from "The Ford Center".
Pass by it almost daily.
Was gonna call them and ask about ACES tickets.

go aces
:shockue: :shockue: :shockue: :shockue:
I'm on Board!

Return to “The Aces”