Evansville at Arkansas State 11/4 at 7 pm

Discussions of all the Aces sports
Aces101
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1980

Re: Evansville at Arkansas State 11/4 at 7 pm

Postby Aces101 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:30 pm

If we play like this against Murray St, Illinois St, or Bradley we will lose by 40.

Aces101
Head Cheerleader

Postby Aces101 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:44 pm

Bad Loss

COUTEAU
Head Cheerleader

Postby COUTEAU » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:47 pm

I think there's more cheerleaders and band members, at this game than fans in the stands.

Tom Servo
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1991

Postby Tom Servo » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:55 pm

Not good but in year one of a new coach...it certainly isn't unexpected. Road games are going to be very tough for this team - having only 9 guys is really devastating to really both ends of the floor (mainly the lack of big guys).

We need much more out of Frederking in these road games and DC and Kuhlman cannot pick up these cheap fouls and remove themselves from the game. Hall didn't give much of anything...which can't happen if this team wants to win.

But honestly guys, it is what it is...there is a reason they are picked last and there is a reason teams don't usually do well in the first year under a new coach. Keep the faith, support the guys, and enjoy the bright spots. There will be some, but we're going to have to put up with some very ugly moments (like tonight).
Last edited by Tom Servo on Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
8-19 .....1986
16-12 ....1987 --- MCC Champ
21-8 .....1988 --- NIT
25-6 .....1989 --- NCAA
Key point, be patient, never judge a coach on Year 1!

acesfan27
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 1991

Postby acesfan27 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:58 pm

Bad Bad Loss we are really going to struggle on the road we’ve looked like a last place team these last two games cannot keep missing those open bunnies this team is horrible at trying to make the bunnies ends up costing us buckets on the other end we cannot keep on doing that. :( :( :? :?

PurpleWhiskers
Road Tripper
Fan Since: 1977

Postby PurpleWhiskers » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:01 pm

Tom Servo wrote:Not good but in year one of a new coach...it certainly isn't unexpected. Road games are going to be very tough for this team - having only 9 guys is really devastating to really both ends of the floor.

We need much more out of Frederking in these road games and DC and Kuhlman cannot pick up these cheap fouls and remove themselves from the game. Hall didn't give much of anything...which can't happen if this team wants to win.

But honestly guys, it is what it is...there is a reason they are picked last and there is a reason teams don't usually do well in the first year under a new coach. Keep the faith, support the guys, and enjoy the bright spots. There will be some, but we're going to have to put up with some very ugly moments (like tonight).

Agreed. For the first time in years I really can see a light at the end of the tunnel. I can be patient and I look forward to the rest of this season. We will have good days this year and greater ones next year.

Ace78
Ford Center Regular
Fan Since: 1971

Postby Ace78 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:04 pm

We looked really bad tonight. Just traded baskets the 2nd half. I'm not so sure we are competing like we are capable of. Maybe I'm wrong and our talent level is not what I thought it would be. Two bad games in a row.

Aces101
Head Cheerleader

Postby Aces101 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:06 pm

I know there will be games we play lights out and there will be games that we play like this.

My concerns are with John Hall and Shamar Givance. John Hall has played very poorly these past two games. He must be more productive that what he’s shown. My concern with Givance is playing time. Why not start him and ride him this season to develop him on the fly. He’s out future at PG, so why not develop him?

My next game starting lineup:
Givance - PG
Hill - SG
Riley - SF
Hall - PF
Chatkevicius - C

2nd unit:
Feehan - PG
Frederking - SG
Newton - SF
Kuhlman - PF/C

IBLEEDPURPLE
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1969

Postby IBLEEDPURPLE » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:06 pm

PurpleWhiskers wrote:
Tom Servo wrote:Not good but in year one of a new coach...it certainly isn't unexpected. Road games are going to be very tough for this team - having only 9 guys is really devastating to really both ends of the floor.

Agreed. For the first time in years I really can see a light at the end of the tunnel. I can be patient and I look forward to the rest of this season. We will have good days this year and greater ones next year.

I am patient and looking ahead to conference play and the years to come under the new staff which I think is going to do a great job.

Ace78
Ford Center Regular
Fan Since: 1971

Postby Ace78 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:11 pm

Aces101 wrote:If we play like this against Murray St, Illinois St, or Bradley we will lose by 40.

Agreed. Also, if this continues, we may get blown out in a Thursday MVC tourney game. Hope they prove me wrong by that time.

Return to “The Aces”