Bus Trip - Southern Illinois Feb 9

Discussions of all the Aces sports
E-Villan
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1967

Bus Trip - Southern Illinois Feb 9

Postby E-Villan » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:04 pm

Our second Aces High Club bus trip of the season will be Saturday, February 9th when we take on the Salukis in Carbondale. The price for the trip is only $40, which includes ticket and bus. First 50 that sign up. You can email us at: aceshighclub@outlook.com or go to the facebook page. Will make a great Christmas present.

Would be nice to see some of you die-hards join Servo and me on this one.

Ad1770
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1980

Re: Bus Trip - Southern Illinois Feb 9

Postby Ad1770 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:51 pm

When will money be due, and if demand is there, will a second bus be added to the trip?
TIME TO GET IT RIGHT

E-Villan
Head Cheerleader

Postby E-Villan » Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:54 pm

Ad1770 wrote:When will money be due, and if demand is there, will a second bus be added to the trip?

It would be nice to get the money by the middle of January so we can clear everything up ahead of time. If you need extra time, just PM me and we will work it out.

As for the second bus, I doubt it. The bus company is slammed this time of year with school teams, etc. We got the last one they had for this one.

We had a couple of people who signed up, then never responded when it was time to gather the money on the last one. If you sign up, and stop communicating, I am not holding spots until money is received.

E-Villan
Head Cheerleader

Postby E-Villan » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:09 am

We have had a lull in the signups since this was announced. We need to commit to the bus next week. This is about half the price of the Xavier one, and should be a good conference game.

If interested, PM myself or Tom Servo, or email at: aceshighclub@outlook.com

muni cup14
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1980

Postby muni cup14 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:37 am

Went to Xavier,but will be out of town for this one

Tom Servo
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1991

Postby Tom Servo » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:06 am

Hey Guys,

We are currently sitting around 30 people for the bus trip...still need about 20 more to get the bus filled. The cost of the ticket and the bus is only $40, which is a pretty good deal. Unfortunately, we are going to have to cancel the trip if we don't get more signups because the $40 price won't be able to cover the expenses with only 30 people.

We'd love to see some of you guys make the trip.

You can PM me or E-Villan if you are interested - you can also send an email to aceshighclub@outlook.com if you are interested in going.
8-19 .....1986
16-12 ....1987 --- MCC Champ
21-8 .....1988 --- NIT
25-6 .....1989 --- NCAA
Key point, be patient, never judge a coach on Year 1!

E-Villan
Head Cheerleader

Postby E-Villan » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:06 am

Ok guys, help me out here.

First, please know that I am not griping, or trying to harp on anyone, but I am curiously interested in why we don't get any interest on the bus trips from this group of die-hards. From what I know, there have only been (4) of us that have ever expressed interest or have signed up. This thread is simply Tom and myself talking to each other.

You guys are a great group, many of you far more knowledgeable about the nuances of the game than myself. Many of you live and die with each bounce of the ball, and contribute greatly to any discussion, contest or whatever on here. This board is one of the most active in the league. Yet, we put a rather inexpensive bus trip together to go to a long time conference rival, and it's crickets.

I really would like your honest feedback on this. For me, it seems like a no-brainer. For $40, I can ride to Carbondale and back with a provided game ticket, have a couple of toddies if I want, sit with a group of great Aces fans on the bus and at the game, and not have to worry about deer diving in front of my car in the Wabash River Bottoms. Plus, it may be our last chance to see Barry get booed by his home crowd..lol. Is there something we don't see with this?

This is an informal group of fans from this board. We have no cash reserves, and will have to pay the bus the same rate whether we have 30 or 50 people going. I really thought this one would fill up quick.

ncace
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 1969

Postby ncace » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:54 pm

I can't make it from NC for SIU, but if I was in Evansville, I would go, no question. This is GREAT, and you guys are to be commended for organizing.

Since I don't know what's been done to promote, how about:
An article by Pat Hickey in the Courier; "Aces Fans Headed to Carbondale" Do that right now and take all the social media follow on, you can get. Also include in UE Basketball website.
Next, Put together a simple flyer for Doc's, to be distributed soon, maybe for this week's Drake and UNI games. Surely there are folks there who would be interested.
We have Bradley and Valpo coming up at home. Have scoreboard video displays in the first and second half. Maybe set up a table before the Bradley game. (This would only be necessary if the Courier article and the other ideas don't garner the additional seats you need to fill.)
The blueprint for this could be used for an expanded Arch Madness trip, if there is interest and bus availability.

E-Villan
Head Cheerleader

Postby E-Villan » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:47 pm

Thanks for your response and your suggestions, it is greatly appreciated.

I have asked Pat to plug this, not sure if he has been able to or not. Probably should remind him.

I agree on the flyers and we will try to have some tomorrow night at Doc's.

We have had plugs on the videoboard, and hopefully that will continue.

UE is going to put this on the app the students are using to get points and such. Hopefully that will drive some interest with them.

I sent a message to Purple Reign Club, and they are promoting it with the students.

ncace
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 1969

Postby ncace » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:12 pm

Thanks for considering my thoughts. Worth what you paid for'em. I've only seen 3 games at Ford, so I was offering advice without knowing what you've done to date. However, I hope everyone on the post will talk with a friend, or friends, to try to garner some additional "midnight riders" to SIU. This is always a tough game, and a rivalry that, whether D1, D2, or D6, has always brought out the best efforts in these two natural opponents.

Playing ISUb and SIU, back-to-back, will be a real test for our guys. All the more reason why we need a busload of boisterous ACES FANS to make the trip to Carbondale. There are no cupcakes left on the sked, but this is one we can definitely win.

Hope you have the trip fully subscribed by Sunday.

Return to “The Aces”