BU Braves

Discussions of all the Aces sports
Upper Aces
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 1999

BU Braves

Postby Upper Aces » Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:17 am

I was not real impressed when Bradley came to town last month with their lack of shooting and lots of 1-on-1 dribble penetration. This is a crucial game for UE to get off a 3 game losing skid and Bradley is certainly a team to do it against. Lemon Jr. didn't play well against us at the Ford Center, personally the guys is a bit of a headcase, but I expect him to play better this time around at home. They pose no real 3 point threat as we saw January 26th, but it's on there home court. I'm not going to call a win/lose or score because I really think it's going to be a tight game down to the last possession. UE needs to hit some 3's and free throws. This is a critical game to get some confidence before a rigorous 3 game stretch of Illinois St, Indiana St, and Wichita St.
Fail to prepare, prepare to fail.
Roy Keane

Big Ace
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 1971

Re: BU Braves

Postby Big Ace » Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:04 pm

This was a post from another tread from "Purp"

" At this point, developing our guys for the tournament and next year takes priority over the remaining games on our schedule. Don't get me wrong...I'd love to win every one of them. However, I think we need to get guys like Ptacek, Benzon, and Howard seasoned as much as we can. 

I remember thinking Clint Cuffle would never be strong enough to play D1. Then he was forced into action as a freshman and became a very good player for us the rest of his career. 

My two cents "

I agree with lets start working the bench. We need to change 1 or 2 in the starting line up. Just to see if something else would bond the team on the floor at the start of the game. Also leave the bench players in after they make a mistake. Let them keep playing find their groove build confidence. Maybe forget the motion offense completely for a game or two. And guard the three..... spread out a little bit on defense. PLEASE !!!!!!

acecard
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1950

Postby acecard » Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:21 am

Braves are 4-1 at home in the Valley. Much better at home, than on the road. I don't expect the Aces will win this game. Aces have only won one road game in the Valley, and that was at So. Ill., before the Salukis started putting it together. I will concede that the Aces are playing better on the road than they are at home, which isn't saying much.

Pocket Aces
Road Tripper
Fan Since: 1988

Postby Pocket Aces » Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:31 pm

Braves favored by 5.

IBLEEDPURPLE
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1969

Postby IBLEEDPURPLE » Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:55 pm

I think this line is pretty accurate as BB is tough at home. If we have a great effort and contain Lemon, keep Giddy on the floor and off the bench we can take them. We have seemed to play better on the road of late but with this team anything can happen. I just hope we play hard for 40 minutes.

6th man
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1964

Postby 6th man » Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:40 pm

GO ACES
I'm on Board
UE Integrity
GO ACES

COUTEAU
Head Cheerleader

Postby COUTEAU » Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:26 am

go aces
sweep the braves

Big Ace
Bobblehead Owner

Postby Big Ace » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:45 am

Seeing how we're .273 in conference, what would it hurt for the coaches to try a different approach. Go Aces.

Purp
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 1974

Postby Purp » Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:09 pm

Doesn't appear to be any video for this one.

sect.3purple
Head Cheerleader

Postby sect.3purple » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:03 pm

To those of you who know more about the game than I....are our guards that were so highly touted before the season began...and who played well during the first games...just not that skilled, actually? Boo seems to turn the ball over more than he distributes it...often getting it poked away from behind as he comes down the floor, or he will travel due to indecisiveness driving into the paint...are these "youth" mistakes, or is this what we have to look forward to for four years?

Also, Wing hasn't shot for most of the season. The word must be out that he is to shoot....0 for 5 now? Mental! Most of the problems this team has are mental....I believe the skills we have are being covered over by the snowball of losing, and feeling like a losing team.....

Come on, Aces....you DO have the skills to win this game. Let's fight like we believe we can win this game...it is all mental....let's turn it around today!!

Return to “The Aces”