Chris Mack

Discussions of all the Aces sports
muni cup14
Head Cheerleader
Posts: 1599
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:00 am
Fan Since: 1980

Chris Mack

Postby muni cup14 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:15 am

Apparently Chris Mack was in town on a recruiting trip recently.He visited Sasha Hupman looks like at his house.First time he has seen Sasha in 28 years.I don't know how to download the picture but Sasha looked very happy to see Chris.

Ad1770
Head Cheerleader
Posts: 513
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:25 pm
Fan Since: 1980

Re: Chris Mack

Postby Ad1770 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:00 am

No offense, but for me, Chris Mack will always be a traitor. Heck of a ball player, but to be a turn coat and transfer to our biggest rival at the time. Still stings to this day, and I for one can not forgive it.

Now, Hupmann was an Ace, and knowing that brings a smile to my face.
TIME TO GET IT RIGHT

User avatar
E-Villan
Head Cheerleader
Posts: 969
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:33 am
Fan Since: 1967
Location: Under the Ohio River

Re: Chris Mack

Postby E-Villan » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:12 am

I understand, and felt somewhat the same way, but he did go back to his hometown. I heard there was some family issues which he wanted to be closer to home for. No idea what and if really that was really the case.

I saw on boards that he was speaking very highly of our program, and encouraging Steele to apply here prior to Mack getting the Louisville gig.

He could make final amends by giving us a home and home though...

muni cup14
Head Cheerleader
Posts: 1599
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:00 am
Fan Since: 1980

Re: Chris Mack

Postby muni cup14 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:26 am

Ad1770 wrote:No offense, but for me, Chris Mack will always be a traitor. Heck of a ball player, but to be a turn coat and transfer to our biggest rival at the time. Still stings to this day, and I for one can not forgive it.

Now, Hupmann was an Ace, and knowing that brings a smile to my face.

That's how I feel about Taylor and Smith

AcesChamps6571
Road Tripper
Posts: 232
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:08 pm
Fan Since: 1965
Location: Evansville

Re: Chris Mack

Postby AcesChamps6571 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:03 pm

I was a fan of Jim Crews, and didn't like how his time here ended. But a Dayton player ( I think his name is Wes Coffee) had a ball thrown into his face in a game against UE. Chris Mack is the player who hit him with the ball on orders from Jim Crews. Not the coach's finest hour, and Mack says he couldn't play for Crews because of that, and transferred after the season.
Years later, in 2012, when Xaxier was getting ready to play St. Louis and Crews had just joined Rick Majerus' staff at SLU, Mack was asked a question about Crews, and his only reply was "In my two years at Evansville, I learned more about Xs and Os than at any time in my career."
It's nice that he still has good feelings for his former teammates here, even if not the man who coached them.
I doubt he'll want to give UE a home and home. He reluctantly gave Marty a game at X five years ago.

Aces & Eights
Head Cheerleader
Posts: 1086
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:09 am
Fan Since: 1971

Re: Chris Mack

Postby Aces & Eights » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:37 pm

AcesChamps6571 wrote:But a Dayton player ( I think his name is Wes Coffee) had a ball thrown into his face in a game against UE. Chris Mack is the player who hit him with the ball on orders from Jim Crews. Not the coach's finest hour, and Mack says he couldn't play for Crews because of that, and transferred after the season.

In the 4 seconds that Mack had to get the ball inbound, how did Crews convey this order?

svmar10
Bobblehead Owner
Posts: 250
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:34 am
Fan Since: 1965

Re: Chris Mack

Postby svmar10 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:58 pm

I was there and remember it well. The player (Coffee?) continually was infringing across the out of bounds line, long arms. Crews complained without luck. BAM, in the face, Mack didn't think seem to mind. it happened twice. The second was a technical foul but it did loosen up the line cheating. I think they've changed the rule since then. (geez, I'm defending Crews!) That's when his style worked and he was effective. Game changed, he didn't, and so it goes.

AcesChamps6571
Road Tripper
Posts: 232
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:08 pm
Fan Since: 1965
Location: Evansville

Re: Chris Mack

Postby AcesChamps6571 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:54 pm

"Aces & Eights"
In the 4 seconds that Mack had to get the ball inbound, how did Crews convey this order?

I wasn't in the huddle or on the bench, so I can't say when he conveyed the order. Most likely, because the Aces didn't like how closely they were being guarded when they inbounded the ball, Mack was probably told before the ref gave him the ball, possibly during a time out.
When Bob Knight was at IU, he had Todd Jadlow and Michael Lewis do the same thing, about 10 or 11 years apart, in games against Iowa, and I doubt he waited until they had the ball in their hands before telling them to throw it their face.

PurpleAces
Road Tripper
Posts: 235
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:42 am
Fan Since: 1980

Re: Chris Mack

Postby PurpleAces » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:36 pm

There was actually an article about this when we played at X years ago.

Vampire Five
Ford Center Regular
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:54 am
Fan Since: 1962

Re: Chris Mack

Postby Vampire Five » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:33 pm

muni cup14 wrote:
Ad1770 wrote:No offense, but for me, Chris Mack will always be a traitor. Heck of a ball player, but to be a turn coat and transfer to our biggest rival at the time. Still stings to this day, and I for one can not forgive it.

Now, Hupmann was an Ace, and knowing that brings a smile to my face.

That's how I feel about Taylor and Smith


+100


Return to “The Aces”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: SemRush [Bot] and 1 guest