Game Thread: Loyola at Evansville

Discussions of all the Aces sports
ncace
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 1969

Re: Game Thread: Loyola at Evansville

Postby ncace » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:45 pm

Goes to show that home court can be a big advantage. Bro-in-Law said that We had about 5000 at Ford, including a nice, noisy student section. Good for the Aces and good for UE! Bring on ISUb.....one game at a time.

IBLEEDPURPLE
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1969

Postby IBLEEDPURPLE » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:34 pm

ncace wrote:Goes to show that home court can be a big advantage. Bro-in-Law said that We had about 5000 at Ford, including a nice, noisy student section. Good for the Aces and good for UE! Bring on ISUb.....one game at a time.

Yes, just over 5,000. Would have been more had it not been on television via CBS.
This was the most enthusiastic the crowd has been for a game in a long, long time. Can't say enough about the effort put forth by the team and coaches in getting this W. Loyola is a good team, the team to beat in the conference. Perhaps they looked past us just like Ball State did in The Ford. I think it is now safe to say no one should look past us at The Ford where we are clearly a different team than the one on the road.

We have to find a way to bring this kind of energy and effort on the road and we will not be a Thursday team. Other teams are thinking little ole Evansville, pre season last place pick should be two W's (home and away) and they are not realizing how well coached this team is and that we do have a number of good players who are playing together and having fun and we are playing a different style.

It's a great time to be an Aces fan. Excitement is back and fans should really start coming out. This year is really exciting and the future is bright !

Go Aces !

svmar10
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 1965

Postby svmar10 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:44 pm

MVP............. The UE swim team! Come on Tennis & Golf, join the Party!

6th man
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1964

Postby 6th man » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:00 pm

pafan wrote:Note later start time: 7pm tip
(Due to national television)

TV: CBS Sports Network
Radio: Purple Aces Sports Network, flagship 107.1 WJPS

I think Loyola is the overwhelming favorite to win the MVC right now. Although they have had a couple of significant injuries, the Ramblers are 2-0. They dismantled Indiana State at home, and won fairly convincingly over Drake at the Knapp.

My storyline: What Cameron Krutweg will be able to do against the Aces in the middle. He's a key part of Loyola's offense, making layups at an outstanding rate (67%), and kicking the ball out like very few MVC centers can.

Through two games, Krutweg is the leading assist-maker in the MVC, and #4 in FG% (minimum 10 attempts). Loyola players hold four of the top 5 field goal percentages in the league in the early going.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :D :D :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Love It LOL
I'm on Board
UE Integrity
GO ACES

6th man
Head Cheerleader

Postby 6th man » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:06 pm

Tom Servo wrote:I agree

To me there are three keys:
1. Limit open three point shots
2. Don't turn the ball over
3. Play at a faster pace

Do those three things, we can win this game.

Good Call !
I'm on Board
UE Integrity
GO ACES

6th man
Head Cheerleader

Postby 6th man » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:14 pm

svmar10 wrote:MVP............. The UE swim team! Come on Tennis & Golf, join the Party!

Please Join us

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D :D :D :) :) :) :) :) :P :P :P :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :) :)
I'm on Board
UE Integrity
GO ACES

6th man
Head Cheerleader

Postby 6th man » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:26 pm

Great crowd and great time

GO ACES
I'm on Board
UE Integrity
GO ACES

sect.3purple
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1971

Postby sect.3purple » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:33 pm

Defense was so tough, and our shooters are back! Our section at the Ford had a "DC" chant going after that 3! With a real crazy student section and a loud, proud, crowd to support our team's effort it was a night for Purple Aces basketball in the city of Evansville...proud of our team's efforts, our coaches motivation, the students constant backing, and all the fans who got up off their feet and cheered our ACES on.

sect.3purple
Head Cheerleader

Postby sect.3purple » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:36 pm

Question...is there any way to see this game via CBSSports on a game replay online?

Ace78
Road Tripper

Postby Ace78 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:31 am

WOW!! That was totally unexpected! I guess one thing I learned tonight was to never under estimate what this team can do! It was a total team victory! The defense that UE has put together is phenomenal this year. Once again, DC played an outstanding game! He continues to improve. DC had great post positioning, had several altered and blocked shots, used help defense, made good passes, and hit big shots .. including his 3 point swish from the corner! Coach McCarty is doing an outstanding job in motivating this team, encouraging players and building their confidence, and by challenging the team to set this game as their standard for future games. We're also super fortunate to have such a talented coaching staff that gets the team ready through scouting reports and helping to develop great game plans! Let's do this again on Saturday against ISU, then take this show on the road!!

Return to “The Aces”