Game Thread: Loyola at Evansville

Discussions of all the Aces sports
GoAcesgo
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1989

Re: Game Thread: Loyola at Evansville

Postby GoAcesgo » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:21 am

I had to work last night so was only able to check score about every 30 minutes, I kept waiting for the Loyola comeback, but I forgot we have a different conductor this year and I am on board.
Go Aces!!

muni cup14
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1980

Postby muni cup14 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:54 am

There were several things that I admired about this game.But the one
thing that stood out was I believe it was Hall who hit a baseline shot.
And as he ran down the court Walt put his hand out for a that a boy high 5.
That's how you get kids to bust there ASS off for you.
Could you imagine what Marty would have done if DC would have taken
that 3 pointer

Purp
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 1974

Postby Purp » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:15 am

Great to see us keep the pedal down with a lead. In the past, it would have been milk the clock time with 10 to go, and a whole lot of nail-biting down the stretch.

purpleredbird
Ford Center Regular
Fan Since: 1984

Postby purpleredbird » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:24 am

Was at the ISU game last night, but can't wait to watch the game when I get home from work this evening. I had a number of people who I sit by at Redbird ask me what the heck was going on. They just couldn't believe how the Aces team they saw on Saturday could do that to Loyola. That had been their only exposure to UE to this point. I kept telling them that the game on Saturday was not the same Aces team I had been watching all year and not to sleep on the Aces, especially at the Ford Center. Mentioned the close losses to good teams like Murray and Miami on the road.

Made me very proud to be an Aces fan. From just looking at the stats and watching the Aces Insider video this morning, I love the balanced scoring.

purpleredbird
Ford Center Regular
Fan Since: 1984

Postby purpleredbird » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:31 am

muni cup14 wrote:Could you imagine what Marty would have done if DC would have taken
that 3 pointer

Never would have happened. Marty would have had some reason to not have him in the game or he would have been too busy setting screen after screen to get the ONE designated scorer open. :D :D :D :D

When the opponent has a bruiser inside, I like our chances with DC to shut him down.

COUTEAU
Head Cheerleader

Postby COUTEAU » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:52 am

Woke up early....and I'm on "vacation".....checked the score, from last night.
Nope, wasn't dreaming.
Great to be an ACES fan!

acesfan65
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 1975

Postby acesfan65 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:20 am

Watch the replay, Walter told D.C. to get in the corner, and then they threw it to him.
Happy to see Noah have a good game, deep threes can really stretch a defense.
Hustle and effort plays all game long.

Only mvc game last night to have over 5000.

@valpo 2535
@drake 2638
@indst. 3420
@illst 4107

svmar10
Road Tripper
Fan Since: 1965

Postby svmar10 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:33 am

First time in Ford Center history a 5 pops out for a three! And a TV somewhere around Greenville SC was clicked off.

Ad1770
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 1980

Postby Ad1770 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:41 am

acecard wrote:Well, it looks like we can beat anybody here, but nobody on the road. Need to get a few road wins, and we will not be a Thursday team.

I have seen this a couple of times now (although I may be crazy and it really is only once), but in all honesty, if UE does nothing more than hold serve at home, they should avoid the PIG. In my preseason picks, I had Drake, Valpo, MSU, and ISUb in the Thursday games. Outside of Valpo (who hasn’t “fallen apart” yet, and will now probably avoid the PIG. Looking at you Bradley), the other three on this list all have one thing in common. They have all currently dropped a game at home. Defending the Ford should be the battle cry of this team. If they win one or two on the road, that’s just icing on the cake. But I do believe that 9-9 will safely keep them out of the PIG.

And before anyone says anything about it, yes, MSU beat INSb at TH last night, but does anyone really believe that the game against Valpo is the only one MSU will lose at home?
TIME TO GET IT RIGHT

Aces & Eights
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1971

Postby Aces & Eights » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:05 am

Shea Feehan won the toughness belt for his play last night. Great hustle on his part for diving to the floor on several loose balls. The award easily could have gone to several other players or even to the team for the smothering defense they played.

Return to “The Aces”