Season Ticket Renewals

Discussions of all the Aces sports
muni cup14
Head Cheerleader
Posts: 1773
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:00 am
Fan Since: 1980

Re: Season Ticket Renewals

Postby muni cup14 » Fri May 10, 2019 8:30 pm

What's everyone's opinion on UE doing a ticket tier system.Season ticket holders pay a set
price for season tickets.Other tickets are sold on who they play.Weekday games cost less
than weekend games,unless a PREMIUM team plays during the week.St.Loius does this
on their baseball tickets.And the diffeyin prices could be around the 2 to 5 dollar range.

PurpleWhiskers
Bobblehead Owner
Posts: 496
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:35 pm
Fan Since: 1977

Re: Season Ticket Renewals

Postby PurpleWhiskers » Fri May 10, 2019 8:50 pm

muni cup14 wrote:What's everyone's opinion on UE doing a ticket tier system.Season ticket holders pay a set
price for season tickets.Other tickets are sold on who they play.Weekday games cost less
than weekend games,unless a PREMIUM team plays during the week.St.Loius does this
on their baseball tickets.And the diffeyin prices could be around the 2 to 5 dollar range.


Winning will fill seats on weekdays. I don't think the majority of Americans are smart enough to be throwing math at them. If it was the Montreal, Tokyo or Jerusalem Aces it just might work. Besides, if someone could only afford one game a week, reduced prices on weekdays would cannibalize attendance on weekends. So back to my first sentence, winning will fill seats on weekdays. You asked and that is my opinion.

PurpleWhiskers
Bobblehead Owner
Posts: 496
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:35 pm
Fan Since: 1977

Re: Season Ticket Renewals

Postby PurpleWhiskers » Fri May 10, 2019 9:00 pm

Ad1770 wrote:I personally am ok paying a higher ticket price so long as the quality on the court matches (both team play and opponents) what I pay for. I won’t pay to see Grambling. I will pay to see some decent midmajors.


As a die hard fan, I will pay to see any and all opponents including Grambling but since we've only played them once in the history of Aces basketball I may be in for a long wait.

Ad1770
Head Cheerleader
Posts: 623
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:25 pm
Fan Since: 1980

Re: Season Ticket Renewals

Postby Ad1770 » Fri May 10, 2019 9:42 pm

PurpleWhiskers wrote:
Ad1770 wrote:I personally am ok paying a higher ticket price so long as the quality on the court matches (both team play and opponents) what I pay for. I won’t pay to see Grambling. I will pay to see some decent midmajors.


As a die hard fan, I will pay to see any and all opponents including Grambling but since we've only played them once in the history of Aces basketball I may be in for a long wait.


Still twisting words I see. If you enjoy paying $40 a game to see SWAC teams roll into the Ford Center, be my guest, but I will guarantee you that more people will agree with what I have said.
TIME TO GET IT RIGHT

PurpleWhiskers
Bobblehead Owner
Posts: 496
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:35 pm
Fan Since: 1977

Re: Season Ticket Renewals

Postby PurpleWhiskers » Fri May 10, 2019 11:11 pm

Ad1770 wrote:
PurpleWhiskers wrote:
Ad1770 wrote:I personally am ok paying a higher ticket price so long as the quality on the court matches (both team play and opponents) what I pay for. I won’t pay to see Grambling. I will pay to see some decent midmajors.


As a die hard fan, I will pay to see any and all opponents including Grambling but since we've only played them once in the history of Aces basketball I may be in for a long wait.


Still twisting words I see. If you enjoy paying $40 a game to see SWAC teams roll into the Ford Center, be my guest, but I will guarantee you that more people will agree with what I have said.


For the life of me, I don't know what word I twisted. Perhaps you can clarify. But you sure twisted a whopper. I didn't say anything about enjoying paying $40 to see a SWAC team or any other team. Moreover, I've never spent even half that to see a SWAC team. But relax, the Aces won't be raising ticket prices to $40. Yet. Inflation marches on. It is funny that so many think that UE needs to make the coach's salary competitive to attract the best, expand the recruiting globally, schedule games outside of the mid-major Midwest AND lower ticket prices.

One more thing. The SWAC team we played last year, Texas Southern, finished 24-14 and lost by 1 point in the CIT semifinals. They beat Baylor, Texas A&M and Oregon State on the road. So they beat a PAC-12, SEC and Big 12 team. I'd be fine with keeping them on the schedule.

letsgoAces
Head Cheerleader
Posts: 2066
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:34 am
Fan Since: 1969
Location: St. Louis

Re: Season Ticket Renewals

Postby letsgoAces » Sat May 11, 2019 8:57 am

PurpleWhiskers wrote:
Ad1770 wrote:
PurpleWhiskers wrote:
As a die hard fan, I will pay to see any and all opponents including Grambling but since we've only played them once in the history of Aces basketball I may be in for a long wait.


Still twisting words I see. If you enjoy paying $40 a game to see SWAC teams roll into the Ford Center, be my guest, but I will guarantee you that more people will agree with what I have said.


For the life of me, I don't know what word I twisted. Perhaps you can clarify. But you sure twisted a whopper. I didn't say anything about enjoying paying $40 to see a SWAC team or any other team. Moreover, I've never spent even half that to see a SWAC team. But relax, the Aces won't be raising ticket prices to $40. Yet. Inflation marches on. It is funny that so many think that UE needs to make the coach's salary competitive to attract the best, expand the recruiting globally, schedule games outside of the mid-major Midwest AND lower ticket prices.

One more thing. The SWAC team we played last year, Texas Southern, finished 24-14 and lost by 1 point in the CIT semifinals. They beat Baylor, Texas A&M and Oregon State on the road. So they beat a PAC-12, SEC and Big 12 team. I'd be fine with keeping them on the schedule.


I totally agree and understand with what you are saying Purplewhiskers. I would further add that many who have a snobbish attitude toward the "Texas Southern's" of the world should understand that many University of Kentucky followers have the same attitude about Evansville being on their schedule.

acecard
Head Cheerleader
Posts: 2508
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:04 am
Fan Since: 1950

Re: Season Ticket Renewals

Postby acecard » Sat May 11, 2019 11:14 am

letsgoAces wrote:
PurpleWhiskers wrote:
Ad1770 wrote:
Still twisting words I see. If you enjoy paying $40 a game to see SWAC teams roll into the Ford Center, be my guest, but I will guarantee you that more people will agree with what I have said.


For the life of me, I don't know what word I twisted. Perhaps you can clarify. But you sure twisted a whopper. I didn't say anything about enjoying paying $40 to see a SWAC team or any other team. Moreover, I've never spent even half that to see a SWAC team. But relax, the Aces won't be raising ticket prices to $40. Yet. Inflation marches on. It is funny that so many think that UE needs to make the coach's salary competitive to attract the best, expand the recruiting globally, schedule games outside of the mid-major Midwest AND lower ticket prices.

One more thing. The SWAC team we played last year, Texas Southern, finished 24-14 and lost by 1 point in the CIT semifinals. They beat Baylor, Texas A&M and Oregon State on the road. So they beat a PAC-12, SEC and Big 12 team. I'd be fine with keeping them on the schedule.


I totally agree and understand with what you are saying Purplewhiskers. I would further add that many who have a snobbish attitude toward the "Texas Southern's" of the world should understand that many University of Kentucky followers have the same attitude about Evansville being on their schedule.

I fervently hope we can stay within 10 points of Ky., but I know that is asking a lot. I am sick and tired of those 50 point losses to top 25 teams.

ncace
Head Cheerleader
Posts: 597
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:55 am
Fan Since: 1969

Re: Season Ticket Renewals

Postby ncace » Sat May 11, 2019 12:28 pm

Can someone fill in the rest of the non-conf sked?

User avatar
stl scooter
Head Cheerleader
Posts: 1045
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:58 am
Fan Since: 1987
Location: Vanderburgh County, Earth

Re: Season Ticket Renewals

Postby stl scooter » Sat May 11, 2019 12:56 pm

ncace wrote:Can someone fill in the rest of the non-conf sked?



Pat Hickey (@patmhickey) tweeted at 0:37 PM on Thu, Apr 25, 2019:
What we know of Aces’ 2019-20 nonconference schedule...

Home: Murray St., Miami (Ohio), Ball St.

Away: Green Bay, Jacksonville St.

Neutral: East Carolina, UMKC/George Washington, +1 more in Bahamas

Kentucky’s happening, per multiple sources, but not yet announced.

And now UK is a done deal.
#ForTheAces #GetOnBoard #ImOnBoard

Aces & Eights
Head Cheerleader
Posts: 1149
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:09 am
Fan Since: 1971

Re: Season Ticket Renewals

Postby Aces & Eights » Sat May 11, 2019 1:27 pm

stl scooter wrote:
ncace wrote:Can someone fill in the rest of the non-conf sked?



Pat Hickey (@patmhickey) tweeted at 0:37 PM on Thu, Apr 25, 2019:
What we know of Aces’ 2019-20 nonconference schedule...

Home: Murray St., Miami (Ohio), Ball St.

Away: Green Bay, Jacksonville St.

Neutral: East Carolina, UMKC/George Washington, +1 more in Bahamas

Kentucky’s happening, per multiple sources, but not yet announced.

And now UK is a done deal.

That's 9 OOC games + 18 conference games = 27. 12 of those are home games, so there will be maybe another 3-4 home games not announced yet?


Return to “The Aces”