2019 Non Conference Schedule

Discussions of all the Aces sports
GoAcesgo
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1989

Re: 2019 Non Conference Schedule

Postby GoAcesgo » Sun May 19, 2019 12:48 pm

pafan wrote:They typically occur in late July or early August. No specific knowledge about UE's forthcoming travel dates.

Thank You.

youngacesfan
Road Tripper
Fan Since: 1999

Postby youngacesfan » Sun May 19, 2019 3:07 pm

E-Villan wrote:
acesfan65 wrote:Just Read an article on ESPN about next year’s bracket projections.
Only one mvc team, Drake as a #15 seed, damn
Only one ovc team, Belmont as a #12 seed
Wku also predicted to make the dance.

No mvc love in this opinion. The conf needs a strong UE season and I’m predicting we will have just that, maybe even crack the top 100.

Complete meaningless BS. These are the same clowns who predicted Drake for last place last year, and Missouri State for first two years ago. I doubt you could find anyone at ESPN that could name all ten MVC teams. Anyone with half a brain knows the MVC will be much better this year. Missouri State alone looks loaded. Now if you were to ask them what cologne Coach K likes, you will get some factual insight.

In regards to the Saturday night game with Murray, the Murray fans are chirping pretty hard on twitter how they expect to turn it into a Racer home game. With the team we have coming this season, there is no way our attendance shouldn't be up over last year. That alone should keep most Murray fans out of the lower bowl.

Some of the Murray fans are delusional. I wouldn't expect them to bring more than 2k

IBLEEDPURPLE
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1969

Postby IBLEEDPURPLE » Sun May 19, 2019 4:04 pm

PurpleWhiskers wrote:Before we get too excited about that Saturday night game we've been clamoring for because of its attendance "boosting" possibilities, that Saturday night game in 2014 against IUPUI only drew 3889 fans (300+ below the season home game average) in a year that the Aces had high expectations and finished 24-12. Attendance is driven by who you play more than when you play. The Murray Sate will draw well mostly because their own fans will make the drive north. And as sure as water is wet, some fans who could make an afternoon game will not be able to be there Saturday night because of other commitments (church, Christmas parties, etc.) and some Racer fans won't want to drive home late at night in the dark. There isn't a time that everyone loves.

Can't please everyone and this is why we need a mix of:
Afternoon Weekend Games That Vary a bit in start times
A few Saturday Night Games
Weekday night games that vary in start time and days of the week..6, 6:30 or 7pm

May all be wishful thinking and perhaps not all are in our control but if you have a good mix, most people can find a few games that fit their schedules.
In the past people may have been looking for excuses to not show up and we all know there were plenty. We start winning this year and I would think the list of excuses will be few and far between. Finishing last in the conference last year and we are already up to #2 in attendance. Good things ahead as long as they don't jack up the ticket prices too much.

Go Aces !

ncace
Bobblehead Owner

Postby ncace » Sun May 19, 2019 7:35 pm

If ""they" jack the ticket prices up, "they" are delusional. We've had one decent season with reasonable attendance. Once we fill the lower bowl every night, it will be time for a ticket price increase. Not yet, IMHO. I understand the economics, but you do not increase ticket prices a year after you've lost 20 games.

As far a Murray St., if we don't sell enough season tickets, plus promotions, plus local one-game tickets, then MSU might bring in a bunch of folks. If we have enough tickets for 3000 of them to attend, then so be it. This will be a cornerstone game for 2019-20, and if they are smart, the ath. dept. will package it as part of a multi-game deal that includes ISUb and ISUr, as well as UNI.

Ad1770
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1980

Postby Ad1770 » Mon May 20, 2019 7:10 am

I looked at season ticket prices from last year to this year. Some notes.

1. PSL on all sections remained the same. No increases.

2. Floor seat prices remained the same. Sideline sections went up in price by $1. Corner sections (and by extension end zones) went DOWN by $7 this year.

3. Apparently if someone purchased the $100 promotional seats are being offered back those those people at $175 per seat with no minimum to buy.

So, prices have actually dropped overall, and and the one increase is so small that it won’t effect renewals. I believe that UE will have the highest attendance this year in the league.
TIME TO GET IT RIGHT

Aces & Eights
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1971

Postby Aces & Eights » Mon May 20, 2019 8:48 am

Ad1770 wrote:I looked at season ticket prices from last year to this year. Some notes.

2. Floor seat prices remained the same. Sideline sections went up in price by $1. Corner sections (and by extension end zones) went DOWN by $7 this year.

3. Apparently if someone purchased the $100 promotional seats are being offered back those those people at $175 per seat with no minimum to buy.

So, prices have actually dropped overall, and and the one increase is so small that it won’t effect renewals. I believe that UE will have the highest attendance this year in the league.

Thanks for the great info and doing the research to provide a clear picture of the ticket situation. I agree that anticipation to see the 4 sidelined players from last season will be high. When fans see the new and improved Aces, I too believe attendance will jump up to a higher level.

ncace
Bobblehead Owner

Postby ncace » Mon May 20, 2019 11:54 am

sounds reasonable. Let's fill up the Ford!

PurpleWhiskers
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 1977

Postby PurpleWhiskers » Mon May 20, 2019 12:29 pm

Ad1770 wrote:I looked at season ticket prices from last year to this year. Some notes.

When a commenter here wrote "Friend of a friend said ticket prices are going up," I rolled my eyes because I knew that some would be discussing how awful that was. Someone who will remain unnamed even complained that they wouldn't pay $40 to see Grambling. The lesson is to ignore what friends of friends say and wait for the official release.

Ad1770
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1980

Postby Ad1770 » Mon May 20, 2019 5:23 pm

PurpleWhiskers wrote:

When a commenter here wrote "Friend of a friend said ticket prices are going up," I rolled my eyes because I knew that some would be discussing how awful that was. Someone who will remain unnamed even complained that they wouldn't pay $40 to see Grambling. The lesson is to ignore what friends of friends say and wait for the official release.

Bruh. Two things. One, I said it before and I’ll say it again. Won’t pay $40 to see Grambling come to the Ford. Not happening. Two, it’s called economics, and a savvy marketer can work it in their favor. It’s like this:

Last year, Evansville had 17 games at the FC. Season tickets cost $252 and $324 respectively. This year, the costs are, as I mentioned earlier, $245 and $325 respectively. But that is total cost. Look at the cost per unit, and it paints a clearer picture.

Last year, the C/U was $14.82 ($252) and $19.06 ($324) for each season ticket. This year, (so far) with only 12 home games known, the C/U is $20.42 ($245) and $27.08 ($325). Now, because I know you will scream that they will have more than 12 home games this year, so I actually set it out to 16 games (15 reg. season and 1 exhibition game in the season ticket package), and the breakdown is $15.31 ($245) and $20.31 ($325) per game if they have 16 home games.

Or, to make it easier on you, I’ll explain it like this:

Jack goes to the market and buys five (5) apples for $1.00, and the next day, the same farmer sells him four (4) apples for $0.88 cents. Did Jack get a better deal because his total price was lower? Answer is no.

Same principle here.

Side note: I feel stupid explaining this since I am sure this research would have been done by someone else, but I feel it needed to be put out there for the masses to know.
TIME TO GET IT RIGHT

mybigpurplebrain
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1982

Postby mybigpurplebrain » Mon May 20, 2019 5:35 pm

Ad1770 wrote:
PurpleWhiskers wrote:

Bruh. Two things. One, I said it before and I’ll say it again. Won’t pay $40 to see Grambling come to the Ford. Not happening. Two, it’s called economics, and a savvy marketer can work it in their favor. It’s like this:

Last year, Evansville had 17 games at the FC. Season tickets cost $252 and $324 respectively. This year, the costs are, as I mentioned earlier, $245 and $325 respectively. But that is total cost. Look at the cost per unit, and it paints a clearer picture.

Last year, the C/U was $14.82 ($252) and $19.06 ($324) for each season ticket. This year, (so far) with only 12 home games known, the C/U is $20.42 ($245) and $27.08 ($325). Now, because I know you will scream that they will have more than 12 home games this year, so I actually set it out to 16 games (15 reg. season and 1 exhibition game in the season ticket package), and the breakdown is $15.31 ($245) and $20.31 ($325) per game if they have 16 home games.

Or, to make it easier on you, I’ll explain it like this:

Jack goes to the market and buys five (5) apples for $1.00, and the next day, the same farmer sells him four (4) apples for $0.88 cents. Did Jack get a better deal because his total price was lower? Answer is no.

Same principle here.

Side note: I feel stupid explaining this since I am sure this research would have been done by someone else, but I feel it needed to be put out there for the masses to know.

Wow, If you don’t want to go don’t .
Also don’t be a .......

Return to “The Aces”