2019 Non Conference Schedule

Discussions of all the Aces sports
Austin Ace
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1970

Re: 2019 Non Conference Schedule

Postby Austin Ace » Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:03 pm

Thanks, I don’t think non-D1 games affects a team’s RPI.

Here is the non-conference schedule from the link:

UE men’s basketball 2019-20 schedule
(All dates subject to change)

Oct. 28 … Southern Indiana (exhib.)

Nov. 5 … TBD

Nov. 9 … Ball State

Nov. 12 … at Kentucky

Nov. 18 … IU-Kokomo

Nov. 22-24 … Islands of the Bahamas Showcase #

Nov. 29 … IUPUI ^

Dec. 4 … Western Illinois

Dec. 7 … Miami (Ohio)

Dec. 14 … at Green Bay

Dec. 17 … at Jacksonville State

Dec. 21 … Murray State

Austin Ace
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1970

Postby Austin Ace » Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:15 pm

For what it is worth the RPI ranking system is being replaced by the NET (NCAA Evaluation Tool) ranking system. I think both throw out all non-D1 games.

The NET, explained: NCAA adopts new college basketball ranking to replace RPI

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-men/article/2018-11-26/net-explained-ncaa-adopts-new-college-basketball-ranking%3famp

Ad1770
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1980

Postby Ad1770 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:48 pm

Aces183 wrote:What's the point in scheduling IU- Kokomo? That looks terrible for our RPI.

Only division I schools count on a team’s RPI. Discussion as old as time here. All schools schedule at least one non d-1. (Except possibly the blue bloods.) it is a cheap buy game, and allows a coach to get many players extra minutes.

I will bet you that UE doesn’t even pay out a tenth of what they get from Kentucky with this game against IU-K.
TIME TO GET IT RIGHT

W Ky Ace
Casual Fan
Fan Since: 1967

Postby W Ky Ace » Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:43 pm

When will the times be announced?

ncace
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1969

Postby ncace » Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:25 am

If memory serves, the full non-con schedule was announced around Labor Day last year. Haven't seen anything about game times. I hope this was not done in a vacuum like last year. Also, has anyone heard anything about the unfilled TBD date in early Nov? We already have IU-Kok and USI as non-D1 games. Will the Nov. 5 game be someone decent? I was hoping it might be Belmont, Lipscomb, etc?

ncace
Head Cheerleader

Postby ncace » Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:27 am

It won't be Lipscomb. They are booked, as are a bunch of other teams who have already announced either their non-con. or full schedules. My bet is that we'll get a SWAC team, or hopefully an OVC; maybe someone like TN-Martin, although a lot of the OVC schools are now committed, too. Maybe a school who is on a MW trip that includes IU, Purdue, etc. and needs an extra game to fill out the travel sked.

I realize that it's tough for a mid-major to fill out their entire schedule the way they might like. At this point, it could even be a matter of taking an away game, rather than a home, just to get the final non-conf. I just hope it's a D1 team, not a D2, D3 or NAIA school.

ncace
Head Cheerleader

Postby ncace » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:31 am

So the Caravan stop tonight will reveal the FULL non-conference schedule. Hopefully, the final game for November will be a BIG name, worthy of all the suspense. (OK, the comment is a bit snarky, but I really DO hope we have a good contest to round out the home slate and attract more season tic sales.)

Tom Servo
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1991

Postby Tom Servo » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:38 am

I had figured they might announce it tonight, just saw on Facebook that is what they will do. I agree, hopefully the first game is a decent opponent. Ball State, Murray, Miami, and one of decent opponent is a pretty decent home slate - at least they are teams people are familiar with and might come out to watch us play against.
8-19 .....1986
16-12 ....1987 --- MCC Champ
21-8 .....1988 --- NIT
25-6 .....1989 --- NCAA
Key point, be patient, never judge a coach on Year 1!

acecard
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1950

Postby acecard » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:18 pm

Tom Servo wrote:I had figured they might announce it tonight, just saw on Facebook that is what they will do. I agree, hopefully the first game is a decent opponent. Ball State, Murray, Miami, and one of decent opponent is a pretty decent home slate - at least they are teams people are familiar with and might come out to watch us play against.

This team is going to be better than last years. I would think that there will be a lot of people who would like to see how much better it will be. I would hope that we will see another increase in attendance this year. A reasonably competitive game against Ky. would help. Something other than a 40-50 point loss.

Tom Servo
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1991

Postby Tom Servo » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:36 pm

acecard wrote:
Tom Servo wrote:I had figured they might announce it tonight, just saw on Facebook that is what they will do. I agree, hopefully the first game is a decent opponent. Ball State, Murray, Miami, and one of decent opponent is a pretty decent home slate - at least they are teams people are familiar with and might come out to watch us play against.

This team is going to be better than last years. I would think that there will be a lot of people who would like to see how much better it will be. I would hope that we will see another increase in attendance this year. A reasonably competitive game against Ky. would help. Something other than a 40-50 point loss.

I agree in theory, attendance should go up given two of the best recruits (on paper) since Haffner and Simmons are going to suit up this year. However, I am very disappointed in UE with the lack of promotion and push in season ticket sales this year for basketball. Lot's of missed opportunity. I haven't seen anything about increased ticket sales at all. Last year, every time you turned around you would see it all over Facebook and Twitter and even in the paper. This year it's been the old Radio Silence from the past. Hopefully, they are pushing it in ways I don't know about. I really hope they are because the opportunity is there and having good support at the home games can make a difference in both results and recruiting. Like I have said before, if there is something good UE will usually say it right away so if they've had increased ticket sales we probably would have heard about it. Since we've heard nothing, it is natural to assume the worst because usually that is the case.
8-19 .....1986
16-12 ....1987 --- MCC Champ
21-8 .....1988 --- NIT
25-6 .....1989 --- NCAA
Key point, be patient, never judge a coach on Year 1!

Return to “The Aces”