Tickets

Discussions of all the Aces sports
muni cup14
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1980

Tickets

Postby muni cup14 » Wed May 29, 2019 5:42 pm

I know it's different sports.But IU football is going to Tier system for tickets.I really like this concept..Non conference games are cheaper than conference games.

E-Villan
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1967

Re: Tickets

Postby E-Villan » Wed May 29, 2019 6:24 pm

I can see where that might be advantageous in the Big Ten, but I don't think so here. Why would we sell tickets for a Murray State or Western KY cheaper than a Northern Iowa?

Most people in this area don't give a hoot about half of the MVC. I wouldn't want to do anything that might result in lower crowds for conference games.

With that said, under Marty's scheduling, cheaper or even free non-con games should have been a requirement.

riverboat_gambler
Ford Center Regular

Postby riverboat_gambler » Wed May 29, 2019 6:52 pm

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/c ... 274024001/

These changes come after a minor furor erupted last season over single-game ticket prices, which some fans felt were too high.

Attended one game last year where the walk-in price was $70. People were turning around and heading home.

muni cup14
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1980

Postby muni cup14 » Wed May 29, 2019 7:33 pm

E-Villan wrote:I can see where that might be advantageous in the Big Ten, but I don't think so here. Why would we sell tickets for a Murray State or Western KY cheaper than a Northern Iowa?

Most people in this area don't give a hoot about half of the MVC. I wouldn't want to do anything that might result in lower crowds for conference games.

With that said, under Marty's scheduling, cheaper or even free non-con games should have been a requirement.

Premium price for those 2,with Ball St. I. like the idea,say against ,Ky. Weselyn or some other weekday games.At least 2 to 3 dollars

Return to “The Aces”