Purple Aces Coaches Caravan set for five stops

Discussions of all the Aces sports
Austin Ace
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1970

Purple Aces Coaches Caravan set for five stops

Postby Austin Ace » Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:28 pm

https://gopurpleaces.com/news/2019/6/7/mens-basketball-purple-aces-coaches-caravan-set-for-five-

EVANSVILLE, Ind. – Five stops are on tap for the 2019 Purple Aces Coaches Caravan presented by Bud Light, which will feature visits to different venues across the Evansville area.

The 2019 caravan stops include:
June 19th – Doc's Sports Bar – 6:30 p.m.
1305 Stringtown Road, Evansville
July 17th – Mister B's (Henderson, Ky.) – 6:30 p.m.
2611 UE-41, Henderson
August 28th – The Rooftop Food & Drinks – 6:30 p.m.
112 NW Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd., Evansville
September 19th – Piston's Bar & Grill – 6:30 p.m.
2131 W. Franklin St., Evansville
October 23rd – Mister B's (Evansville) – 6:30 p.m.
Will be located on N. Burkhardt in Evansville and is set to open in the summer of 2019

Hosted by Jevin Redman and Kyle Peach, the caravans will feature various University of Evansville coaches at each stop. Aces men's basketball coach Walter McCarty will take part in each stop while each other coach will make appearances as well.

Each caravan is free to attend. Food and drinks may be purchased at each stop. Prizes will be given out at each one and will include new logo Aces gear, unique UE experiences, Bud Light merchandise and much more.

Fans will also have the opportunity to receive ticket information for all Aces sports programs and mingle with coaches as they prepare for the 2019-20 seasons.

Dates and times are subject to change. As each stop draws closer, follow UE Athletics on social media for the most up-to-date news.

Austin Ace
Head Cheerleader

Re: Purple Aces Coaches Caravan set for five stops

Postby Austin Ace » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:33 pm

Jevin Redman
@Jevin_13
·
2h
1st
@UEAthletics
Coaches Caravan is tomorrow at Doc’s Sports Bar.

@kylejpeach
& I will be hosting at 6:30.

@KristaMcKendree
(WSOC)
@CoachRayUE11
(MSOC)
Matt Ruffing (WBB)
@waltermccarty
(MBB)
@MDSpencerAD
(UE Athletics)

Come chat, ask questions, win prizes!

https://mobile.twitter.com/jevin_13/status/1141102698269421568/photo/1

Austin Ace
Head Cheerleader

Postby Austin Ace » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:42 pm

wildbill
Road Tripper
Fan Since: 1975

Postby wildbill » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:33 pm

Sure seems the caravan has been shrank. I thought going into IL and KY was a good way to promote our program. I wish they'd have repeated last year's schedule.

Austin Ace
Head Cheerleader

Postby Austin Ace » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:41 pm

wildbill wrote:Sure seems the caravan has been shrank. I thought going into IL and KY was a good way to promote our program. I wish they'd have repeated last year's schedule.

I’m guessing the trip to Europe next month (and the preparation for it) may have had something to do with scaling the caravan back a little bit this year.

Aces & Eights
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1971

Postby Aces & Eights » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:36 pm

According to Pat Hickey tweet:
"Scheduling note: Last night at the UE coaches caravan, AD Mark Spencer said the Aces will play at Purdue early in the 2020-21 men's basketball season."

ncace
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1969

Postby ncace » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:58 pm

This is NOT the way to announce a cornerstone game like UE at Purdue in 20-21. It should have been on every TV channel, the Courier, and the UE BASKETBALL web site. It has been said that the local media doesn't show interest in UE PR, but that isn't true, especially in this case. This is not a development to be "whispered". If it's OK for Spencer to mention it on a caravan stop, it is certainly important enough to trumpet to the Tri-State. GET THE WORD OUT! This announcement could have been done in a way to generate excitement. Not a professional job by a program that is trying to get back to D1 relevance.

rpyke
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 2003

Postby rpyke » Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:00 pm

I agree something that big could have been announced better.. But I am so excited to see a staff want to get big games early in the season instead of playing multiple SWAC teams.

E-Villan
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1967

Postby E-Villan » Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:32 am

ncace wrote:This is NOT the way to announce a cornerstone game like UE at Purdue in 20-21. It should have been on every TV channel, the Courier, and the UE BASKETBALL web site. It has been said that the local media doesn't show interest in UE PR, but that isn't true, especially in this case. This is not a development to be "whispered". If it's OK for Spencer to mention it on a caravan stop, it is certainly important enough to trumpet to the Tri-State. GET THE WORD OUT! This announcement could have been done in a way to generate excitement. Not a professional job by a program that is trying to get back to D1 relevance.

I don't necessarily agree, especially at this point. One, the game isn't this season, so I would much rather see emphasis placed on selling tickets to the upcoming games. It will be much more impactful when you can make a PR splash with dates, times, etc, and not being a year and a half away.

Most importantly, I have no problem taking a buy game from a P5, just like we are doing with UK this year, but I wouldn't call those "Cornerstone Games". Getting back to D1 relevance is when we can get bigger programs to set foot on our floor. In recent years, we have had Indiana and North Carolina in the Ford. I will take a roadie at Purdue over a home game against Tupelo Cosmetology School, but I will hold my excitement until we can at least start getting 2 for 1's.

Acescott
Ford Center Regular
Fan Since: 1971

Postby Acescott » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:42 pm

Totally agree with Evillan.

Return to “The Aces”