Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1969

First Wave of Conference Games

Postby IBLEEDPURPLE » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:22 pm

Some upsets imho in tonight's MVC action

Valpo loses on road at Indiana State by 9
SIU goes into UNI and beats them by 3
Bradley loses at Drake by 2

WOW ! Like many of us have said, there are going to be a ton of close games that go down the wire and there is likely no clear favorite.
Missouri State suspended two players on some kind of theft ring as posted on ESPN.

Aces need to get healthy because this thing could go many ways this year.

I watched the Valpo game..first game in the much more powerful MVC vs the Horizon League shows the difference in the level of the two conferences. They looked a bit nervous and Indiana State is no easy place to win pulling away late.

I am sure the Braves fans are disappointed in losing at Drake.

Purple&Orange
Ford Center Regular
Fan Since: 1988

Re: First Wave of Conference Games

Postby Purple&Orange » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:33 pm

I really do believe that the league is as open as just about any league in the country. The difference from top to bottom is there, but it's not going to be easy to go on the road and win games. The league will probably beat itself up a lot, I'd be very surprised to see one team run away from the field.

Arch Madness is going to be interesting and most years if you play Thursday your season ends Friday without much fanfare. I could see a Thursday team make a run this season just because it seems so tightly packed. An injury or a couple bounces might send a team to Thursday and take our group last year who got healthy, finished strong.....a team that has that conference season might be super dangerous this year to knock off the 1 or the 2 on Friday.

Austin Ace
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1970

Postby Austin Ace » Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:38 pm

IBLEEDPURPLE wrote:Missouri State suspended two players on some kind of theft ring as posted on ESPN.

Missouri State suspends Tanveer Bhullar, Darian Scott amid theft investigation

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/21902522/missouri-state-bears-suspend-tanveer-bhullar-darian-scott-amid-theft-investigation

IBLEEDPURPLE
Head Cheerleader

Postby IBLEEDPURPLE » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:27 pm

Round two had some predictable wins but also some upsets.
Miss St over Valpo at Valpo
Ill State barely beats Trees
Bradley buries UNI at Bradley
Drake goes into SIU and leads most of the game and hangs on

So, after two games we share the cellar with UNI (Not bad company) and the rookie to the MVC in Valpo. I see our Aces and UNI both moving out of the cellar..can't say the same for Valpo. They will find this competition a step up from the Horizon days. At the top no surprise with Miss State and Illinois State along with Drake. I don't think most of us find this too surprising except for Drake being an early surprise at 2-0.

IBLEEDPURPLE
Head Cheerleader

Postby IBLEEDPURPLE » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:32 pm

In today's action Ill State handed Missouri State their first loss in a close game in Normal while UNI remains winless in conference playing losing at home to Loyola.

Return to “The Valley”