Valley Games

Discuss the MVC through purple-tinted glasses
IBLEEDPURPLE
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1969

Re: Valley Games

Postby IBLEEDPURPLE » Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:19 pm

Trees playing at home came back from halftime deficit to beat Ill State. This loss for Illinois State leaves only the Shockers without a loss two weeks into the season and helps our Aces move up a bit.

Shockers simply shocked SIU and rolled over them with ease by 25 points before SIU's first sell out in two years or more.

I think the games today confirm that Indiana State is a good team as is Illinois State and that SIUs record is misleading as they were simply over matched vs a superior Shocker team. While SIU has really improved they are not likely to be a top 3 team in the league.

The Shockers are simply warriors on the road. Our Aces beating them at home is for sure doable, but we will have to play a really good game and make our free throws which is something we did not do very well again today.

pafan
Crazy Man
Crazy Man
Fan Since: 2003

Postby pafan » Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:10 am

IBLEEDPURPLE wrote:SIUs record is misleading as they were simply over matched vs a superior Shocker team. While SIU has really improved they are not likely to be a top 3 team in the league.

Mostly depends on whether UNI can right the ship. I think SIU slides into third by default if UNI keeps losing to the SIUs and MSUs of the league.
PurpleAcesFans on Facebook & Twitter

IBLEEDPURPLE
Head Cheerleader

Postby IBLEEDPURPLE » Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:01 pm

I just caught the end of two MVC Games. Trees put it on UNI. UNI struggling. Still cannot figure out how in the world they beat TWO top ten teams in NC and Iowa State. Also, Bradley has won their first conference game on the road at Loyola. The bottom teams in the MVC this year are really weak. I see these two playing Thursday for sure and if only 8 teams were allowed to play both would be skipping the tournament this year. Surprised Loyola is struggling this much.

lawrencevgibson
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1964

Postby lawrencevgibson » Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:29 pm

IBLEEDPURPLE wrote:I just caught the end of two MVC Games. Trees put it on UNI. UNI struggling. Still cannot figure out how in the world they beat TWO top ten teams in NC and Iowa State. Also, Bradley has won their first conference game on the road at Loyola. The bottom teams in the MVC this year are really weak. I see these two playing Thursday for sure and if only 8 teams were allowed to play both would be skipping the tournament this year. Surprised Loyola is struggling this much.

Did you notice Doyle's lack of scoring? He doesn't seem like the same guy that he was before his injury.

IBLEEDPURPLE
Head Cheerleader

Postby IBLEEDPURPLE » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:09 pm

lawrencevgibson wrote:
IBLEEDPURPLE wrote:I just caught the end of two MVC Games. Trees put it on UNI. UNI struggling. Still cannot figure out how in the world they beat TWO top ten teams in NC and Iowa State. Also, Bradley has won their first conference game on the road at Loyola. The bottom teams in the MVC this year are really weak. I see these two playing Thursday for sure and if only 8 teams were allowed to play both would be skipping the tournament this year. Surprised Loyola is struggling this much.

Did you notice Doyle's lack of scoring? He doesn't seem like the same guy that he was before his injury.

No, I did not notice. I have not followed Loyola all that much. I am just not impressed that much with them I guess.

Atlanta Ace
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 1971

Postby Atlanta Ace » Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:52 pm

Under a minute left @ UNI... Loyola 48, Panthers 40
Let's get this McCarty Party started.

Atlanta Ace
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 1971

Postby Atlanta Ace » Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:56 pm

Make it a final. Ramblers 51, UNI 41.
Let's get this McCarty Party started.

IBLEEDPURPLE
Head Cheerleader

Postby IBLEEDPURPLE » Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:20 pm

Wow. How can anyone explain them beating NC and Iowa State and now losing to Loyola and many other games in the Valley so far? Coach and kids not getting along? Kids quit on him? Or did they just get lucky twice?

pafan
Crazy Man
Crazy Man
Fan Since: 2003

Postby pafan » Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:38 am

I watched UNI win over UNC and lose to Loyola. UNC wasn't able to defend UNI. Not sure if Roy Williams didn't prepare the Tarheels, or if there was some mismatch. I've not watched UNC since.

Loyola, on the other hand, knew exactly how to defend UNI: Stop Wes Washpun.
He was held to 4 points on 2/10 shooting, 0 FT, and 0 ast. UNI's 2nd option, Matt Bohannon was only 4/10.

I'd compare UNI this year to UE in 2011. A couple scorers, a big hole at center, and mismatches/inexperience everywhere else, and no bench.
PurpleAcesFans on Facebook & Twitter

IBLEEDPURPLE
Head Cheerleader

Postby IBLEEDPURPLE » Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:31 pm

Today's Games
Shox over Trees by 20
SIU over pesky Drake by 5

I honestly don't see anyone beating Wichita at their place. We had the best chance of anyone and barely missed it. Again, I think this is going to be a two horse race between us and the Shox for the titles in the regular and post season if all players on all teams avoid any serious injuries.

Return to “The Valley”