Now that Loyola has been in the MVC a couple of years....

Discuss the MVC through purple-tinted glasses
valleyclimber
Casual Fan
Fan Since: 1992

Now that Loyola has been in the MVC a couple of years....

Postby valleyclimber » Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:51 pm

Was thinking about the strength of the Valley, and at the time I was a supporter of the MVC bringing in Loyola (after CU's departure), but I've changed my mind.

So far Loyola has been so-so to just bad, and the Ramblers future looks to be a lower level MVC tenant. One of the main selling points of bring in LU was that it would help capture part of the Chicago market, well that has been an absolute joke as the Ramblers are barely on the Chicago sports media radar.

Even when the best teams in the Valley visit LU's Gentile Center, the attendance is beyond embarrassing. We all heard about LU's resources and how they were going to do big things in the MVC, but as a longtime Valley fan, color me more than a little skeptical.

What other schools could/would have been a better choice to bring in to actually improve the strength of the MVC....thoughts?

Big E in NBA
Casual Fan
Fan Since: 2010

Re: Now that Loyola has been in the MVC a couple of years....

Postby Big E in NBA » Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:24 pm

I'd like to see either Belmont or Valpo join. Both would strengthen the conference, and they both draw attendance very well. Another bonus is, they can recruit very well even though they are in smaller conferences.

Tom Servo
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1991

Postby Tom Servo » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:27 am

I won't say much because we were every bit as bad as Loyola for a long time just a few years ago (a fact many Aces fan forget).

But I think Valpo would have been a much better option. Heck they might have more Chicago market than Loyola.
Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.
- John Wooden

stl scooter
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1987

Postby stl scooter » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:58 am

If we want market exposure, then we should look at teams like: Belmont, Milwaukee, Neb-Omaha, Denver, Oral Roberts, Arkansas-Little Rock, & *IUPUI.

*Don't laugh, I think their program will be on an upswing soon.
#ACESACES #GetOnBoard #ImOnBoard

Return to “The Valley”