2016 TX F Solomon Hainna (JC)

Read-only archive
Austin Ace
Head Cheerleader
Posts: 1036
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:48 pm
Fan Since: 1970

Re: 2016 TX F Solomon Hainna (JC)

Postby Austin Ace » Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:20 am

This video gives me hope for next year:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=B7bACqTfKsM

Solomon is obviously going to be a huge piece of the puzzle.

My biggest concern would be the center spot and what we lost with Egidijus graduating. That is, interior defense, limiting easy baskets and rebounding. Probably will have to replace him by committee.

User avatar
Tom Servo
Head Cheerleader
Posts: 1760
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:08 pm
Fan Since: 1991
Location: Evansville, IN

Re: 2016 TX F Solomon Hainna (JC)

Postby Tom Servo » Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:58 am

Austin Ace wrote:This video gives me hope for next year:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=B7bACqTfKsM

Solomon is obviously going to be a huge piece of the puzzle.

My biggest concern would be the center spot and what we lost with Egidijus graduating. That is, interior defense, limiting easy baskets and rebounding. Probably will have to replace him by committee.


Very encouraging video, I don't care about the dunking, but the ability to shoot the three and shoot off the dribble will be huge. He looked comfortable doing it in the video. Let's hope he can continue to get better at that part of his game, because if he can, he'll really help us.

Thanks for sharing!

edit..btw here is another one if anyone is interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ab77MUdlW8
Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.
- John Wooden

letsgoAces
Head Cheerleader
Posts: 1558
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:34 am
Fan Since: 1969
Location: St. Louis

Re: 2016 TX F Solomon Hainna (JC)

Postby letsgoAces » Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:16 am

Thanks for sharing Tom. Your video is very encouraging. I heard through second hand information he was an excellent three point shooter. I had already thought he had good ball handing skills and could score in a variety of ways. Aces have desperately needed a big guy who could play on the perimeter for Marty's offense....we did not need another back up center. I am hopeful in believing Solomon will be a huge part of the upcoming season.

Aces & Eights
Head Cheerleader
Posts: 999
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:09 am
Fan Since: 1971

Re: 2016 TX F Solomon Hainna (JC)

Postby Aces & Eights » Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:43 am

Guys expect Solomon to be everything and more that you saw in the videos. He is a very driven man among the boys (freshman) and the returning Aces. In the month he was on campus this summer he tweeted that he gain 14 lbs from eating and working out. That is impressive. He can't wait to get back to Evansville to be with his teammates and coaches. I fully expect him and WW to pick up the rebounding slack and help out the center position, which I believe will be 15 fouls to give and add what points they can. Really looking forward to seeing this year's Aces team on the floor.

letsgoAces
Head Cheerleader
Posts: 1558
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:34 am
Fan Since: 1969
Location: St. Louis

Re: 2016 TX F Solomon Hainna (JC)

Postby letsgoAces » Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:58 am

Aces & Eights wrote:Guys expect Solomon to be everything and more that you saw in the videos. He is a very driven man among the boys (freshman) and the returning Aces. In the month he was on campus this summer he tweeted that he gain 14 lbs from eating and working out. That is impressive. He can't wait to get back to Evansville to be with his teammates and coaches. I fully expect him and WW to pick up the rebounding slack and help out the center position, which I believe will be 15 fouls to give and add what points they can. Really looking forward to seeing this year's Aces team on the floor.



Honestly, the last thing I would want to see is Solomon playing center. Aces don't have any other bigs who I believe can play the 4 position well
Don't want to see him playing there and an undersized power forward next to him. I think Howard and DT will share the majority of minutes at the 5. Unless Wiley has gained some strength and weight his role may once again be quite limited.

Aces & Eights
Head Cheerleader
Posts: 999
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:09 am
Fan Since: 1971

Re: 2016 TX F Solomon Hainna (JC)

Postby Aces & Eights » Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:58 am

letsgoAces wrote:
Aces & Eights wrote:Guys expect Solomon to be everything and more that you saw in the videos. He is a very driven man among the boys (freshman) and the returning Aces. In the month he was on campus this summer he tweeted that he gain 14 lbs from eating and working out. That is impressive. He can't wait to get back to Evansville to be with his teammates and coaches. I fully expect him and WW to pick up the rebounding slack and help out the center position, which I believe will be 15 fouls to give and add what points they can. Really looking forward to seeing this year's Aces team on the floor.



Honestly, the last thing I would want to see is Solomon playing center. Aces don't have any other bigs who I believe can play the 4 position well
Don't want to see him playing there and an undersized power forward next to him. I think Howard and DT will share the majority of minutes at the 5. Unless Wiley has gained some strength and weight his role may once again be quite limited.

I never intimated or expect Solomon to play center. I feel the 2 forwards will be the rebounding force. Howard, Sergei, and DT will the 15 available fouls to fill the center spot. I agree WW needs to bulk up. He is a senior now. Time to shine.

letsgoAces
Head Cheerleader
Posts: 1558
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:34 am
Fan Since: 1969
Location: St. Louis

Re: 2016 TX F Solomon Hainna (JC)

Postby letsgoAces » Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:21 pm

I completely agree


Return to “Class of 2016”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yandex [Bot] and 1 guest