2017 IN SG Cooper Neese

AcesHigh
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 1954

Re: 2017 IN SG Cooper Neese

Postby AcesHigh » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:59 pm

Looks like we we’ll get to see first hand just how good Neese is.

letsgoAces
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1969

Postby letsgoAces » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:36 pm

Why do I feel numb all over again?

AcesHigh
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 1954

Postby AcesHigh » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:33 pm

Face it. Simmons is the guy who gets a blind date with a pretty girl and she gives him a fake number. He’s getting a lot of fake numbers.

muni cup14
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1980

Postby muni cup14 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:53 am

Does anyone know if we even reached out to sign him
since he left Butler

letsgoAces
Head Cheerleader

Postby letsgoAces » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:11 am

There are still some top end recruits we still are waiting word on.. Trying to stay optimistic but we have not signed an impact player in quite some time.....mostly guys who could end up being good [not great] who basicly drew very little interest. This program is going to sink very fast if we can't bring in the talent before this signing period
Last edited by letsgoAces on Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tom Servo
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1991

Postby Tom Servo » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:19 am

letsgoAces wrote:There are still some top end recruits we still are waiting word on.. Trying to stay optimistic but we have not signed an impact player in quite some time.....mostly guys who could end up being goog [not great] who basicly drew very little interest. This program is going to sink very fast if we can't bring in the talent before this signing period

This...exactly

I've posted the same thing. I believe there are 4 guys out there who can help us. Viti, the big guy who can shoot from Indiana with a name I cannot spell, Ryan Davis, and Williams, the guard from Detroit. Honestly, given our struggles we need to sign three of them before Nov 15th. The two big guys would be the ones we need the most. Viti will give us more shooting and someone who could succeed in the offense. The PG from Detroit, Williams, should give us someone to back up Dru.

All of those things we will need desperately.

I don't look so much at who has offered, as I look at how they can fit into the offensive scheme. Defense can be coached, offensive instincts and skills cannot as we have seen far too often. Over coaching on offense leads to robot play.

http://www.nationalletter.org/signingDates/future.html - November signing period. As Steve Miller said...time keeps on slipping into the future...so we better get moving.

On a side note...there are only two schools without a 2018 commit in the conference - Us and Bradley - Bradley has only two seniors, we have 4 + the open scholarship http://mvcfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4767
Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.
- John Wooden

letsgoAces
Head Cheerleader

Postby letsgoAces » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:39 am

Enjoy your post as always Tom. I am no scout but I think just from watching the limited footage we see that Rashad Williams is the best player the Aces have recruited....he does everything well and has 4 year starter written all over him. I am hoping against hope we sign him. I have Aleks Novakovich as the next best player...only because of his size and ability to shoot from the outside which makes him a natural for Marty's offense. He and Kuhlman on the floor together would truly stretch the opponents defense far from the basket. My next choice is Ryan Davis who is being heavily sought by many mid-major programs....it would seem he would be an immediate force inside. Sign two of these three and Evansville would be back in business.

Tom Servo
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1991

Postby Tom Servo » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:15 pm

letsgoAces wrote:Enjoy your post as always Tom. I am no scout but I think just from watching the limited footage we see that Rashad Williams is the best player the Aces have recruited....he does everything well and has 4 year starter written all over him. I am hoping against hope we sign him. I have Aleks Novakovich as the next best player...only because of his size and ability to shoot from the outside which makes him a natural for Marty's offense. He and Kuhlman on the floor together would truly stretch the opponents defense far from the basket. My next choice is Ryan Davis who is being heavily sought by many mid-major programs....it would seem he would be an immediate force inside. Sign two of these three and Evansville would be back in business.

Thanks! I would certainly be okay with that. Ryan Davis is going to be the toughest to get, in my opinion. So many quality schools are going after him. Novakovich is a perfect fit for us, theoretically. Williams is very talented, I would certainly love to see us get him. I like Viti because he appears to fit into the offense, and he's also the only one we know for sure is going to even visit here. Can never have too many shooters, especially ones who have some size and strength. But you're right, sign 3 of these guys and I'll feel a whole lot better about the direction we are going. That would only leave 2 to fill in the spring which is much more manageable that what's been going on the last couple years.
Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.
- John Wooden

letsgoAces
Head Cheerleader

Postby letsgoAces » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:40 pm

completely agree!

Return to “Class of 2017”