WANTED: Quality Big Man - Immediate Playing Time

Austin Ace
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1970

WANTED: Quality Big Man - Immediate Playing Time

Postby Austin Ace » Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:10 pm

Any quality big man that is considering Evansville should expect to see the floor this coming year if they choose Evansville. That should be a serious selling point for a kid that wants to make an immediate impact.

Not where we need to be this far in the recruiting cycle but still holding out that we will hear some better news in the next three months.

Aces101
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1980

Re: WANTED: Quality Big Man - Immediate Playing Time

Postby Aces101 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:48 pm

Are you tall with a pulse? If so, send your application to UE, in care of Marty Simmons.

In all seriousness, filling spots with a body isn't what we need. We need talent, and I'm not sure how much quality big man talent is available on the open market,

Aces & Eights
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1971

Postby Aces & Eights » Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:57 pm

Aces101 wrote:Are you tall with a pulse? If so, send your application to UE, in care of Marty Simmons.

In all seriousness, filling spots with a body isn't what we need. We need talent, and I'm not sure how much quality big man talent is available on the open market,

Remember that Iggy wasn't found until late in the summer right before school started.

AcesHigh
Road Tripper
Fan Since: 1954

Postby AcesHigh » Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:07 pm

Iggy was being recruited for almost a year before he came to UE. I was following him in the European sites when it was reported here that UE had interest in him. There were a few YouTube videos available. What we didn't know was whether he would show up until August or September. I'm sure the coaching staff knew because he had to get approval to come here. You should be able to find a lot of postings on this subject by searching this site.

CoachD88
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 1976

Postby CoachD88 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:10 pm

Is it just me...or since Iggy....we seem to have a neon sign over the school flashing " If over 6'8"......move on"?
Just my opinion...I could be wrong!

Return to “Class of 2017”