Dainius Chatkevicius

acefan
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 1962

Dainius Chatkevicius

Postby acefan » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:10 pm

During the MVC Basketball Coaches Teleconference this morning, Coach was asked to talk about the newcomers to the program. Among those he mentioned was Dainius Chatkevicious. So.....apparently Chatkevicius is a member of the team.

Here's a Facebook link:
https://www.facebook.com/MissouriValleyConference/?fref=ts

letsgoAces
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1969

Re: Dainius Chatkevicius

Postby letsgoAces » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:55 pm

I remember when the Aces were following Danius when he was playing for West Oak Academy, which was a power prep-school. He is a big dude for sure 6'8 245. On video he appeared very physical and unafraid to mix it up with anyone, but very raw. Quite limited offensively and seemingly foul prone. There was some speculation the Aces offered him then, however, that obviously did not happen and then went to Vincennes Junior College. I'm being kind when I say he did not particularly distinguish himself at VU. We can only hope the staff can teach him (and Traore) some better footwork, and develop a shot. I will try to be positive and realistic though in that he is in fact a tough kid who will not easily be moved away from the basket. But he is also a guy with a limited offensive game who could foul out in 5 minutes.

Tom Servo
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1991

Postby Tom Servo » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:08 pm

So if this guy is truly on the team, why in the world has UE or the Coaching staff not publically acknowledged he is here?? I've never heard of such a thing.
Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.
- John Wooden

letsgoAces
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1969

Postby letsgoAces » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:13 pm

Tom Servo wrote:So if this guy is truly on the team, why in the world has UE or the Coaching staff not publically acknowledged he is here?? I've never heard of such a thing.

I'm not sure Tom, but I think it is because there is no letter of intent he can sign between now and once school begins.

Austin Ace
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1970

Postby Austin Ace » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:13 pm

From July 29, 2014:

UE showing interest in Lithuanian power forward, but no scholarship offer

http://www.courierpressblogs.com/sports/ue/dainius-chatkevicius-is-ue-recruiting-target-not-a-commit/

acefan
Bobblehead Owner

Postby acefan » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:20 pm

Tom Servo wrote:So if this guy is truly on the team, why in the world has UE or the Coaching staff not publically acknowledged he is here?? I've never heard of such a thing.

I know I was very surprised when Coach mentioned his name during the teleconference. You may recall the Aces helped get Dainius on the squad at VU. Out of high school I think there were either problems with admissions or there were concerns about his basketball skills. So, it's not a huge shock that the Aces have him on the squad, but it is a surprise they didn't announce once he was on campus. My concern is that they just took Dainius when Silas left because Dainius was available. I hope he's able to contribute.

Tom Servo
Head Cheerleader

Postby Tom Servo » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:27 pm

acefan wrote:

I know I was very surprised when Coach mentioned his name during the teleconference. You may recall the Aces helped get Dainius on the squad at VU. Out of high school I think there were either problems with admissions or there were concerns about his basketball skills. So, it's not a huge shock that the Aces have him on the squad, but it is a surprise they didn't announce once he was on campus. My concern is that they just took Dainius when Silas left because Dainius was available. I hope he's able to contribute.

That is exactly what I was thinking as well. It appears to be a scramble to fill in for Silas, hopefully it isn't. It's pretty bad fans have to tune into a Coach's Teleconference to find out about a recruit. That's just pathetic.

Glad you listened to it though.
- John Wooden

Tom Servo
Head Cheerleader

Postby Tom Servo » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:28 pm

letsgoAces wrote:

I'm not sure Tom, but I think it is because there is no letter of intent he can sign between now and once school begins.

That could be...but I'm 99% positive they announced Solomon and Hall immediately after they committed last year and they were both after the LOI deadline.
- John Wooden

acefan
Bobblehead Owner

Postby acefan » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:39 pm

Aces & Eights
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1971

Postby Aces & Eights » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:05 pm

Tom Servo wrote:
acefan wrote:

That is exactly what I was thinking as well. It appears to be a scramble to fill in for Silas, hopefully it isn't. It's pretty bad fans have to tune into a Coach's Teleconference to find out about a recruit. That's just pathetic.

Glad you listened to it though.

Could he be the next Rokas Cesnulevicius? A companion for a bigger piece of the puzzle not disclosed yet.

Return to “Class of 2017”