Dainius Chatkevicius

stl scooter
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1987

Re: Dainius Chatkevicius

Postby stl scooter » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:52 pm

Austin Ace wrote:UE adds Lithuanian transfer from Vincennes

http://www.courierpress.com/story/sports/2017/06/21/ue-adds-lithuanian-transfer-vincennes/103066794/

According to the courierpress: The 6-foot-9 and 240-pound junior-to-be signed a grant-in-aid. He will be eligible to play immediately for UE.

So does "grant-in-aid" mean that he is not on scholarship?

It means he can receive scholarship $ from the University.
#ACESACES #GetOnBoard #ImOnBoard

Purple&Orange
Ford Center Regular
Fan Since: 1988

Postby Purple&Orange » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:57 pm

There are windows to sign a National Letter of Intent, if I remember correctly by signing a grant-in-aid it guarantees financial aid without the penalties of breaking the LOI. Regardless it's a commitment and hopefully he can be productive because as of right now, we are sorely lacking inside guys.

Austin Ace
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1970

Postby Austin Ace » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:01 pm

Thanks for the clarification.

If Silas was still be here, I would say this was a pretty could pickup as I see Dainius as a guy who can give you a few minutes here and there and clog up the middle and get a few rebounds and that is the type of player that Evansville needed - a serviceable BIG guy - and Dainius potentially fits that role. However, I don't see him as THE guy (esp since Silas left). Looks like our best option is to pick up another "decent" big guy and play the center spot by committee (like last year). Evansville does have some players around the 5 spot, but they are looking like a donut team at the moment.

He seems like a nice kid who will work hard - so who knows.

muni cup14
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1980

Postby muni cup14 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:44 am

He might do very well in our more structured offense.Im sure
he wasn't fed the post that much at Vincennes

letsgoAces
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1969

Postby letsgoAces » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:39 am

Austin Ace wrote:Thanks for the clarification.

If Silas was still be here, I would say this was a pretty could pickup as I see Dainius as a guy who can give you a few minutes here and there and clog up the middle and get a few rebounds and that is the type of player that Evansville needed - a serviceable BIG guy - and Dainius potentially fits that role. However, I don't see him as THE guy (esp since Silas left). Looks like our best option is to pick up another "decent" big guy and play the center spot by committee (like last year). Evansville does have some players around the 5 spot, but they are looking like a donut team at the moment.

I agree with your assessment. If Silas had stayed he might possibly have been a guy that could come in and bang the boards and set some screens. He is a substandard recruit IMO, but I am intrigued by his wide frame and strength - Aces have not had many players like that.
Sure wish Marty Hill would convince Vance Johnson to come down and join us. :D

SI_Acesfan
Road Tripper
Fan Since: 1967

Postby SI_Acesfan » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:09 pm

letsgoAces wrote:

I agree with your assessment. If Silas had stayed he might possibly have been a guy that could come in and bang the boards and set some screens. He is a substandard recruit IMO, but I am intrigued by his wide frame and strength - Aces have not had many players like that.

For whatever it's worth, Vance Johnson is not currently listed on the UWM 2017-18 roster (their official website)....but the new head coach is.

muni cup14
Head Cheerleader

Postby muni cup14 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:42 pm

Hummmmmmm. Very interesting. Come on Marty Hill get on the phone and start talking

muni cup14
Head Cheerleader

Postby muni cup14 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:50 pm

Hope Simmons doesn't hold a grudge against Vance if indeed Vance is look g for another school

letsgoAces
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1969

Postby letsgoAces » Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:14 pm

SI_Acesfan wrote:
letsgoAces wrote:

For whatever it's worth, Vance Johnson is not currently listed on the UWM 2017-18 roster (their official website)....but the new head coach is.

Now that is an interesting development. Considering he was a top 4 choice of Evansville we would have to be strong consideration of his. The Aces still have scholarship open and lots of playing time available. Aces badly need an impact player and I think he has a chance to be that guy.

Purple&Orange
Ford Center Regular
Fan Since: 1988

Postby Purple&Orange » Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:02 pm

On Johnson, have any of the other recruits been added to the roster yet? I don't know the specifics but if they haven't started classes yet (summer session) can they be officially added to the roster if they've yet to attend a class yet? If other incoming players have been added then it could be that he may have changed his mind or simply if he's not able to come for the summer session for example that he isn't added until later.

Would be nice to hear about another inside player coming on board this year.

Return to “Class of 2017”