Head Cheerleader

Re: 2017 TN PF Silas Adheke

Postby klinky » Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:42 pm

lawrencevgibson
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1964

Postby lawrencevgibson » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:11 am

klinky wrote:It's interesting that this player evaluation website (Peach State Basketball) came out today with a new report on Silas. They apparently weren't aware that he had reclassified to the 2016 class and is attending UE. Nevertheless, it's interesting that they him graded as a 4 1/2 star player:

http://peachstatebasketball.com/brandon ... as-adheke/

And as of their July 2016 update they had Silas ranked as the #61 prospect in the country:

http://peachstatebasketball.com/brandon ... -rankings/

Did we pull a rabbit out of the hat on this recruit? I bet a lot of schools will be scratching their heads on this.

letsgoAces
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1969

Postby letsgoAces » Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:44 am

Amazing stuff, thanks for sharing Klinky. Makes me wonder if the Aces have ever signed a recruit that highly rated. I know the late Mike Duff was highly regarded and Richie Johnson as well. But not sure as high as Silas. If the Aces can sign Sasha from Crownpoint this will be an extraordinary recruiting class.

Tom Servo
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1991

Postby Tom Servo » Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:57 am

letsgoAces wrote:Amazing stuff, thanks for sharing Klinky. Makes me wonder if the Aces have ever signed a recruit that highly rated. I know the late Mike Duff was highly regarded and Richie Johnson as well. But not sure as high as Silas. If the Aces can sign Sasha from Crownpoint this will be an extraordinary recruiting class.

+10
Totally agree, get Sasha and another shooting forward to play the three and four and we'll have one of the best recruiting classes we've ever had.
Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.
- John Wooden

SI_Acesfan
Road Tripper
Fan Since: 1967

Postby SI_Acesfan » Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:49 pm

klinky wrote:It's interesting that this player evaluation website (Peach State Basketball) came out today with a new report on Silas. They apparently weren't aware that he had reclassified to the 2016 class and is attending UE. Nevertheless, it's interesting that they him graded as a 4 1/2 star player:

http://peachstatebasketball.com/brandon ... as-adheke/

And as of their July 2016 update they had Silas ranked as the #61 prospect in the country:

http://peachstatebasketball.com/brandon ... -rankings/

A little benchmarking between Rick Bolus vs. Peach State rankings:

Bolus TN vs. TN guys in PeachState top 100 is very straightforward.

--- #1 and #49 Alexander committed to FLA.
--- #2 and #69 Stokes undecided
--- #3 and #61 Adheke committed to UE
--- #4 and #57 Walker committed to VA TECH

--- Alexander, Adheke, and Walker all played together at Chattanooga HHC.

Since many of us are somewhat familiar with Indiana HS bball, I looked at their rankings. It's a little more complicated.

Bolus left Jaren Jackson out, maybe because he's at LaLumiere. He is a high major recruit.

Bolus top three in Indiana (in a loaded class) are Kris Wilkes, Mailik Williams, and Paul Scruggs. All three have multiple offers from elite high majors.

PeachState has Scruggs listed just ahead of Adheke. They did not list Wilkes or Williams. A real head scratcher......Williams committed to LOU, Wilkes can go anywhere.

What two conclusions did I come to from all this info?

1. These two scouting services consider Adheke a high major prospect, in a league with guys who get a lot more press.
2. These two scouting srevices consider Adheke as good or better prospect as Nunge.

Key word here is "prospect". Time will tell.

SI_Acesfan
Road Tripper
Fan Since: 1967

Postby SI_Acesfan » Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:03 pm

letsgoAces wrote:Amazing stuff, thanks for sharing Klinky. Makes me wonder if the Aces have ever signed a recruit that highly rated. I know the late Mike Duff was highly regarded and Richie Johnson as well. But not sure as high as Silas. If the Aces can sign Sasha from Crownpoint this will be an extraordinary recruiting class.

I had the privilege of seeing Mike Duff play in HS on many occasions. Committed to Mizzou then changed his mind. Always remember as a kid when I saw Joe B. Hall and his entourage walking into that packed 3000 seat gym and sat about 4 rows in front of us. He was just that good.

83Ace
Road Tripper
Fan Since: 1968

Postby 83Ace » Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:11 pm

Most highly rated recruit was probably Kenny Perry. He was a Parade High School All-American, though he didn't live up to that at UE (wound up transferring to SIU). Richie Johnson was a highly regarded recruit - he went to Missouri and then transferred to UE. I remember the excitement about Mike Duff - from Eldorado? He was just a freshman at the time of the plane crash.

letsgoAces
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1969

Postby letsgoAces » Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:06 pm

I saw Mike Duff play nearly every game before the plane crash. He has been the only Aces player I have seen since I started watching back in 1969 that I believed was a legitimate NBA prospect. Very tough and strong with great skills. Wow, I really wonder just how good he would have been.
Cannot wait to see Silas play!

Theauctioneer
New User
New User
Fan Since: 1971

Postby Theauctioneer » Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:30 am

I am very excited about Silas. I asked if anyone from Peegs had seen Silas play. Both Brian Snow and Rabjohns have seen him play a lot. They both like his potential, but indicated a red shirt year would be very good idea. They seemed to indicate a 4 star rating and being ahead of Jackson is crazy. He should be great, but it will probably be a steep learning curve??

rpyke
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 2003

Postby rpyke » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:16 pm

Return to “Class of 2017”