2017 MS PG Rodrick Sikes (JC)

Postby klinky » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:17 pm

Rodrick Sikes - 6' 1" PG, Southwest Miss Community College, Summit, MS
St. Martin HS, Ocean Springs, MS
http://southwestbearathletics.com/roste ... ath=mbball

Video:
http://hoops247.com/new34/index.php/hoo ... ssippi-c-c

JucoRecruiting
Rodrick Sikes (6'1, 2017) of Southwest Miss hearing from Morehead St, Evansville, Central Mich, Portland St, Albany, LA Monroe, & S Alabama

JUCOadvocate ‏@JUCOadvocate
Rodrick Sikes had 38 points last night in a win on the road at #9 jones. Top 10 in the nation in scoring now. 45% 3FG!
pts/g 22.8
fg % 53.2
3pt % 43.4
ft % 80.6

AcesHigh
Road Tripper
Fan Since: 1954

Re: 2017 MS PG Rodrick Sikes (JC)

Postby AcesHigh » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:37 pm

So when is the last time the Aces had a point guard who could score 38 points in a game, shoot over 50% from the field and make over 80% of his free throws? I've been a fan for 50 years and I remember absolutely none.

Why aren't the big schools chasing him? Size. They all want big guards now leaving the smaller ones for the mid-majors. Put this player in the rotation with Dru and Boo and we might just have something at guard. This would change a lot for next year. This would allow Taylor to solidify the 3-hole, the red shirts to compete for the 4-spot, leaving only the 5 hole in question.

letsgoAces
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1969

Postby letsgoAces » Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:06 am

Though I am not fond of recruiting JUCOS, the Aces will sorely be in need of an experienced point guard for next season. The Aces have not done so well under Marty's tenure in recruiting players at this level. But this particular player is not like other juco guards that have come here in that he is not undersized (6'2 180lbs). He is an athlete with great elevation on his shot. His shooting percentage on three pointers (45%) is great and he can hit his free throws (80%). From the limited footage I have seen he drives very hard to the basket. He is getting multiple division 1 teams interested. Given the Aces present circumstances if Sikes wanted to come play for us I would have to strongly consider him.

muni cup14
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1980

Postby muni cup14 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:21 am

We have our point guard thefor the next 4 years,Dru Smith,along with Boo next year.
I could possibly seeing Marty using him as a shooting guard.Also if this kid is
That good we don't have a chance on getting him

letsgoAces
Head Cheerleader

Postby letsgoAces » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:41 am

muni cup14 wrote:We have our point guard thefor the next 4 years,Dru Smith,along with Boo next year.

So, if the kid is "that good" the Aces shouldn't recruit him, right? But wait...if Evansville choses not to recruit him you will find fault with the coaching staff for not going for the superior players.

The only schools Rodrick is hearing from are South Alabama, Morehead State, Central Michigan, LA Monroe, and Albany. Not exactly teams the Aces cannot complete with. Regardless, I was sure it was a surprise to many when Silas Adheke signed with the Aces. You never know what a kid is looking for. Anyone who follows recruiting closely knows that.

Aces & Eights
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1971

Postby Aces & Eights » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:59 am

muni cup14 wrote:We have our point guard thefor the next 4 years,Dru Smith,along with Boo next year.

There's no given that Boo will return next year. He, like Blake more than likely will graduate this spring.

muni cup14
Head Cheerleader

Postby muni cup14 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:52 pm

letsgoAces wrote:

So, if the kid is "that good" the Aces shouldn't recruit him, right? But wait...if Evansville choses not to recruit him you will find fault with the coaching staff for not going for the superior players.

The only schools Rodrick is hearing from are South Alabama, Morehead State, Central Michigan, LA Monroe, and Albany. Not exactly teams the Aces cannot complete with. Regardless, I was sure it was a surprise to many when Silas Adheke signed with the Aces. You never know what a kid is looking for. Anyone who follows recruiting closely knows that.

I didn't say anything about faulting the staff if we don't recruit him.I said we have 2 point gaurds for next year, therefore Marty
could make him a shooting gaurd.Those are not top notch schools interested.Please read my comment on what
I say,not what you think.

IBLEEDPURPLE
Head Cheerleader

Postby IBLEEDPURPLE » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:30 pm

Aces & Eights wrote:

There's no given that Boo will return next year. He, like Blake more than likely will graduate this spring.

I would think if Boo's knee would hold up for next year he would still like to play one more year, but who knows. With his degree in hand and all the work that has to be put in he may give it up. I hope he comes back, we need all the help we can get and he is a fan favorite.

muni cup14
Head Cheerleader

Postby muni cup14 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:26 am

It would be nice if we could land this kid.
I do agree with some post,Boo might not
Return do to his knee,

letsgoAces
Head Cheerleader

Postby letsgoAces » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:57 am

I would be surprised if Boo did not return. With a stronger knee and the opportunity to play another year of college ball and work towards a Masters Degree would seem pretty inviting.

Return to “Class of 2017”