Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EsmcmcpNv4

Interest: Evansville, Western IL, Canisius, Valparaiso, TX Rio Grande

AcesHigh
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 1954

Re: 2017 NE F Lewis Diankulu

Postby AcesHigh » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:08 am

Well, he certainly has a variety of offensive skills and is solidly built to battle Valley players in the paint. He appears to be the kind of power forward that UE has been wanting for some time. Question is whether he can play within Marty's system.

Austin Ace
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1970

Postby Austin Ace » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:38 am

AcesHigh wrote:Well, he certainly has a variety of offensive skills and is solidly built to battle Valley players in the paint. He appears to be the kind of power forward that UE has been wanting for some time. Question is whether he can play within Marty's system.

Agreed. He runs the court very well and block shots well and handles the ball good for a big man as well. Not to mention he goes strong to the basket and rebounds well.

He would be a nice addition to our 2017 class. If it came down to this kid or a 7-footer who can't chew gum and walk at the same time I would take this kid in a heartbeat. We need size but this kid is a beast and evens out our classes a bit.

Tom Servo
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1991

Postby Tom Servo » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:10 am

AcesHigh wrote:Well, he certainly has a variety of offensive skills and is solidly built to battle Valley players in the paint. He appears to be the kind of power forward that UE has been wanting for some time. Question is whether he can play within Marty's system.

That's the million dollar question when it comes to anyone and the 4 position. I have my doubts that Hall will play there next year. I'll consider it a major victory if he plays Kuhlman there.

Didn't watch the video on this guy (don't have time), but the key questions are, does he have enough ball handling and quickness to play the 4 in Marty world. We all know how that is after yet another year of evidence. If he does, take him!
Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.
- John Wooden

letsgoAces
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1969

Postby letsgoAces » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:32 am

Tom Servo wrote:

That's the million dollar question when it comes to anyone and the 4 position. I have my doubts that Hall will play there next year. I'll consider it a major victory if he plays Kuhlman there.

Didn't watch the video on this guy (don't have time), but the key questions are, does he have enough ball handling and quickness to play the 4 in Marty world. We all know how that is after yet another year of evidence. If he does, take him!

Enjoy and agree with your comments, Tom. You will love the video. He appears to be a lot better than Bradshaw. He is quick and just judging by the video (which we all know is quite limited) it shows him pushing the ball up court and changing direction. Get him and Tai on board and I will be one happy Aces fan.

As always, thanks to Klinky who is a great asset to this forum.

AcesHigh
Bobblehead Owner

Postby AcesHigh » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:13 am

Watch the video Tom. We know it's an edited highlight video, but you will see a different kind of player than we usually see at UE for that position. Other Valley schools have recruited similar players over the years who have been quite successful some of which are playing right now. If he is projected to be a screener for one of our guards, then the rut will only get deeper.

Aces101
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1980

Postby Aces101 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:34 pm

Nice video - he looks to be a nice PF prospect. BUT, I too would be concerned he would be brought in as an undersized 5 man....ala Jaylon Moore. Moore was gifted athletically, had length, and could run the floor but was pressed into action way too much as a 5.

They need to recruit a true center in addition to this kid, Tai Bibbs, and Jalen Adaway to have a great recruiting class. If Boo and Simmons play their RS Senior season, Blake must go on an academic scholarship to recruit as many athletes as possible to fill out this roster.

PG - Smith, Bibbs, Gibson (if he comes back)
SG - Taylor, Eaves, Adaway, Frederking (Redshirt)
SF - Adheke, Hainna, Simmons (if he comes back use academic scholarship)
PF - Diankulu, Hall, Kuhlman (Redshirt)
C - Traore, Area of Need

Tom Servo
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1991

Postby Tom Servo » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:42 am

I watched the video, he's got a lot of talent. Good post moves, can handle the ball, and actually did hit a few jumpers.

I think we need to start getting guys like this at the forward spot. Would be a great compliment to Kuhlman. Year after year we see other MVC teams with big, quick forwards like this. It would be nice if we could get him. I still worry about Marty playing him as a center because when the rubber meets the road he always goes small and anyone over 6'6 is an automatic center. That's one of the reasons why his record in the conference is what it is.

Wichita and ISU are loaded with fowards like this, and that's why they win. Reminds me a lot of Willis at Wichita State.
Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.
- John Wooden

AcesHigh
Bobblehead Owner

Postby AcesHigh » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:59 pm

Spot on comment Tom.

51ACE
Ford Center Regular
Fan Since: 1978

Postby 51ACE » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:26 pm

I don't believe we ever offered this guy, but he looks fairly legit to me. Not quite big enough to play the 5, but we have played small lineups in the past. Maybe he could fill a need on the boards, but then again, if he simply is the same type of player as Hainna and Hall, what have we accomplished as far as immediate needs go. I guess as a fan it is easy to feel anxious at this point, and unsure if we are going to find what we need. As we all know we are looking at a lot of inexperience down in the post for next season....makes me nervous.

Return to “Class of 2017”