Head Cheerleader

2018 IL SF Messiah Jones

Postby klinky » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:52 pm

Messiah Jones - 6' 6" SF, Simeon Academy, Chicago, IL

Scout - 3 star

SniperJones‏ @MessiahAMJones
Blessed to say I have just received an offer from the University of Evansville

National Prep Hoops‏ @HoopReview
@MessiahAMJones Evansville has offered this elite prospect , kid is a big time talent!

http://verbalcommits.com/players/messiah-jones

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0GApUQrjOk

Offers: Evansville, Drake, N. Illinois, Chicago St.

acefan
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 1962

Re: 2018 IL SF Messiah Jones

Postby acefan » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:37 pm

Note that this kid and Xavier Pinson both play at Simeon Academy. Could it be a package deal for the two of them?

letsgoAces
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1969

Postby letsgoAces » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:27 am

Wow...this guy is really really good. Every bit a three star recruit and probably better. One of the better prospects I have seen Marty go after. His stock I am sure will blow up quickly so I am not paying much attention to the low amount of suitors he has at this point. He would have to really want to come here if he decides to play for the Aces. Has the perfect name for what Evansville needs right now - "Messiah" :lol: Chance to be "the man" for the next four years and be the one who finally got the Aces into the NCAA.

AcesBack
Ford Center Regular
Fan Since: 1971

Postby AcesBack » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:50 am

letsgoAces wrote:Wow...this guy is really really good. Every bit a three star recruit and probably better. One of the better prospects I have seen Marty go after. His stock I am sure will blow up quickly so I am not paying much attention to the low amount of suitors he has at this point. He would have to really want to come here if he decides to play for the Aces. Has the perfect name for what Evansville needs right now - "Messiah" :lol: Chance to be "the man" for the next four years and be the one who finally got the Aces into the NCAA.

Amen to that.

Aces & Eights
Head Cheerleader

Postby Aces & Eights » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:57 am

If I had to guess, the Aces venture into the Chicago market is being spearheaded by Coach Novsek. Chicago is a fertile market and would love to see these 2 fine recruits in Aces purple for 4 years.

Aces & Eights
Head Cheerleader

Postby Aces & Eights » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:18 pm

Per Scott Burgess at Prep Hoops

"Simeon 2018 forward Messiah Jones is one of the more athletic prospects in the rising senior class. The bouncy four man has informed PrepHoopsIllinois he has set up three official visits in the month of September. The visits are:

September 8 UW Milwaukee
September 15 Northern Illinois
September 21 Drake

Jones broke down what he likes about each program heading into the visits.

UW Milwaukee

“What I like about Milwaukee is their coaching staff. I feel like we could have a great bond on and off the court. I feel like they will treat me like their own son and always look out for me. They always show love.”

Northern Illinois

“That’s my hometown. I know NIU is big about football and I will be attending the Boston College game for an unofficial, but the coaches always check up on me. When AAU was still going they showed up to every single game of mine and I appreciate that and look for things like.”

Drake

“Drake has been there since day one. They show a lot of love for me. Drake has a great coaching staff and is great communicating. They are a good academic school and my mom really loves that. Drake shows a lot of love and I love their determination.”

He says he is still open to other schools beyond these three."

muni cup14
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1980

Postby muni cup14 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:47 pm

I'm guessing we can Mark him off our list.
Can't even get a visit

letsgoAces
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1969

Postby letsgoAces » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:18 pm

Well, that sucks.

Aces & Eights
Head Cheerleader

Postby Aces & Eights » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:02 pm

muni cup14 wrote:I'm guessing we can Mark him off our list.
Can't even get a visit

It's obvious that he has picked the 3 schools closest to home to visit in September. He lives near Northern Illinois. Drake is 220 miles west and UWM is 122 miles northeast.
Does UE not fit the last sentence "He says he is still open to other schools beyond these three."

muni cup14
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1980

Postby muni cup14 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:13 am

Aces & Eights wrote:
muni cup14 wrote:I'm guessing we can Mark him off our list.
Can't even get a visit

It's obvious that he has picked the 3 schools closest to home to visit in September. He lives near Northern Illinois. Drake is 220 miles west and UWM is 122 miles northeast.
Does UE not fit the last sentence "He says he is still open to other schools beyond these three."

I'm sure he means bigger name schools,like Illinois,and others.We offered,that's all we could do.

Return to “Class of 2018”