2018 MI PG Rashad Williams

GoAcesgo
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1989

Re: 2018 MI PG Rashad Williams

Postby GoAcesgo » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:52 pm

I know we are getting off topic here but I want to throw my two cents in for what's it's worth, I feel that some gave up on Marty long ago, but I will add I think out team 2 years ago was probably one of the best in history, based on RPI and who we played and what conference we are in, I think the mistake we made was moving to the MVC I think even now we don't fit I think we fit in a lesser conference, I think we have had 2 or 3 teams under Marty that would have competed for 1st in the lesser conferences, I don't have all the answers, but I would of thought following up the last second heartbreaking lost 2 years ago we would of had an easier time recruiting, whatever the case I will say this if we some how win 7 to 8 MVC games this year Marty will be back and I will say If we don't it is time for a change, but to blame it all on Marty and the Ford center I think is naive, there are a lot of things that go in to the declining fan base.

stl scooter
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1987

Postby stl scooter » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:53 pm

It is easy to say "they can find someone better," until you're the person that has to find someone better.

Anyone that wants to see Marty go please answer this:
Who do you want UE to hire?
Do they want the job?
Will they be more successful here than the current coach?
#ACESACES #GetOnBoard #ImOnBoard

IBLEEDPURPLE
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1969

Postby IBLEEDPURPLE » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:07 pm

Tom Servo wrote:
Aces & Eights wrote:My thoughts about the recruitment of Rashad. I never thought UE had a chance for this player and was surprised that UE was among the finalists.
1. UE has never recruited from the Detroit area or Michigan in general.
2. He was touted by some on this board about his playmaking and shooting. Yet, he only rated a 2 star from the recruiting services. There was no surge of major universities offering him after this past AAU season. UE (MVC) is in the strongest conference to make an offer and as far as it was reported there was no visit to UE. Usually, UE can expect to be competing against several other MVC teams for a player. He chose to go to a school close to home in a less challenging conference.
3. The spectacle of yesterday's announcement and the lead up to it smacks of self aggrandization by Rashad and frankly makes me think he would not have been a good fit for the Aces.

I would say you are spot on

The only thing I would say is that we have struggled to get anyone who has another MVC offer recently, which is why a lot of us are frustrated with the coaching staff. I think some of the guys we've gotten can still be good even though didn't have an MVC offer because they fit us (Kuhlman, Frederking, Hall would fall in that category at least in my eyes they would). Some though I don't think will fit (or have never fit) and won't help us much at all.

I am a long time, die hard Aces fan and season ticket holder. I have wanted every coach to win and the Aces to win no matter who the coach, regardless of the league and regardless of where our home court was. However, I am tired of not winning and seeing the same ole, same ole and no post season success under Simmons. The season ticket holding base is in decline for many reasons and the reason at the top of the list is no success in the last decade under the current staff. This is a fact, no opinion needed. It's time for a change should this year be no better. Without the Shockers in the way the conference is much weaker and the most wide open it has been since we joined the MVC.

AcesHigh
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 1954

Postby AcesHigh » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:09 pm

Rick Petino is available now. :lol:

letsgoAces
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1969

Postby letsgoAces » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:47 pm

stl scooter wrote:It is easy to say "they can find someone better," until you're the person that has to find someone better.

Anyone that wants to see Marty go please answer this:
Who do you want UE to hire?
Do they want the job?
Will they be more successful here than the current coach?

Truly their are a number of coaches I could name right now that I feel would definitely be interested.
Plus I can guarantee you they would get the Aces to at least the amount of NCAA or NIT games that Marty has gotten us to. If you are serious about who I would interview get back with me. Not trying to disrespect Marty - I admire and respect him a great deal. But we have needed a new set of eyes on this program for awhile now. And yes, the state of the program right now goes much deeper than the head coach.

1987ace
Ford Center Regular
Fan Since: 1966

Postby 1987ace » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:45 am

We have the right coach for our program. Marty Simmons is the coach and he should remain the coach!

Aces101
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1980

Postby Aces101 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:47 pm

1987ace wrote:We have the right coach for our program. Marty Simmons is the coach and he should remain the coach!

Thanks Mrs. Simmons

I simply don't understand the infatuation with this staff. I have supported them since the beginning, but 11 years is too long for a staff that hasn't produced a single NCAA or NIT team. If the staff can't land a great recruiting class, the program is in deep doodoo. Attendance has fallen, the fan base is aging, and the program simply doesn't do enough to bring in new fans. We all hope UE wins 25 games this year, but if it doesn't show future potential and upside, what is there to hold onto with this staff? Why are people so much against change?

Return to “Class of 2018”