Iowa transfer Christian Williams

51ACE
Road Tripper
Fan Since: 1978

Re: Iowa transfer Christian Williams

Postby 51ACE » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:04 pm

I don't know how we could go wrong with Christian. We need a point guard, sounds like he is a good defender, and we have an open scholarship available now. Maybe the open scholarship will help close the deal when he visits this weekend. I would think he would have to pay his way next semester at Indiana State, since they used their last scholarship for this year on Cooper Neese.

I would still like to have Jomaru as well, or Daniel Sackey. I am intrigued by Sackey, he can really get up and down the court.

letsgoAces
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1969

Postby letsgoAces » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:44 pm

I wish I knew what was up with Sakey. He can fly down court! No activity at all with him on verbal commits. I assume Aces are off his radar but not for sure.

51ACE
Road Tripper

Postby 51ACE » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:16 pm

letsgoAces wrote:I wish I knew what was up with Sakey. He can fly down court! No activity at all with him on verbal commits. I assume Aces are off his radar but not for sure.

I would say you are correct, we are probably not his first choice. I do think we are one of the best teams that have offered him. WKU has, but they just received a verbal from a point guard for next year, plus have a few others on their roster. Maybe he is waiting until next spring to see if something bigger and better comes his way.

tomace44
Road Tripper
Fan Since: 1971

Postby tomace44 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:26 pm

51ACE wrote:
letsgoAces wrote:I wish I knew what was up with Sakey. He can fly down court! No activity at all with him on verbal commits. I assume Aces are off his radar but not for sure.

I would say you are correct, we are probably not his first choice. I do think we are one of the best teams that have offered him. WKU has, but they just received a verbal from a point guard for next year, plus have a few others on their roster. Maybe he is waiting until next spring to see if something bigger and better comes his way.

He is at a prep school in Canada avg 32.5 pts per game

Austin Ace
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1970

Postby Austin Ace » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:22 pm

letsgoAces wrote:Wants to play closer to home.

I hope he comes to Evansville as well; however I must point out that Evansville is about the same distance as the University of Iowa is from Decatur, Illinois. Indiana State is much closer (99 miles).

Hopefully the open scholarship and his visit will sell him on the Aces!!!

muni cup14
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1980

Postby muni cup14 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:09 am

Man if we could sign Christian that would be great.I do believe he will probably sign
with the Trees though,just a gut feeling.If we offer maybe it could put a little
pressure on Jomaru.
I'm thinking Jomaru is holding out for a bigger and better offer.

letsgoAces
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1969

Postby letsgoAces » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:02 am

Austin Ace wrote:
letsgoAces wrote:Wants to play closer to home.

I hope he comes to Evansville as well; however I must point out that Evansville is about the same distance as the University of Iowa is from Decatur, Illinois. Indiana State is much closer (99 miles).

Hopefully the open scholarship and his visit will sell him on the Aces!!!

My thoughts exactly. Evansville about the same distance from Decator to Iowa City. Terre Haute much closer. Having the open scholarship and abundance of playing time will hopefully entice Christian to play for the Aces.

klinky
Head Cheerleader

Postby klinky » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:19 am

If location to home was his top objective, he could find closer programs than Indiana St. I'm sure Eastern Illinois would be happy to take a player of his quality. Particularly if he was willing to pay his own way the first year.

pafan
Crazy Man
Crazy Man
Fan Since: 2003

Postby pafan » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:40 am

Or ISUred/Bradley. Barely an hour to Normal, 1.5 to Peoria.
PurpleAcesFans on Facebook & Twitter

51ACE
Road Tripper

Postby 51ACE » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:51 am

pafan wrote:Or ISUred/Bradley. Barely an hour to Normal, 1.5 to Peoria.

Exactly....you have all made good points. If anything, I actually like our chances a little better than my initial thought. My gut feeling is he wasn't going to see the playing time he wanted over the next two years. Very understandable that if he was not going to play, and he feels he can contribute at another program, why not make a move. I guess we will wait and see if he makes a decision this weekend.

Return to “Class of 2018”