Iowa transfer Christian Williams

Tom Servo
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1991

Re: Iowa transfer Christian Williams

Postby Tom Servo » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:24 am

letsgoAces wrote:Wished Aces could have signed him but not overly upset. I liked her versatility and that he was an outstanding defensive player. He, Dru, and Brown would have been fun to watch them play together. But one of the reasons for his lack of playing time at Iowa is that he couldn't score. As we all know as Ace's fans that can be quite a liability.

Tom, looks like we posted at the same time....looks like we pretty much agree :lol:

haha, yep, good to see I wasn't totally out in left field! Glad someone else noticed that.
Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.
- John Wooden

letsgoAces
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1969

Postby letsgoAces » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:53 am

letsgoAces wrote:Wished Aces could have signed him but not overly upset. I liked his versatility and that he was an outstanding defensive player. He, Dru, and Brown would have been fun to watch them play together. But one of the reasons for his lack of playing time at Iowa is that he couldn't score. As we all know as Ace's fans that can be quite a liability.

Tom, looks like we posted at the same time....looks like we pretty much agree :lol:

muni cup14
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1980

Postby muni cup14 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:29 pm

Wow,I would have loved to have had Christian. If you can be the starting point guard at a Big Ten school like Iowa for the first five to six games he's got to be good

AcesHigh
Road Tripper
Fan Since: 1954

Postby AcesHigh » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:06 pm

The most important position we need to fill on this team is a “closer.” We simply don’t have one. Last night I was watching Auburn play and the announcers were discussing how good Bruce Pearl was closing the deal on recruits. He just recruited 7 of ESPN’s top 100. That’s amazing to get that many on one team.

GoAcesgo
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1989

Postby GoAcesgo » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:32 pm

AcesHigh wrote:The most important position we need to fill on this team is a “closer.” We simply don’t have one. Last night I was watching Auburn play and the announcers were discussing how good Bruce Pearl was closing the deal on recruits. He just recruited 7 of ESPN’s top 100. That’s amazing to get that many on one team.

This really makes me laugh, he maybe without a job and his closer is facing prision time....lol i know what you mean, but bad example.

AcesHigh
Road Tripper
Fan Since: 1954

Postby AcesHigh » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:50 pm

I didn’t say he was a coach to be admired and followed. In fact I don’t particularly like him all the way back to his days at USI. But the point is he knows how to get the recruits and we have far to many go elsewhere. Programs such as Butler, Xavier and even Gonzaga have shown us the way but we have closed our eyes.

GoAcesgo
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1989

Postby GoAcesgo » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:21 pm

AcesHigh wrote:I didn’t say he was a coach to be admired and followed. In fact I don’t particularly like him all the way back to his days at USI. But the point is he knows how to get the recruits and we have far to many go elsewhere. Programs such as Butler, Xavier and even Gonzaga have shown us the way but we have closed our eyes.

Im sorry i call that cheating, not recruiting, now the other schools you named i agree.

Aces101
Head Cheerleader

Postby Aces101 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:39 pm

With all that recruiting (cheating), what championships does he have to show for it at the D1 level? Good recruiter, terrible coach

muni cup14
Head Cheerleader

Postby muni cup14 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:25 pm

Chris Hollinder waz our closer on recruits.Left for SEC school .After a 3 year stint there he went to be with Kareem Richardson at UMKC.Now he is an assistant
at Missouri.

stl scooter
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1987

Postby stl scooter » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:38 am

It has been reported that Christian had hip surgery this week.
#ACESACES #GetOnBoard #ImOnBoard

Return to “Class of 2018”