Page 4 of 4

Re: Iowa transfer Christian Williams

Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:24 am
by Tom Servo
letsgoAces wrote:Wished Aces could have signed him but not overly upset. I liked her versatility and that he was an outstanding defensive player. He, Dru, and Brown would have been fun to watch them play together. But one of the reasons for his lack of playing time at Iowa is that he couldn't score. As we all know as Ace's fans that can be quite a liability.

Tom, looks like we posted at the same time....looks like we pretty much agree :lol:


haha, yep, good to see I wasn't totally out in left field! Glad someone else noticed that.

Re: Iowa transfer Christian Williams

Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:53 am
by letsgoAces
letsgoAces wrote:Wished Aces could have signed him but not overly upset. I liked his versatility and that he was an outstanding defensive player. He, Dru, and Brown would have been fun to watch them play together. But one of the reasons for his lack of playing time at Iowa is that he couldn't score. As we all know as Ace's fans that can be quite a liability.

Tom, looks like we posted at the same time....looks like we pretty much agree :lol:

Re: Iowa transfer Christian Williams

Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:29 pm
by muni cup14
Wow,I would have loved to have had Christian. If you can be the starting point guard at a Big Ten school like Iowa for the first five to six games he's got to be good

Re: Iowa transfer Christian Williams

Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:06 pm
by AcesHigh
The most important position we need to fill on this team is a “closer.” We simply don’t have one. Last night I was watching Auburn play and the announcers were discussing how good Bruce Pearl was closing the deal on recruits. He just recruited 7 of ESPN’s top 100. That’s amazing to get that many on one team.

Re: Iowa transfer Christian Williams

Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:32 pm
by GoAcesgo
AcesHigh wrote:The most important position we need to fill on this team is a “closer.” We simply don’t have one. Last night I was watching Auburn play and the announcers were discussing how good Bruce Pearl was closing the deal on recruits. He just recruited 7 of ESPN’s top 100. That’s amazing to get that many on one team.

This really makes me laugh, he maybe without a job and his closer is facing prision time....lol i know what you mean, but bad example.

Re: Iowa transfer Christian Williams

Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:50 pm
by AcesHigh
I didn’t say he was a coach to be admired and followed. In fact I don’t particularly like him all the way back to his days at USI. But the point is he knows how to get the recruits and we have far to many go elsewhere. Programs such as Butler, Xavier and even Gonzaga have shown us the way but we have closed our eyes.

Re: Iowa transfer Christian Williams

Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:21 pm
by GoAcesgo
AcesHigh wrote:I didn’t say he was a coach to be admired and followed. In fact I don’t particularly like him all the way back to his days at USI. But the point is he knows how to get the recruits and we have far to many go elsewhere. Programs such as Butler, Xavier and even Gonzaga have shown us the way but we have closed our eyes.

Im sorry i call that cheating, not recruiting, now the other schools you named i agree.

Re: Iowa transfer Christian Williams

Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:39 pm
by Aces101
With all that recruiting (cheating), what championships does he have to show for it at the D1 level? Good recruiter, terrible coach

Re: Iowa transfer Christian Williams

Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:25 pm
by muni cup14
Chris Hollinder waz our closer on recruits.Left for SEC school .After a 3 year stint there he went to be with Kareem Richardson at UMKC.Now he is an assistant
at Missouri.

Re: Iowa transfer Christian Williams

Posted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:38 am
by stl scooter
It has been reported that Christian had hip surgery this week.