Dedric Boyd - PG (EKU Transfer)

purpleredbird
Ford Center Regular
Fan Since: 1984

Re: Dedric Boyd - PG (EKU Transfer)

Postby purpleredbird » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:04 pm

Funny how players are great until they sign with somebody else and then they are not so great. :) ISUr looks like they got a couple of high demand transfers today. Surprised they got both, but good for them.

Lerch
Ford Center Regular
Fan Since: 1964

Postby Lerch » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:21 pm

35% FG & 13 PPG was never great in my book, especially in a program like EKU & conference like the OVC, which has about 1/2 the RPI ranking of the MVC. Ya, he looked good on video, but look @ the competition. Muller runs a loose ship, so maybe it'll be a good fit for him.
Last edited by Lerch on Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GoAcesgo
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1989

Postby GoAcesgo » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:23 pm

purpleredbird wrote:Funny how players are great until they sign with somebody else and then they are not so great. :) ISUr looks like they got a couple of high demand transfers today. Surprised they got both, but good for them.

I was excited about him until I read the EKU message board, think about Dru and RT, most if not all on here wanted them to stay, but when all of the fans are saying no big loss, along with other not to stellar comments, I was thinking it maybe best.

Tom Servo
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1991

Postby Tom Servo » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:42 pm

GoAcesgo wrote:
purpleredbird wrote:Funny how players are great until they sign with somebody else and then they are not so great. :) ISUr looks like they got a couple of high demand transfers today. Surprised they got both, but good for them.

I was excited about him until I read the EKU message board, think about Dru and RT, most if not all on here wanted them to stay, but when all of the fans are saying no big loss, along with other not to stellar comments, I was thinking it maybe best.

Defintely understand, I'm not too upset by this either...I think Bradshaw is better and still the guy i really want. Im much more upset about losing the Hall kid to Loyola than this. I guess we will see how good he actually is.
8-19 .....1986
16-12 ....1987 --- MCC Champ
21-8 .....1988 --- NIT
25-6 .....1989 --- NCAA
Key point, be patient, never judge a coach on Year 1!

Aces101
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1980

Postby Aces101 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:53 pm

I want Bradshaw too, but the EKU message board says he’s a real head case too. It’s either a case of sour grapes or their Coach took some chances on the recruiting trail. I hope those fans are exaggerating and Pedro finds his way to Evansville.

GoAcesgo
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1989

Postby GoAcesgo » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:55 pm

Aces101 wrote:I want Bradshaw too, but the EKU message board says he’s a real head case too. It’s either a case of sour grapes or their Coach took some chances on the recruiting trail. I hope those fans are exaggerating and Pedro finds his way to Evansville.

He didn't even play one minute there...lol

Lerch
Ford Center Regular

Postby Lerch » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:03 am

Could be WHY he's a "head case"...

211N-69
Bobblehead Owner

Postby 211N-69 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:59 am

FWIW, every young athlete (or person) has some growing up to do and not all of them will succeed at it on normal social terms. Normal is an operative word. If UE signs a kid and he doesn't work out, there are a couple of ways they can go with that. I could probably give you a roster of pretty good-to-very good players at UE alone who didn't adapt to college life, or the rigors of college sports. If the kid wants to play for McCarty, or thinks he might, I'd offer him the scholarship. If it doesn't work, then you gave it a good try. I am always a little annoyed at people who go slapping the "head case" or "clubhouse cancer" label on people.

PurpleWhiskers
Road Tripper
Fan Since: 1977

Postby PurpleWhiskers » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:26 am

As a parent, I would dissuade my son from choosing Illinois State based upon their track record of accumulating and accommodating bad seeds. It wouldn't take much research to understand the Mueller approach to coaching. Either Dedric failed to do the research or did and liked that environment. Regardless, Illinois State always has good athletes, wrist-slaps them when the get out of line and still finds a way to stay barely above average in the conference. That's Mueller's legacy.

Lerch
Ford Center Regular

Postby Lerch » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:54 am

Well-stated...the Redbirds annually have good INDIVIDUAL talent, but rarely develop into a Loyola-type unit by season's end.

Recall the following IL St 6'7" monster, who transferred to Oregon for his final yr. last season? If Muller had been a GOOD coach, this thought would've never crossed his mind:

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/pl ... osh-1.html

Return to “Class of 2018”