Dedric Boyd - PG (EKU Transfer)

purpleredbird
Ford Center Regular
Fan Since: 1984

Re: Dedric Boyd - PG (EKU Transfer)

Postby purpleredbird » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:14 am

Aces44 wrote:
letsgoAces wrote:Illinois State job at present may be the best job in the MVC.

Here's hoping we can say that about Evansville real soon.

I agree with this. Illinois State is set up to be the best job in the Valley. I don’t have a solid reason for their lack of success. I don’t like DM’s style at all, but I’m also not ready to throw it all at his feet either.

Not sure I agree with the "their lack of success" statement. Yes they have struggled through a few coaches to win the MVC championship game, but the fact that they have been in the finals 6 of the last 11 years says something to me. Also been in the NIT multiple times and has been hosed by the NCAA at least twice (2009,2017) in my eyes.

Coach DM reminds me of a pitbull. When the pitbull is in your family you love it, enjoy having it around, have fun with it, and know that it is highly protective of its family. However, your neighbors most likely don't like your pitbull. They find him aggressive, maybe a bit cocky, and just overall annoying. Sure sounds like coach Muller to me. :D

I personally thank that Dan will be at ISU until he gets them back into the NCAAs. I in no way think that ISU is his last stop as a coach. The only job he really pursued at all was Dayton last year, and even then it was not overly serious.

Having watched the MVC for a long time now, other than maybe Jacobsen at UNI and that's not even certain now, I wouldn't trade him for any other coach. His players sure seem to like him a lot.

muni cup14
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1980

Postby muni cup14 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:07 am

Please end

Aces44
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 1992

Postby Aces44 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:16 am

purpleredbird wrote:
Aces44 wrote:
letsgoAces wrote:Illinois State job at present may be the best job in the MVC.

Here's hoping we can say that about Evansville real soon.

I agree with this. Illinois State is set up to be the best job in the Valley. I don’t have a solid reason for their lack of success. I don’t like DM’s style at all, but I’m also not ready to throw it all at his feet either.

Not sure I agree with the "their lack of success" statement. Yes they have struggled through a few coaches to win the MVC championship game, but the fact that they have been in the finals 6 of the last 11 years says something to me. Also been in the NIT multiple times and has been hosed by the NCAA at least twice (2009,2017) in my eyes.

Coach DM reminds me of a pitbull. When the pitbull is in your family you love it, enjoy having it around, have fun with it, and know that it is highly protective of its family. However, your neighbors most likely don't like your pitbull. They find him aggressive, maybe a bit cocky, and just overall annoying. Sure sounds like coach Muller to me. :D

I personally thank that Dan will be at ISU until he gets them back into the NCAAs. I in no way think that ISU is his last stop as a coach. The only job he really pursued at all was Dayton last year, and even then it was not overly serious.

Having watched the MVC for a long time now, other than maybe Jacobsen at UNI and that's not even certain now, I wouldn't trade him for any other coach. His players sure seem to like him a lot.

Uhh, I guess that’s one way to put it...

purpleredbird
Ford Center Regular
Fan Since: 1984

Postby purpleredbird » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:30 am

Other than that I have no opinion. :D

Return to “Class of 2018”