Fan Since: 1964

Re: Roman Silva Jr.

Postby Lerch » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:06 pm

stennisrm72
Road Tripper

Postby stennisrm72 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:43 pm

Lerch wrote:http://utepathletics.com/news/2016/4/17/Miners_Sign_7_1_Big_Man_Roman_Silva.aspx

Looks like he's an Engineering major, so he's at the right place...

Agreed says the Engineering school alum!

IBLEEDPURPLE
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1969

Postby IBLEEDPURPLE » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:21 pm

Is it possible we simply do not want him?
From what I have seen in terms of a pattern...when a player visits and HE IS OFFERED he posts it on some form of social media as some guys on here point out. Some point it out even if they did not visit it appears as it is the IN THING to do. If we offered, he is not sharing.

I suspect we did not offer him. In Walter's fast paced plan of attack, is a 7 footer really someone that plays into that scheme? Is there a reason this guy is still on the board, a reason that may scare some schools off such as UE? Just asking because this one breaks the pattern of others who have visited and who have been offered and offered right away. Some offered and not yet visited (I think) and most that have come in have been offered pretty quickly, but not in this case. Not in the loop here, just pointing this out.

tomace44
Road Tripper
Fan Since: 1971

Postby tomace44 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:31 pm

IBLEEDPURPLE wrote:Is it possible we simply do not want him?
From what I have seen in terms of a pattern...when a player visits and HE IS OFFERED he posts it on some form of social media as some guys on here point out. Some point it out even if they did not visit it appears as it is the IN THING to do. If we offered, he is not sharing.

I suspect we did not offer him. In Walter's fast paced plan of attack, is a 7 footer really someone that plays into that scheme? Is there a reason this guy is still on the board, a reason that may scare some schools off such as UE? Just asking because this one breaks the pattern of others who have visited and who have been offered and offered right away. Some offered and not yet visited (I think) and most that have come in have been offered pretty quickly, but not in this case. Not in the loop here, just pointing this out.

Coach Walter McCarty follows him on twitter.

Aces101
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1980

Postby Aces101 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:35 pm

Not sure I follow. Silva has retweeted his coach/school’s announcement that he has received an offer from UE. He has also retweeted multiple tweets from Aces fans wishing him luck, saying they hope he commits to us, and that he would look good in purple. If he wasn’t interested, I don’t believe he’d be retweeting all of the Aces-related posts.

IBLEEDPURPLE
Head Cheerleader

Postby IBLEEDPURPLE » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:48 pm

Aces101 wrote:Not sure I follow. Silva has retweeted his coach/school’s announcement that he has received an offer from UE. He has also retweeted multiple tweets from Aces fans wishing him luck, saying they hope he commits to us, and that he would look good in purple. If he wasn’t interested, I don’t believe he’d be retweeting all of the Aces-related posts.

Maybe I am confused as well. I could be way off base. I feel like HE IS INTERESTED for sure. I am not sure if we offered him or not. Maybe we did, maybe not. I am not on Twitter and that is where all the reports come from it appears. I was just thinking if he was offered and he IS interested, what is the hold up then with him signing?

stennisrm72
Road Tripper

Postby stennisrm72 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:54 pm

Deandre Williams has visited and offered but we haven't seen a LOI as yet. Not quite worried just yet.

mybigpurplebrain
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 1982

Postby mybigpurplebrain » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:16 pm

IBLEEDPURPLE wrote:
Aces101 wrote:Not sure I follow. Silva has retweeted his coach/school’s announcement that he has received an offer from UE. He has also retweeted multiple tweets from Aces fans wishing him luck, saying they hope he commits to us, and that he would look good in purple. If he wasn’t interested, I don’t believe he’d be retweeting all of the Aces-related posts.

Maybe I am confused as well. I could be way off base. I feel like HE IS INTERESTED for sure. I am not sure if we offered him or not. Maybe we did, maybe not. I am not on Twitter and that is where all the reports come from it appears. I was just thinking if he was offered and he IS interested, what is the hold up then with him signing?

First page of this thread is a thank you from Silva for being offered. I suspect he is weighing his options and will decide soon.
I think a seven footer with his skills will be a great pick up.

Aces101
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1980

Postby Aces101 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:55 am

7’1” with good grades? Come on Roman, sign with the Aces. I love how he keeps the ball high after catching post feeds, rebounds the ball, etc. It looks like he’s been coached the right way.

http://www.cooperbasketballrecruiting.c ... silva.html

https://youtu.be/YrZ5xHIVpi0

https://youtu.be/Pw8rUhcj5hI

letsgoAces
Head Cheerleader

Postby letsgoAces » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:43 am

He has got a number of texts from the Aces fans....seems to be a good guy. This is the one recruit that I am really wanting. A legit D-1 center. With the talent that Coach McCarty is getting on board the signing of Roman would be the ultimate exclamation mark!

Return to “Class of 2018”