Recruiting

6th man
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1964

Re: Recruiting

Postby 6th man » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:19 pm

6th man wrote:
AcesHigh wrote:I agree that Agau could be a game changer for the Aces next year. We were sorely missing a front line game last year and he is the only player I’ve seen being recruited who could fill that gap.

McCarty has put together a pretty good recruiting class and the returning players from last years team are solid. With Agau we will have the 5 spot filled with size and quickness as Big C will be a force to deal with when sharing time with Agau.

We have forwards with size who can shoot the jumper and drive to the rim. In addition we will have strong guards that can shoot the 3, slash to the rim or set up the big men down under. We will be solid from top to bottom of our roster.

To Agau if he’s reading this board, there is a place for you here in Evansville and you will be warmly received and loved. Your journey through life has been long and hard but your star shines over the University of Evansville and the Ford Center. Welcome.

What He Said!
It's a great time to be an Aces fan
#getonboard

letsgoAces
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1969

Postby letsgoAces » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:59 am

I think Agua is getting ready to make his announcement. I see him as a long shot mostly because of the lack of choices for graduate degrees.....but stranger things have happened and what a difference he could make this season.

Aces101
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1980

Postby Aces101 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:58 am

Akoy liked my recent post about UE basketball and his potential impact on the program. We may have a shot at landing him, so all of us need to offer our support, speak highly of the program and school, etc.

letsgoAces
Head Cheerleader

Postby letsgoAces » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:53 am

Aces101 wrote:Akoy liked my recent post about UE basketball and his potential impact on the program. We may have a shot at landing him, so all of us need to offer our support, speak highly of the program and school, etc.

Glad Akoy liked your tweet...hopefully a positive sign Aces are still an option. I, as well, encourage others to show him some Aces support. The program and entire season could absolutely propel towards the top of the league with his signing...he is a beast and I believe he would make that type of impact.

AcesHigh
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 1954

Postby AcesHigh » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:01 am

So Agau tweeted this morning that “4h Up Up and Away. # Stay Tuned”

I take this tweet that he is going to announce his college choice. Notice that nothing has come out about the other transfers from South Florida and Brigham Young. My thoughts are that Akoy is #1 on Walter’s list and the spot is his if he wants it. Keeping fingers crossed.

Austin Ace
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1970

Postby Austin Ace » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:36 pm

ncace
Road Tripper

Postby ncace » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:17 pm

Transfers. Coaches have to re-recruit their players EVERY year. The recruiting game has changed and will continue to do so.
Playing time, exposure, attendance, a route to the NBA are all the important considerations for the player, not the location of the university.
Recruiting has become a national game, not state or even regional. Coaches and their assistants can place emphasis on the state, but only if it yields a player that will fill a need. UK and IU will attract state kids, but they'll only offer them if the player is right for the team. Actually, a couple of local kids are generally good for a school, but it's also interesting to have players from other states and international.....adds a bit of diversity.

pafan
Crazy Man
Crazy Man
Fan Since: 2003

Postby pafan » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:01 pm

ncace wrote:Transfers. Coaches have to re-recruit their players EVERY year. The recruiting game has changed and will continue to do so.

I think I read on the ESPN Bottomline yesterday that the D1 transfer rules were being changed such that the school granting a release could no longer make it conditional on where the student wants to transfer. It has been traditional forever to block players from transferring within the conference. Which I guess will no longer be permissible.
PurpleAcesFans on Facebook & Twitter

NumbersDontLie
Road Tripper
Fan Since: 1992

Postby NumbersDontLie » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:03 pm

Austin Ace wrote:Crossover: Should Evansville basketball place an emphasis on recruiting Indiana?

https://www.courierpress.com/story/sports/college/evansville/2018/06/14/evansville-basketball-walter-mccarty-indiana-recruiting/702329002/

It must be a slow news time to come up with that question. If I’m not mistaken, Hemenway from Castle and Kiyron Powell from Bosse both have offers from UE. So they are offering local kids.

I think there is a chance Mekhi Lairy might be playing for UE if McCarty was last year.

Time will tell though. I’m hoping once November gets here we will next years recruits getting on board.

6th man
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1964

Postby 6th man » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:15 pm

pafan wrote:
ncace wrote:Transfers. Coaches have to re-recruit their players EVERY year. The recruiting game has changed and will continue to do so.

I think I read on the ESPN Bottomline yesterday that the D1 transfer rules were being changed such that the school granting a release could no longer make it conditional on where the student wants to transfer. It has been traditional forever to block players from transferring within the conference. Which I guess will no longer be permissible.

I maybe mistaken but the MVC rules says that if a student transfer to another team in the conference, He has to sit an additional year.
It's a great time to be an Aces fan
#getonboard

Return to “Class of 2018”