2019 IN F Jake LaRavia

muni cup14
Head Cheerleader
Posts: 1598
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:00 am
Fan Since: 1980

Re: 2019 IN F Jake LaRavia

Postby muni cup14 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:54 am

letsgoAces wrote:
Aces101 wrote:LaRavia is off the board - verbally committed to SIU-Edwardsville


Agree

letsgoAces
Head Cheerleader
Posts: 1846
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:34 am
Fan Since: 1969
Location: St. Louis

Re: 2019 IN F Jake LaRavia

Postby letsgoAces » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:36 am

I have to admit I was a bit stunned and disappointed when I learned of Jake's decision. I liked his game and believed given the circumstances surrounding the UE program I thought he would jump on this opportunity. You never know what a kid is thinking...perhaps he thought he would get more immediate playing time with the Cougars which is probably true.

Dixon is the guy I really want. He would come in and make a huge splash. The fact that the Shockers want him speaks volumes.

Had Jake not signed if Marty was still the coach I would bemoan this more. But with Walter and his staff they will just move on to the next guy, who might even be better.

PurpleWhiskers
Bobblehead Owner
Posts: 428
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:35 pm
Fan Since: 1977

Re: 2019 IN F Jake LaRavia

Postby PurpleWhiskers » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:41 am

letsgoAces wrote:I have to admit I was a bit stunned and disappointed when I learned of Jake's decision. I liked his game and believed given the circumstances surrounding the UE program I thought he would jump on this opportunity. You never know what a kid is thinking...perhaps he thought he would get more immediate playing time with the Cougars which is probably true.

Dixon is the guy I really want. He would come in and make a huge splash. The fact that the Shockers want him speaks volumes.

Had Jake not signed if Marty was still the coach I would bemoan this more. But with Walter and his staff they will just move on to the next guy, who might even be better.


Maybe LaRavia is more realistic about his abilities relative to the McCarty signees than the easily excitable cheerleaders on this fan board. I think he made an excellent choice. He can be a star there.

Ad1770
Head Cheerleader
Posts: 513
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:25 pm
Fan Since: 1980

Re: 2019 IN F Jake LaRavia

Postby Ad1770 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:18 am

PurpleWhiskers wrote:
letsgoAces wrote:I have to admit I was a bit stunned and disappointed when I learned of Jake's decision. I liked his game and believed given the circumstances surrounding the UE program I thought he would jump on this opportunity. You never know what a kid is thinking...perhaps he thought he would get more immediate playing time with the Cougars which is probably true.

Dixon is the guy I really want. He would come in and make a huge splash. The fact that the Shockers want him speaks volumes.

Had Jake not signed if Marty was still the coach I would bemoan this more. But with Walter and his staff they will just move on to the next guy, who might even be better.


Maybe LaRavia is more realistic about his abilities relative to the McCarty signees than the easily excitable cheerleaders on this fan board. I think he made an excellent choice. He can be a star there.


Agree with this. Also, I don’t know where the 6’7” came from. Everything I have read on him has him at 6’5”. Not sure where he would get any PT here with Noah, Art, Cunliff, Riley, and both Newtons most likely in front of him. Truth is, that line up would be hard for any guard or wing to crack for PT next two years. No knock on the kid, and I wish him well, but time to move on and snatch a couple of bigs.
TIME TO GET IT RIGHT

acecard
Head Cheerleader
Posts: 2197
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:04 am
Fan Since: 1950

Re: 2019 IN F Jake LaRavia

Postby acecard » Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:42 pm

Ad1770 wrote:
PurpleWhiskers wrote:
letsgoAces wrote:I have to admit I was a bit stunned and disappointed when I learned of Jake's decision. I liked his game and believed given the circumstances surrounding the UE program I thought he would jump on this opportunity. You never know what a kid is thinking...perhaps he thought he would get more immediate playing time with the Cougars which is probably true.

Dixon is the guy I really want. He would come in and make a huge splash. The fact that the Shockers want him speaks volumes.

Had Jake not signed if Marty was still the coach I would bemoan this more. But with Walter and his staff they will just move on to the next guy, who might even be better.


Maybe LaRavia is more realistic about his abilities relative to the McCarty signees than the easily excitable cheerleaders on this fan board. I think he made an excellent choice. He can be a star there.


Agree with this. Also, I don’t know where the 6’7” came from. Everything I have read on him has him at 6’5”. Not sure where he would get any PT here with Noah, Art, Cunliff, Riley, and both Newtons most likely in front of him. Truth is, that line up would be hard for any guard or wing to crack for PT next two years. No knock on the kid, and I wish him well, but time to move on and snatch a couple of bigs.

Verblecommits.com, prepballstars.com, and maxpreps.com (Lawrence Central Roster) all list him at 6'7". I don't know how tall he is, I think there are bigger fish in the ocean.

Aces44
Head Cheerleader
Posts: 523
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:48 pm
Fan Since: 1992

Re: 2019 IN F Jake LaRavia

Postby Aces44 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:43 pm

Reopened his recruitment today.

AcesHigh
Bobblehead Owner
Posts: 427
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:59 pm
Fan Since: 1954

Re: 2019 IN F Jake LaRavia

Postby AcesHigh » Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:03 am

Should be interesting to see what he does. As for his height, Marty was listed at 6-5 or 6-6, but he raised a lot of eyebrows when a new startup league for players under 6-5 had him listed at 6-4+. The heights had to be verified to keep taller players from shrinking to play.

AcesHigh
Bobblehead Owner
Posts: 427
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:59 pm
Fan Since: 1954

Re: 2019 IN F Jake LaRavia

Postby AcesHigh » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:29 am

Jake did receive an offer from UE and he did make an official visit to Evansville just before the November signing period. He was all the rage on this board before he committed to SIUE. I would think he should be the rage now especially after the powerhouse senior year he had. Whether he is 6-7 or 6-5 I really don’t care, it’s only two inches. This kid knows how to play the game and put points on the board and it was done mostly against Indianapolis competition. I said it last fall and I will say it again, Jake will look really good in an Aces uniform.

User avatar
Tom Servo
Head Cheerleader
Posts: 2194
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:08 pm
Fan Since: 1991
Location: Evansville, IN

Re: 2019 IN F Jake LaRavia

Postby Tom Servo » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:41 am

AcesHigh wrote:Jake did receive an offer from UE and he did make an official visit to Evansville just before the November signing period. He was all the rage on this board before he committed to SIUE. I would think he should be the rage now especially after the powerhouse senior year he had. Whether he is 6-7 or 6-5 I really don’t care, it’s only two inches. This kid knows how to play the game and put points on the board and it was done mostly against Indianapolis competition. I said it last fall and I will say it again, Jake will look really good in an Aces uniform.


I agree...we need shooting and he obviously can shoot the ball. This season proved how important shooting is and how little value had been placed on it during prior recruiting periods.
8-19 .....1986
16-12 ....1987 --- MCC Champ
21-8 .....1988 --- NIT
25-6 .....1989 --- NCAA
Key point, be patient, never judge a coach on Year 1!

Aces44
Head Cheerleader
Posts: 523
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:48 pm
Fan Since: 1992

Re: 2019 IN F Jake LaRavia

Postby Aces44 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:48 am

AcesHigh wrote:Jake did receive an offer from UE and he did make an official visit to Evansville just before the November signing period. He was all the rage on this board before he committed to SIUE. I would think he should be the rage now especially after the powerhouse senior year he had. Whether he is 6-7 or 6-5 I really don’t care, it’s only two inches. This kid knows how to play the game and put points on the board and it was done mostly against Indianapolis competition. I said it last fall and I will say it again, Jake will look really good in an Aces uniform.

Agreed. He can really score it. Some are saying he is the most complete offensive player in Indy.
And fwiw, he is closer to 6’8” than he is 6’5”.
But much of this depends on how things went when he told the staff he was going to SIUE. We will
never know, but that conversation has a lot to do with how future conversations go.


Return to “Class of 2019”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests