Student section, Band

Discuss the MVC through purple-tinted glasses
TheProdigy
Casual Fan
Fan Since: 2011

Re: Student section, Band

Postby TheProdigy » Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:22 pm

Going to UE it sucks to see the lack of school spirit even when the student section is filled. I usually wear the purple and white rugby shirt in case anyone has seen me at the games. I've been yelled at by students for being too rowdy but come one if you aren't going to try to impact the game, go sit elsewhere. Look at IU or Duke, schools like that have students that can impact the games. Instead, you have kids sitting down at the games not even chanting anything. It doesn't help that the Ford Center puts us so far from the court but if everyone cared as much as me, we would be one of the toughest places to play at in The Valley.
I'm trying to start a student section not affiliated with Purple Reign or UE for kids that are actually interested in trying to impact the game.
UE Class of 2022

stennisrm72
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 1964

Re: Student section, Band

Postby stennisrm72 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:44 am

I think that is exactly what Purple Reign is trying to do. That is what my impression of why the group was formed. They're on Twitter so if you have an account there I'd get in touch. I felt the student section was good for the most part. You do need to get louder and rowdier without getting tossed out of the gym.

Return to “The Valley”