Recruiting

ncace
Road Tripper
Fan Since: 1969

Re: Recruiting

Postby ncace » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:20 am

The staff will look at everything, and despite Holston visiting first, he may not be 1st on Walter's priority list. The new system will need a full roster to play Walt's uptempo style. My issue with Holston is not a knee injury, but whether it's chronic and has potential for reoccurrence. I loved Boo Gibson as a player. He's a gamer, but when injuries cause a kid to sit 2-3 weeks, then come baclk, then sit, etc., it makes it very tough for a team team to find its rhythm, esp. If the kid can be a producer when healthy. If Holston is deemed to be fully recovered and he can give us 15-20 mins. of production per game, there's no doubt in my mind that he would be an attractive addition. He'd bring additional maturity, too. Even with it being year one, this team will have the feel of experience with our returnees, Hurley, Feehan et al. That said, I still like Agau 1st and Dastrup 2nd.

muni cup14
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1980

Postby muni cup14 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:11 am

What is everybody's opinion do we need guards or Frontline players.Or athletic players who van play more than one position

letsgoAces
Head Cheerleader

Postby letsgoAces » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:30 am

An addition of a healthy Agau would dramatically change the complextion of this team and upcoming season.

letsgoAces
Head Cheerleader

Postby letsgoAces » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:34 am

Ad1770 wrote:How is this for a win win win proposal. Put on of the current players under “preferred walk ok” status (academic scholly anyone?), and offer schollys to the kid from BYU and 6’8” grad student. Then, the current player could receive their scholly back next year. A great situation would get even better.

mybigpurplebrain
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 1982

Postby mybigpurplebrain » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:06 pm

letsgoAces wrote:An addition of a healthy Agau would dramatically change the complextion of this team and upcoming season.

Another “big” to help DC . Preferably one that could help this year.

rpyke
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 2003

Postby rpyke » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:56 am

Akoy recently shut down rumors that he's returning to Louisville and 4 hours ago he tweeted, Up Up and Away and to stay tuned. Could only hope he's on a plane headed to Evansville.

letsgoAces
Head Cheerleader

Postby letsgoAces » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:23 pm

Read the same tweet but did not know he shot down rumors about his return to Louisville. Yes, we can only hope he chooses Evansville. As I mentioned earlier he could next season a great deal.

acecard
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1950

Postby acecard » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:26 pm

He would make the Aces a team that would be very relevant in the MVC next season, for sure. Is it almost more than we can hope for?

AcesHigh
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 1954

Postby AcesHigh » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:08 pm

I agree that Agau could be a game changer for the Aces next year. We were sorely missing a front line game last year and he is the only player I’ve seen being recruited who could fill that gap.

McCarty has put together a pretty good recruiting class and the returning players from last years team are solid. With Agau we will have the 5 spot filled with size and quickness as Big C will be a force to deal with when sharing time with Agau.

We have forwards with size who can shoot the jumper and drive to the rim. In addition we will have strong guards that can shoot the 3, slash to the rim or set up the big men down under. We will be solid from top to bottom of our roster.

To Agau if he’s reading this board, there is a place for you here in Evansville and you will be warmly received and loved. Your journey through life has been long and hard but your star shines over the University of Evansville and the Ford Center. Welcome.

6th man
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1964

Postby 6th man » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:15 pm

[quote="AcesHigh"]I agree that Agau could be a game changer for the Aces next year. We were sorely missing a front line game last year and he is the only player I’ve seen being recruited who could fill that gap.

McCarty has put together a pretty good recruiting class and the returning players from last years team are solid. With Agau we will have the 5 spot filled with size and quickness as Big C will be a force to deal with when sharing time with Agau.

We have forwards with size who can shoot the jumper and drive to the rim. In addition we will have strong guards that can shoot the 3, slash to the rim or set up the big men down under. We will be solid from top to bottom of our roster.

To Agau if he’s reading this board, there is a place for you here in Evansville and you will be warmly received and loved. Your journey through life has been long and hard but your star shines over the University of Evansville and the Ford Center. Welcome.[/quote}

What He Said!
It's a great time to be an Aces fan
#getonboard

Return to “Class of 2018”