Yarborough arrested again

Discuss the MVC through purple-tinted glasses
User avatar
stl scooter
Head Cheerleader
Posts: 967
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:58 am
Fan Since: 1987
Location: Vanderburgh County, Earth

Re: Yarborough arrested again

Postby stl scooter » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:37 am

letsgoAces wrote:Belmont actually started 3 freshman against the veteran ISU-red team. For Coach Mueller to say the things he did about Yarborough to the media says volumes about Yarborough. Not the kind of start that Rebird fans had hoped for.

Says a lot about Muller too.
#ForTheAces #GetOnBoard #ImOnBoard

letsgoAces
Head Cheerleader
Posts: 1907
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:34 am
Fan Since: 1969
Location: St. Louis

Re: Yarborough arrested again

Postby letsgoAces » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:50 am

stl scooter wrote:
letsgoAces wrote:Belmont actually started 3 freshman against the veteran ISU-red team. For Coach Mueller to say the things he did about Yarborough to the media says volumes about Yarborough. Not the kind of start that Rebird fans had hoped for.

Says a lot about Muller too.


I agree....to state the obvious it would seem Mueller has no idea of what to do with him.

IBLEEDPURPLE
Head Cheerleader
Posts: 1635
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:04 pm
Fan Since: 1969

Re: Yarborough arrested again

Postby IBLEEDPURPLE » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:40 pm

Byrd is a great coach and Belmont is a class act. I would always want them to beat the Redbirds, don't care if we are in the same conference they are. I would like to trade them in for Belmont to be honest :lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
Tom Servo
Head Cheerleader
Posts: 2227
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:08 pm
Fan Since: 1991
Location: Evansville, IN

Re: Yarborough arrested again

Postby Tom Servo » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:01 am

Speaking of Belmont...they just took Middle Tenn St. to the woodshed last night as well, 92-73. I've always been a big fan of their program, very good coach in Rick Byrd.
8-19 .....1986
16-12 ....1987 --- MCC Champ
21-8 .....1988 --- NIT
25-6 .....1989 --- NCAA
Key point, be patient, never judge a coach on Year 1!

letsgoAces
Head Cheerleader
Posts: 1907
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:34 am
Fan Since: 1969
Location: St. Louis

Re: Yarborough arrested again

Postby letsgoAces » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:04 am

Byrd was a finalist for the UE job before Simmons accepted the position.

IBLEEDPURPLE
Head Cheerleader
Posts: 1635
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:04 pm
Fan Since: 1969

Re: Yarborough arrested again

Postby IBLEEDPURPLE » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:05 pm

letsgoAces wrote:Byrd was a finalist for the UE job before Simmons accepted the position.


Yes he was. Back then I don't think anyone knew how good he was or could be. We all know now.
Had he been offered the job 3-4-5 years ago when our former coach should have been let go, wonder if he would have accepted?
Oh well, mute point now. We have an "all star cast" of coaches on our bench and I could not be happier because of it.

User avatar
Tom Servo
Head Cheerleader
Posts: 2227
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:08 pm
Fan Since: 1991
Location: Evansville, IN

Re: Yarborough arrested again

Postby Tom Servo » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:29 pm

IBLEEDPURPLE wrote:
letsgoAces wrote:Byrd was a finalist for the UE job before Simmons accepted the position.


Yes he was. Back then I don't think anyone knew how good he was or could be. We all know now.
Had he been offered the job 3-4-5 years ago when our former coach should have been let go, wonder if he would have accepted?
Oh well, mute point now. We have an "all star cast" of coaches on our bench and I could not be happier because of it.


Yeah, agree, at the time who would have known. But I definitely agree he could have done very well here with his style. But like you said it’s water under the bridge now
8-19 .....1986
16-12 ....1987 --- MCC Champ
21-8 .....1988 --- NIT
25-6 .....1989 --- NCAA
Key point, be patient, never judge a coach on Year 1!

User avatar
stennisrm72
Bobblehead Owner
Posts: 279
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:16 pm
Fan Since: 1964
Contact:

Re: Yarborough arrested again

Postby stennisrm72 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:09 pm

Now that his college career is over what's the over/under on days until next arrest? Lol

AcesChamps6571
Road Tripper
Posts: 240
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:08 pm
Fan Since: 1965
Location: Evansville

Re: Yarborough arrested again

Postby AcesChamps6571 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:52 am

For his sake, let's hope he puts that stuff behind him. On the other hand, Illinois State likely gets better by not having all the distractions he brings. Addition by subtraction, or something to that affect.

User avatar
stennisrm72
Bobblehead Owner
Posts: 279
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:16 pm
Fan Since: 1964
Contact:

Re: Yarborough arrested again

Postby stennisrm72 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:43 pm

AcesChamps6571 wrote:For his sake, let's hope he puts that stuff behind him. On the other hand, Illinois State likely gets better by not having all the distractions he brings. Addition by subtraction, or something to that affect.


I do hope so too but the track record suggests otherwise.


Return to “The Valley”