Which returning player scores more points?

Discussions of all the Aces sports
kyace1
Ford Center Regular
Fan Since: 1983

Which returning player scores more points?

Postby kyace1 » Wed May 23, 2018 9:39 pm

There is not much activity right now so with McCarty’s new system and incoming recruits, which returning player leads in points this year and why? I personally think it will be John Hall. Athletic & decent shot. I think he earns significant minutes & will thrive with McCarty.

Austin Ace
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1970

Re: Which returning player scores more points?

Postby Austin Ace » Thu May 24, 2018 12:48 am

John Hall would be my bet as well. I just think of the returning players he fits McCarthy's system the best.

Marty Hill might surprise as well; but hard to tell since he didn't play much last year. Reason: He is athletic as well and probably fits McCarthy's style second best.

Next I would have Noah, KJ and Dainus in no particular order.

Not sure Evan (or Noah for that matter) has the athletic ability to play full court defense and handle the pace. But all of these guys are talented and may surprise. The players that are the best conditioned will thrive in Walter's system.

muni cup14
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1980

Postby muni cup14 » Thu May 24, 2018 5:52 am

I'm going to go out on a limb and say Marty Hill :o :o .We really didn't get to
see a lot of Marty.But i believe he shoots the ball well and can knock down ths 3.
The real question is,how many returning starters will play a lot of minutes.Reason is
none of us has seen the new players play against other D1 players.

Aces & Eights
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1971

Postby Aces & Eights » Thu May 24, 2018 6:22 am

I expect McCarty's system will require short burst of high energy defense with regular and multiple substitutions through out the game. Playing time should be well balanced among all players with 15-25 minutes per player on the court. I think the playing of 6-7 players only in the second half is in the past as well as a 20+ point scorer. I see 7-8 players having the possibility of being the game's high scorer for any given night and those players averaging between 10 and 15 points per game.
With that said I think Noah will thrive setting up around the 3 pt. arc. Hall should also do well roaming the baseline and putting up 2nd chance baskets.

svmar10
Road Tripper
Fan Since: 1965

Postby svmar10 » Thu May 24, 2018 8:12 am

Given the green light, Noah's quick release and penetration is going to be fun to watch. Clayton Custer style.

Tom Servo
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1991

Postby Tom Servo » Thu May 24, 2018 8:14 am

I think it will either be Frederking, Williams, Hall, or Feehan. Feehan and Givance will be asked to do a lot in what I would expect the new system to be. Haven't really seen enough of Marty Hill to comment. He will probably be better in this type of system, he was lost in Simmons' scheme, as almost every JUCO he signed was.
Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.
- John Wooden

letsgoAces
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1969

Postby letsgoAces » Thu May 24, 2018 8:38 am

It's a good question...very hard to answer. Of all the players left over from Marty's team my guess is that Hall will lead in scoring because he is more of the type of player McCarty likes. However, I do think this team is going to launch a lot of three point shots and I think Noah will benefit from this. I do believe some of the holdovers from Marty's team are going to see drastically less playing time than what they may have anticipated.
I'm getting off base from the original question, but I wonder who will play the middle for the Aces this year? Hard to picture DC in a fast paced game though he is a tough defender and rebounder. Kuhlman is a threat to hit the three and stretch the defense but unsure he could defend well enough. There is a possibility of Becker playing the 5, he has the overall best ability than the other two, but does not have the weight or strength to play there yet.

I do think newcomer Deandre Williams will probably be leading scorer with Hurley not too far behind. Lots of balance this year for sure...which I am most excited about.

Acescott
Casual Fan

Postby Acescott » Fri May 25, 2018 11:12 am

I say Famous. His bulk underneath will be valuable and produce a decent scoring average.

Acescott
Casual Fan

Postby Acescott » Fri May 25, 2018 11:13 am

Danius.... sorry....

Aces & Eights
Head Cheerleader

Postby Aces & Eights » Fri May 25, 2018 11:27 am

DC is a good alternative to trying to spell out Danius Chatkevicius. Everyone on the forum will know who you are referring to.

Return to “The Aces”