Show me the roster!

Discussions of all the Aces sports
acecard
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1950

Show me the roster!

Postby acecard » Fri May 25, 2018 9:56 am

It was promised that we would see the final roster this week. Well, we've got about 8 hours left for that to happen. Anybody got any info on what is holding it up?

GoAcesgo
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1989

Re: Show me the roster!

Postby GoAcesgo » Fri May 25, 2018 10:20 am

I think Becker and Feehan were added after he announced that, we have one scholarship left, but it might not be filled, this could be the roster.

Aces & Eights
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1971

Postby Aces & Eights » Fri May 25, 2018 10:24 am

Did anyone go to the Coaches Caravan?

stennisrm72
Ford Center Regular
Fan Since: 1964

Postby stennisrm72 » Fri May 25, 2018 10:38 am

There was an athletic department member at the Aces High Club meeting the other night. It likely will be the second summer session before all team members will be on campus. It could be July before we know. That is speculation on my part, not a statement of fact from the athletic department. I did not attend the caravan last night.

mybigpurplebrain
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 1982

Postby mybigpurplebrain » Fri May 25, 2018 2:02 pm

I think it was “ mentioned” that a completed roster announcement could be this week. Not “ promised”. Well get it when they have it, I’m guessing.

PurpleRain
Casual Fan
Fan Since: 2010

Postby PurpleRain » Fri May 25, 2018 5:41 pm

Aces & Eights wrote:Did anyone go to the Coaches Caravan?

I was there! Nice new hotel, good crowd, tasty food, extremely limited cash bar.

Speakers were Lance, Walter, Coach Linkliter. Introduced Logan the Director of Basketball Operations and DeAndre the new recruit. KJ was also there. Other players away from campus til Summer Session begins (or thereabouts).

Don’t recall any new news other than over what was reported today in Courier & Press - raised over $1million since Walter arrived, put sound system in practice facility, bought iPads, etc. Coach Ruffing was not a speaker but said the women’s side also installed a sound system and a couple other upgrades.

Walter was his usual upbeat self. Jokingly suggested passing around a collection plate for those who haven’t yet donated. Coach McCarty’s enthusiasm is highly contagious as the entire Athletic Dept staff seems reenergized.

Return to “The Aces”