Team Coverage

Discussions of all the Aces sports
kyace1
Ford Center Regular
Fan Since: 1983

Team Coverage

Postby kyace1 » Wed May 30, 2018 9:00 pm

What a fun time! Recruits, coach, Learfield, schedule & season tickets... awesome! I wanted to take a minute and thank Pat Hickey. I really appreciate the coverage being provided. He has done an above and beyond job. Good recruiting info, the new mailbag, interacting with this board and his Twitter followers have all had a part in keeping the excitement going. Thanks!

rpyke
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 2003

Re: Team Coverage

Postby rpyke » Wed May 30, 2018 10:03 pm

Pat has been great for us. Easily the best reporter we've had in awhile. Really hope he sticks around for some time. Thanks a lot, Pat.

Oh, and to add, I have seen some things we've discussed here used in Pat's articles. I think that's awesome that he frequents this site. Glad we can help when we have, and also really cool to see you hop on here and talk with us.

AcePurple77
Casual Fan
Fan Since: 1977

Postby AcePurple77 » Wed May 30, 2018 11:08 pm

Agree, Pat has been terrific! Best interaction us Aces fans have been provided since I can remember. Feel like everything has been upgraded to the best of its ability. Coaching, athletic department, media coverage, radio broadcaster, the team will take a year or two, but I think they will be much more entertaining than previous years even if it’s much fewer wins in year 1. Lets really enjoy this year as we are playing with house money pretty much in 2018-19. Should be easy to root for and get excited. Is it November yet!?!?

Austin Ace
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1970

Postby Austin Ace » Wed May 30, 2018 11:55 pm

AcePurple77 wrote:Is it November yet!?!?

The crazy thing is we are almost six months away from starting the season and as Shea, the lastest recruit said:
"the excitement is through the roof there."

November can't come soon enough.

Austin Ace
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1970

Postby Austin Ace » Wed May 30, 2018 11:59 pm

AcePurple77 wrote:Is it November yet!?!?

The crazy thing is we are almost six months away from starting the season and as Shea, the lastest recruit said:
"...the excitement is through the roof..."

November can't come soon enough.

Tom Servo
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1991

Postby Tom Servo » Thu May 31, 2018 8:25 am

Agree completely with all that is written above, Pat has done a great job and we are definitely in a good position to start making some things happen.
Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.
- John Wooden

acecard
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1950

Postby acecard » Thu May 31, 2018 10:21 am

Yes, Pat is the best, and hope he stays around for all the excitement that is going to happen. Really like the "mailbag" feature. Should allow us average fans to ask the questions that no one else wants to ask to a person who seems to want, and is able, to get the answers. The only good thing about getting old is that the time seems to pass a lot faster, than it does when you are young, so November doesn't seem that far away for me.

I still don't see why a roster can't be announced right now of the players we have signed, and are committed. Names can always added at a later date.

Aces44
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 1992

Postby Aces44 » Thu May 31, 2018 11:24 am

Agreed!
Pat Hickey for Mayor!!!!

He’s the Best Beat Writer we’ve had in 30 years. And it’s not close.

Thanks Pat! Keep up the great work!

stl scooter
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1987

Postby stl scooter » Thu May 31, 2018 12:05 pm

Aces44 wrote:Agreed!
Pat Hickey for Mayor!!!!

He’s the Best Beat Writer we’ve had in 30 years. And it’s not close.

Thanks Pat! Keep up the great work!

Agreed!

Hickey 2019
#ACESACES #GetOnBoard #ImOnBoard

pmh24
Evansville Courier & Press
Evansville Courier & Press
Fan Since: 2011

Postby pmh24 » Thu May 31, 2018 5:44 pm

You all are going to make me blush.

I really appreciate the kind words. Wouldn't be doing my job if I didn't frequent this site as much as possible. This is a great resource that I've relied on for insight and to get a pulse of the fan base.

Likewise, keep up the great work here and thanks for following along. It makes my job 100 percent more enjoyable when fans interact.

Return to “The Aces”