Illinois St.

Discussions of all the Aces sports
muni cup14
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1980

Illinois St.

Postby muni cup14 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:51 am

Rumor has it that Malik Yarbrough has got in trouble again at Illinois State and is suspended indefinitely

stl scooter
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1987

Re: Illinois St.

Postby stl scooter » Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:09 pm

#ACESACES #GetOnBoard #ImOnBoard

Austin Ace
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1970

Postby Austin Ace » Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:10 pm

The Pantagragh has an article that it was a hit and run accident from Sunday morning at 2:27 am and he did not stop to render aid. Two passengers reported the possible hit and run yesterday.

He is suspended indefinitely.

https://www.pantagraph.com/sports/college/illinois-state/isu-suspends-yarbrough-indefinitely-after-traffic-arrest/article_85b11dd2-fd7f-51c0-955f-9d2ca3817724.html#tracking-source=home-breaking

GoAcesgo
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1989

Postby GoAcesgo » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:27 pm

Well if Muller needs a job after Illinois State he would probably make a good warden.

PurpleAces
Road Tripper
Fan Since: 1980

Postby PurpleAces » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:33 pm

With Muller at the healm would not be surprised if he still plays this year.

purpleredbird
Ford Center Regular
Fan Since: 1984

Postby purpleredbird » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:40 am

Greetings all. Definitely will be interesting to see what happens from this. It's a bit strange to me that this is being classified as a hit-and-run by many, but his charges yesterday were misdemeanor and not felony as you see with most hit-and-run accidents. Maybe that's based on the amount of injury, but not sure. A lot of what happens is really going to depend on what comes out of the case in the next week.

If this stays a misdemeanor, and it doesn't impact his court supervision, then my guess is he misses the 2 exhibition games and that will be about all. Not saying I agree with it, but that's my guess. What's strange here is that I know a number of people who have met Malik many times and they all say he is a good kid. He just makes poor small decisions that he doesn't always appreciate the impact of.

Regardless I do think this will hurt his draft stock.

letsgoAces
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1969

Postby letsgoAces » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:07 am

[quote="purpleredbird"]Greetings all. Definitely will be interesting to see what happens from this. It's a bit strange to me that this is being classified as a hit-and-run by many, but his charges yesterday were misdemeanor and not felony as you see with most hit-and-run accidents. Maybe that's based on the amount of injury, but not sure. A lot of what happens is really going to depend on what comes out of the case in the next week.

If this stays a misdemeanor, and it doesn't impact his court supervision, then my guess is he misses the 2 exhibition games and that will be about all. Not saying I agree with it, but that's my guess. What's strange here is that I know a number of people who have met Malik many times and they all say he is a good kid. He just makes poor small decisions that he doesn't always appreciate the impact of.

Regardless I do think this will hurt his draft stock.[/quo

Just makes "poor small decisions"....really????? "Doesn't always appreciate the impact of".....really????
Oh my....it might hurt his draft stock...what a pity

E-Villan
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1967

Postby E-Villan » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:36 am

purpleredbird wrote:Greetings all. Definitely will be interesting to see what happens from this. It's a bit strange to me that this is being classified as a hit-and-run by many, but his charges yesterday were misdemeanor and not felony as you see with most hit-and-run accidents. Maybe that's based on the amount of injury, but not sure. A lot of what happens is really going to depend on what comes out of the case in the next week.

Regardless I do think this will hurt his draft stock.

I would say these are a little higher than "small" decisions.

Seriously, has the fan base grown tired of these situations, and what point do people start saying enough is enough with Muller? I am not a hater of ISU, in fact, I am typing this from a hotel in BloNo, and ISU is the only Valley school that is an actual customer of mine. With that said, I would have to think the good people up here would be tired of the situations. Does it bother you that the reputation of your program is probably the lowest of all Valley schools, and by a good margin? The nickname Jailbirds didn't just start with Malik. Is what Dan is accomplishing worth having your program viewed as nothing more than a joke?

I pulled hard for the Kevin Stallings teams, and had all the respect in the world for ISU when Porter was there. Seems like all of that has been erased with the inmates now running the asylum.

Aces44
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 1992

Postby Aces44 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:59 am

Unless he is behind bars, he starts the first regular season game.

Bet it.

letsgoAces
Head Cheerleader
Fan Since: 1969

Postby letsgoAces » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:38 pm

I am all for giving kids "second chances"....where would any of us be if we did not receive a second opportunity. I have received my share of people believing in me when they did not have to, though none of them had to do with breaking any laws. But at some point there has to be a "wake up" call for individuals who continue to show a pattern of behavior than can no longer be tolerated....some folks are just not going to get the message until you "kick them out of the door"...particularly when it comes to committing crimes. Dan Mueller isn't doing MK any favors by letting him stick around...clearly past disciplinary actions against him have not impacted him at all. But will Coach Mueller do this? Probably not. He will continue to tarnish the reputation of his program and continue to be a poor example to the rest of his roster. Maybe my biggest question mark at this point is why does the ISU president not intervene?

Return to “The Aces”