Postby stl scooter » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:00 pm

He is already out of jail on "court supervision."
#ACESACES #GetOnBoard #ImOnBoard

ncace
Road Tripper
Fan Since: 1969

Re: Illinois St.

Postby ncace » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:01 pm

The fix is in. Muller is not playing the game to the degree that some other coaches have, but he will do pretty much anything to reach the Dance this year. His eyes are on the prize: a ticket to a head coaching job at a P5 school. Yarb. Isn't the only piece, but he is a key to a potentially big season for ISUr, so Muller isn't likely to do much more than a slap on the wrist.

COUTEAU
Head Cheerleader

Postby COUTEAU » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:26 pm

I don't think the problem with a lot of these young athletes, skirting the law, can be put entirely on any coach, program, or school.
These kind of issues started years prior.
They've been told they were special and coddled by grade & high school coaches.
AAU & "prep" school players are placed on pedistals and treated like professional athletes already.
They're never told "no" they can't do that and when they do, someone else cleans up the mess, for them.
All it seems he had to do was make an attempt.
He felt, he wasn't obliged
Someone would "fix" it for him
I say sit him.
Let him play DIi.
But, as someone posted above.....he'll be on the floor at tip on first game, unless he's locked up.

Ad1770
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 1980

Postby Ad1770 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:41 am

Let me run this through my handy dandy truth filter.

purpleredbird wrote:Greetings all. Definitely will be interesting to see what happens from this.

Howdy you guys. This won’t be interesting in the least as we all know how this will turn out in the end anyways.

purpleredbird wrote:It's a bit strange to me that this is being classified as a hit-and-run by many, but his charges yesterday were misdemeanor and not felony as you see with most hit-and-run accidents. Maybe that's based on the amount of injury, but not sure.

It is strange to me how people like you are calling this a hit and run, after all, he only bumped the woman with his car and then drove off. That shouldn’t be considered a hit and run. Call it like it is. It is you people being jealous that Milik plays for us and not you. And it is also a good thing that he made it home and slept it off, because he could have really gotten in trouble if he hadn’t. Thank goodness.

purpleredbird wrote:A lot of what happens is really going to depend on what comes out of the case in the next week.

We all know nothing will come out in the next week as two things will happen. 1) Court cases take months to work their way out. The season will most likely be over before this is adjudicated. 2) HCDM knows of the situation and will be handling it internally.

purpleredbird wrote:If this stays a misdemeanor, and it doesn't impact his court supervision, then my guess is he misses the 2 exhibition games and that will be about all.

Even if this would happen to become a felony, we all know that nothing will become of this. I’ll say that he misses two exhibition games to appease you non understanding people.

purpleredbird wrote:Not saying I agree with it, but that's my guess. What's strange here is that I know a number of people who have met Malik many times and they all say he is a good kid.

I will say that I (PRB) do not agree with the suspension, especially if Milik misses even an exhibition because he is nothing more than a misunderstood kid that has a heart of gold according to some unnamed people that I have talked to. You people need to quit judging this kid.

purpleredbird wrote:He just makes poor small decisions that he doesn't always appreciate the impact of.

I have nothing. Nothing. This may actually be the dumbest outright statement I have ever read. A poor small decision would he stole a penny candy from the store, not hit someone with his car while most likely drunk.

That said, now it is my turn Mr. PurpleRedBird.

Plain and simple fact is this. In every instance that Milik has a run in with the law, Illinois State fans had someone else to blame it on. Of course, ISUr fans have also promoted violence against women, but that is something that I will not get in to.

ISUr fans are talking big stuff on MVCFans and the ISU fan forum in talking about what should be done, but it all comes out very quickly. Biggest one is when a ISU poster states that they should hit the reset button “after the season”. My question. Why wait? Hit it now. Kick him off the team. But it won’t happen. HCDM won’t do it because he needs MY to finish 5th at best. If he doesn’t have him, they will most likely be a PIG team. Oh, I’ve heard how they are the “front runners” for the MVC, but I don’t see it. You are returning all the players from a team that was 10-8 last year, and believe the will be more that that? They are too selfish to be anything more than that, and this latest MY incident just proves it.

I’m sick of this topic. I’m sick of the black eye it gives ISUr. I’m sick of the black eye it gives the league, and I am absolutely sick of ISUr fans defending idiots like this and his head Coach for doing absolutely nothing.
TIME TO GET IT RIGHT

Aces44
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 1992

Postby Aces44 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:04 am

COUTEAU wrote:I don't think the problem with a lot of these young athletes, skirting the law, can be put entirely on any coach, program, or school.
AAU & "prep" school players are placed on pedistals and treated like professional athletes already.
They're never told "no" they can't do that and when they do, someone else cleans up the mess, for them.
I say sit him.
Let him play DIi.
But, as someone posted above.....he'll be on the floor at tip on first game, unless he's locked up.

Ha! Why is this on the coaches head’s? Are The parents responsible for raising their kids?
The coach’s job is to help them understand how to play the game; parents are responsible for teaching right and wrong.

No coach can unwind in 2 hrs/day what the parents teach the other 22.

muni cup14
Head Cheerleader

Postby muni cup14 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:21 am

Absolutely correct

Ad1770
Bobblehead Owner

Postby Ad1770 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:02 pm

Aces44 wrote:
COUTEAU wrote:I don't think the problem with a lot of these young athletes, skirting the law, can be put entirely on any coach, program, or school.
I say sit him.
Let him play DIi.

Ha! Why is this on the coaches head’s? Are The parents responsible for raising their kids?
The coach’s job is to help them understand how to play the game; parents are responsible for teaching right and wrong.

No coach can unwind in 2 hrs/day what the parents teach the other 22.

Yes, the parents are responsible for teaching right and wrong, but I will ask this. He has now had three arrests in a year. How many times has the person responsible for him (at least that is what all these coaches say to the parents when they are recruiting them) made him sit for his transgressions and bad behavior? How many actual minutes, days, and games of actual basketball time has he missed? The answer is none. Not one minute of one game. He is currently “suspended”, but considering that official team activities have not started, can he really be considered suspended?

I would put that on the coach very much so. Anyone that can really ask how it is on the coach is really missing the boat.
TIME TO GET IT RIGHT

muni cup14
Head Cheerleader

Postby muni cup14 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:23 pm

This is the way that I see it being around a lot of kids that are my children's ages.You can have a kid come from a perfect family go to church every Sunday go to school get good grades.But if that child wants go into the world and make the wrong decisions there is nothing that anyone can do

Aces44
Bobblehead Owner
Fan Since: 1992

Postby Aces44 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:09 pm

I’m missing nothing. I’ve been there and I promise you DM’s boss wants him to win games.
Therefore, if the AD is ok with it, so will DM.

bikerace
Road Tripper
Fan Since: 1963

Postby bikerace » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:07 pm

I would never want to win bad enough to put up with this kind of player. this type of player lets other players believing it is alright to do what you want to.

Return to “The Aces”